Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT2 confirmed but I get screwed out of greed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Formula1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by oak
if that's the case then say so. don't ****'n bull**** me. don't lecture me on life. **** happens. bull****.
Go back and read my threads. My first two threads were not directed toward you, I don't know how you got that impression. "Don't bull**** me"? What? Go get an education and learn how to comprehend English.

Second of all, who the hell are you to go off on someone. Your an embarassment to this board. No one threw stones at you and I'm sure no one appreciates your profane attacks.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Call Porsche NA. Explain the situation and let them know you will posting their response. If Porsche is going to allow dealers to sell over MSRP and not honor customer wait list, then Porsche buyers should know.

In your case, though you did not give them a deposit, the prior business practice (what five times over five years?) between you and the dealership has established that the car will be delivered to you for MSRP. The fact they have a waiting list only reinforces the verbal agreement you had with them. It clearly shows an intent to sell the car at MSRP based on prior dealings with you. If it were otherwise, they would have so indicated.

Look at this way. What you do in this situation could have a very positive affect for the entire Porsche buying community. The facts are strongly in your favor and maybe it is high time Porsche became aware of what is going on and take a position in the matter.

Now go and kick some ***.

Last edited by nberry; 06-25-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:47 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Formula1
Go back and read my threads. My first two threads were not directed toward you, I don't know how you got that impression. "Don't bull**** me"? What? Go get an education and learn how to comprehend English.

Second of all, who the hell are you to go off on someone. Your an embarassment to this board. No one threw stones at you and I'm sure no one appreciates your profane attacks.
formula, don't fret. that's how I respond when I get pissed. I am an embarassment to this board and proud of it.

the bs remark was my response to the dealer not you, the lecture bs was my response to you. don't take it too personally it's just a car board. I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:36 AM
tshih is infamous around these parts
OP, please do as Nberry said and contact PCNA. However, the dealer in USA is pretty strong and may not be punished if they wish to sell above MSRP (as Manufacturer Suggested rather than mandatory Retail Price). They (PCNA) can threaten the dealer with limiting future allocations under the table to get them to honor their deal with you if they side with you. Also I am a longtime PCA member and our region has a dealer liason who makes sure our members are well treated by the dealers in our area. Group pressure has a way of getting things done when individuals get trashed or bullied.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Bobsheeley is infamous around these parts
Only 15 GT2s for the whole of the UK. Porshe UK required purchasers to write in and explain why they should get one.

Over here dealers have to sell a new car at the normal dealer price (as I understand it required by Porsche UK)

Seems you lot are being screwed

Bob

Old 11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
RichP is infamous around these parts
The big problem is you are getting the car in LA. Lets face facts, you are not a huge customer there. If you were a customer in the midwest or even at most dealers on the East Coast they would treat you like royalty).

If they were concerned about you "flipping" the car I am sure something in writing preventing you to do such could have been arranged.

There are enough dumb people out there with too much money willing to pay whatever it takes to get a car, just for the name status. Personally, no matter where I am later fiscally in my life, I would never pay over MSRP for a new factory car, it is just throwing money away. Its good to see you have the same morals, and also an understanding that this is a lux item to begin with; the situation sucks but nothing important enough to go to court "Im gonna sue you, etc" nonsense.