Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT2 confirmed but I get screwed out of greed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
997 GT2 confirmed but I get screwed out of greed!

So I've been no. 1 on the list for the new 997 GT2 at Pacific Porsche in LA for 18 months and they called me today to say that even though I'm number one on the list I'm not getting it. They said that they're only getting one car period and that the owner decided to put it on the floor and see how much over MSRP they can get because production is limited to 200 units.

Now keep in mind that I've bought 5 new cars from them in the last 5 years over $600K and they do this BS move.

Needless to say, it's amazing how greedy they are!!

Any dealers out there want my future business?

Old 06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
turbo_freak is infamous around these parts
whoa, that's pretty shady I must say. Let it sit there for a couple months and they may reconsider.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Try brandywine maybe they are a little open since the last incident..

Aloha

Byron

Old 06-20-2007, 05:22 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
hey man
im sorry to hear that

but guess what

this is being dictated by the market

porsche is being real dumb for not making enough cars

and there are people , obviosly not you, who will pay WHATEVER THEY HAVE TO PAY to get the car

im sorry to hear abou that man , this is really getting out of hand

but the problem is porsche aswell, not just the dealership

Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
So I wasn't even given an option to bid over MSRP. They simply said we want to basically see what we can get on open market, "sorry".

I'm a firm believer that in any business you're only as good as your word and in this case they broke their word to make an extra few bucks. I buy new cars from them each year and to throw that relationship away for an extra few thousand over msrp is simply bad business. I would go so far as to say just stupid. And as my good friend Chris always tells me "you can't fix stupid"!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Oweyea
So I've been no. 1 on the list for the new 997 GT2 at Pacific Porsche in LA for 18 months and they called me today to say that even though I'm number one on the list I'm not getting it. They said that they're only getting one car period and that the owner decided to put it on the floor and see how much over MSRP they can get because production is limited to 200 units.

Now keep in mind that I've bought 5 new cars from them in the last 5 years over $600K and they do this BS move.

Needless to say, it's amazing how greedy they are!!

Any dealers out there want my future business?

They pulled the same crap on me with my RS order and sent my 5k deposit back. I have since moved all of my business to Gary at Carlsen Porsche.

I don't like the way they do business!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:15 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
keep writing letter to PCNA
thats all i can say

Old 06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
In just a few posts, they already lost the 50 grand they are trying to make. Great loyality for 600 grand worth of cars. They should be email blasted.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Damn! It's sad to say, but I'm not surprised....Seems to be a lot of that going around

Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skojasevic
hey man
im sorry to hear that

but guess what

this is being dictated by the market

porsche is being real dumb for not making enough cars

and there are people , obviosly not you, who will pay WHATEVER THEY HAVE TO PAY to get the car

im sorry to hear abou that man , this is really getting out of hand

but the problem is porsche aswell, not just the dealership
No offense but many of us were pretty pissed off that Porsche made way too many 996 TT's which dropped the resale value of our cars like a stone. Personally I like the fact that they are limiting production on certain models. I'm hoping my GT3 doesn't depreciate like my 996 TT has. Look at what Ferrari does with limited production and 18 month waiting lists. Their cars hold their value and our Porche's don't.
As far as the dealer going back on a deal with a good customer, absolutely unacceptable. A deal's a deal. One car is never worth losing a good customer over. They will learn that lesson the hard way.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:46 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
Porsches aren't supposed to be Ferraris. They are supposed to be attainable and within reach, that's how Porsche has always been -- affordable sports cars with amazing performance.

But this is a GT2... Still, 200 worldwide is too little (unless it's only 200 to the U.S.)

OP, you made a contract with them. Do you have anything, anything at ALL in writing to be able to enforce the contract? A letter? Credit card bill?

Probably not worth it to you but that's what I would do

Oh yeah, and definitely find a better dealer.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:13 PM
GBGT2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bavariamotorist

But this is a GT2... Still, 200 worldwide is too little (unless it's only 200 to the U.S.)
I'd love to think that there are only 200 997 GT2s worldwide given the bath we took on the 996 GT2 , but thats got to be a US figure.

Interested to hear that any dealers have actually stepped up to the plate that the new model GT2 exists regardless of the numerous spy shots, they tend to stay very cagey until the official release. I've been pushing for details based on the letter of intent Porsche GB have held for 7 months now, still getting very polite holding emails.....

Old 06-20-2007, 08:48 PM
porsche's are not made to be so limited though
i mean the gt3 is a great car, but it's not a carrera gt, or an enzo

the number is gt3's should be about 1000 ...

700 gt3s
and 300 gt3RS

thats for 07
then for 08, you adjust that number depending on sales

this whole mark up , and dealers screwing existing clients doen't do anybody any good

Old 06-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Business is business.

We complain when they make too many cars. We complain when they don't make enough cars.

Ferrari resale is enviable, and though it's pisses me off because I can't get one at msrp, I respect their business model. Porsche is doing thing imho to get ready to sell 200K cars in the future, and without demonstration that they can support values, they are towing a hard line now. No one wants a repeat of the 996TT, Carrera GT and GT2. I will buy Ferrari at 200K unless Porsche shows me that they can protect me.

Sorry for you nevertheless.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
The fact that you've been waiting 1.5 years for this car....
The fact that you've purchased quite a few porsches from this dealer...
The fact that you've been a loyal porsche owner...

Oh yeah... that's why the call them "stealerships."

- Sorry for your loss dude.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 confirmed but I get screwed out of greed!