GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New Alignment 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
sasportas has a spectacular aura aboutsasportas has a spectacular aura about
New Alignment 997 GT3

I know that there has been a lot of discussion about a good alignment and sway bar settings. As such, we have all tried different variations this summer with varying degrees of success. All I have to say is that you should consider making a trip to FarnbacherLoles in Danbury CT before experimenting anymore.

If you haven't been to FarnbacherLoles, their facility is extremely well set up and very impressive. They have a massive work shop that is laid out like a museum. As an added bonus, you'll get to see various race cars in their shop. Their technicians are masters and very professional. They can attend to any need you might have with your car. As for the 997 GT3, there are many well laid out upgrades and power increases that can be performed. A special note is their new exhaust/header/cats combination that simply blew my ears out - it sounded like a Carrera GT on steriods.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:57 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
So J, what mods are you signing up for

What alignment specs and swaybar settings did you end up going with?

Last edited by rmag; 06-22-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:10 AM
Jim911 is infamous around these parts
Is there much adjustment on the rear wheels of a 997 GT3 ? The RS is adjustable like a 996 GT3 but I've been told the GT3 is not. Anyone know for sure.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 PM
997 Gt3

There is plenty of adjustability. As far as alignment specs - I started the summer with approximately -1.7F/-2.2R with a slight toe out in the front (sways set to 1 from soft front, full stiff in back). The car actually tracked fairly well with this set-up but was slightly darty on the road and definitely would step out if provoked. Of note was that understeer was fairly tame with this set-up. Now I have a set-up that is slightly more friendly on the street with loads of rear end grip in the rear. The new set-up is approximately even front and rear -2.0F/-2.0R (sways set 1 from stiff in front, and full soft in rear). Front toe is neutral. I also changed the rear toe links, lower control arms, and engine mounts. I have yet to fully test this set-up but by the seat of my pants the car seems real solid and stable with power on corner exit.

Old 06-24-2007, 02:56 PM
bobk is infamous around these parts
Rs Alignment Specs

I'v researched this topic on Rennlist a bit. Looks like the track specificspec is
front: -2.5 dge camber / 5' total toe IN
Rear: -2.4 deg. camber / 34' total toe in

I believe that the small amount of total toe in will greatly aid in straight line stability.

Can anyone with track experience confirm this please? Benifiting from other experienced drivers knowledge / testing to set the car up best as possible prior to first tracking it would be great.
Thanks

Bob

Old 06-24-2007, 03:03 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sasportas
I know that there has been a lot of discussion about a good alignment and sway bar settings. As such, we have all tried different variations this summer with varying degrees of success. All I have to say is that you should consider making a trip to FarnbacherLoles in Danbury CT before experimenting anymore.

If you haven't been to FarnbacherLoles, their facility is extremely well set up and very impressive. They have a massive work shop that is laid out like a museum. As an added bonus, you'll get to see various race cars in their shop. Their technicians are masters and very professional. They can attend to any need you might have with your car. As for the 997 GT3, there are many well laid out upgrades and power increases that can be performed. A special note is their new exhaust/header/cats combination that simply blew my ears out - it sounded like a Carrera GT on steriods.

do you happen to live in princeton sasportas?

Old 06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
cramos67 is infamous around these parts
sasportas......

Your absolutely correct in you view. I've know Spencer ***(speedsport) for years, way back prior to him joining forces with Dominik F. and although they specialize in Porsches, they have taken care of my e30 m3 since I've owned it and have done great improvments. Now that I'm a GT3 owner.....there's no other shop I would take my car to. Is anyone planning to attend next weeks ALMS at LimeRock?? I know Porsche NA will have a Corporate Hospitality Tent and you can get VIP ticket from your local Porche dealer(provided they like you) ......It would be nice to put faces to some of the names on this site

Old 06-29-2007, 12:04 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
I am running 2.7 with 0 toe in the front and 2.3 with 2.5 toe per side in the rear.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Alignment

I'm curioius as to how the car feels with -2.5 to -2.7 in the front. Is it very darty? Also, with greater than -2.2 camber in rear, I was getting a great deal of inside edge tire wear. I wonder when the new Toyo R888 becomes available if they will be OK with the greater camber?

Old 06-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Grussel,
Thanks, Seems to be close to what I've found.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Grussel,
Thanks, Seems your settling in at a spec close to what I've found.