Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I guess the rear slats are for real......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
I dunno, I kinda like it....I like the fact that its different than the standard rear...no plans to ditch the allocation.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:40 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RufMD
I dunno, I kinda like it....I like the fact that its different than the standard rear...no plans to ditch the allocation.
Yeh if I had an allocation I would not ditch either. Hell no!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:58 PM
jimhuber is infamous around these parts

Question. If given the choice to take delivery of the GT-2, for what ever M.S.R.P., or to find a RS for delivery now at market price?

Jim Huber

Old 07-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jimhuber
Question. If given the choice to take delivery of the GT-2, for what ever M.S.R.P., or to find a RS for delivery now at market price?

Jim Huber
Well, whoever is looking for a GT2 it will not be a buyer for a GT3, and viseversa, two different animals, albeit in the same barn.Sonny.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:37 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
The side parts of the lower wing look like nubs to me for some reason, very unattractive. I dont mind the slats, and if it's as fast as we want it to be, it'll start looking better real quick.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by jimhuber

Jim Huber
hah hah Jim ! Tough choice, both will be rare, but I've got the GT3 and I think the GT2 will be a beast that satisfies....so gotta stick with the GT2 for now. Besides, I'll get to see the GT3RS anyway once it is in your driveway !!!!

any update on delivery time (or is it already here ?)

Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 AM
hah hah Jim ! Tough choice, both will be rare, but I've got the GT3 and I think the GT2 will be a beast that satisfies....so gotta stick with the GT2 for now. Besides, I'll get to see the GT3RS anyway once it is in your driveway !!!!

any update on delivery time (or is it already here ?)

I am told the build is for July 20, so we will see. August is my guess. Since our friend was kind enoughf to sell at MSRP I am going to let him showcase it on his floor for two weeks. This is my first "Super Car" and I thank him for showing me the same respect as others and the welcome to events and his kindness. I think the GT-2 will be a puller. I rember when I drove my first performance car, it was a 1984 M-3. Till then the only car for me was a Chevette and the difference was steller. I hope for that kind of feeling when my new car comes. My car has a sticker of around 169K I think I ordered every option. I will put in the front and rear cage in green when it comes in along with a set of Dymags in black for the Pimp Factor. I have been trying to come over and see your collection however I have been bussy. I am in the concrete and decrotive concrete business and we are swamped and that is a good thing so I can buy this.

Have a wonderfull 4th

Jim Huber

Old 07-04-2007, 10:36 AM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
beyond hideous. shame that people spending over $200k for this are now going to have to start changing rear bumpers before they can drive it in public. no question i made right choice for me with gt3.

might not be so bad in black though. this worked for my old 348's ugly side slats. white is definitely worst choice.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by fcar348
beyond hideous. shame that people spending over $200k for this are now going to have to start changing rear bumpers before they can drive it in public. no question i made right choice for me with gt3.

might not be so bad in black though. this worked for my old 348's ugly side slats. white is definitely worst choice.

I really like the rear end of this car and I think the slats look strong. The 959 has slats and they look good. I think everyone will like what the buy and buy what they like. You know just being able to owne and drive a car as any of the mentioned remarkable. 200K is a lot of money for a car however 200K is not a lot of money for a horse in my neck of the woods.

Jim Huber

Old 07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Looks kinda AMG'ish.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
Car is too busy for me.Have an option at a Floida dealer and will wait to see what final product looks like. If this is the car it's not for me. Will look for something else.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 PM
mishref is infamous around these parts
I am going to wait for Wicked to make the GT2-RS Cabriolet...

Old 07-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fcar348

Yeah, until one blows by you at the highway!!...just kidding!!

Old 07-04-2007, 05:15 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I love it, looks very clean in white.