Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Oops...spun my GT3 at Watkins Glen Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Oops...spun my GT3 at Watkins Glen Video

Was at Watkins Glen last weekend with the GT3. Had a little "Woops" event spinning into the tire wall (Video shot from behind from fellow 6speeder). Car and self came out pretty much unscathed luckily VIDEO

And here's a clean 2:14 lap: VIDEO

Old 07-03-2007, 03:40 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rmag
Was at Watkins Glen last weekend with the GT3. Had a little "Woops" event spinning into the tire wall (Video shot from behind from fellow 6speeder). Car and self came out pretty much unscathed luckily VIDEO

And here's a clean 2:14 lap: VIDEO
wow, crazy. at least youre ok. hows the car, and damage? do you have track day insurance?

Old 07-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
wow, crazy. at least youre ok. hows the car, and damage? do you have track day insurance?
Yea I have track insurance, but luckily didn't need it. Came to rest just into the tire wall. Entire backside was covered in black, but the rear clip didn't crack. Most buffed out, only a few scratches!

Old 07-03-2007, 03:50 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Yea I have track insurance, but luckily didn't need it. Came to rest just into the tire wall. Entire backside was covered in black, but the rear clip didn't crack. Most buffed out, only a few scratches!
you are a lucky man my friend.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 PM
and btw, your car pulled very hard in that video. almost like it left the other porsche standing still at one point, but prob just because he wasnt on it like you were. but very fast nonetheless.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Banned
tamaneri is infamous around these parts
car in front of you looked fast =)

Old 07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
rhudeboye is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tamaneri
car in front of you looked fast =)
I believe he was the car in the front.

With all the dust kick up I couldnt tell, was it your tail end that hit the wall or the side?

Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Damnn!!!
that´s the 2nd video of a 997 GT3 with a bad day in a circuit!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by rhudeboye
I believe he was the car in the front.

With all the dust kick up I couldnt tell, was it your tail end that hit the wall or the side?
Yea that was me in front. The car's tail bumped the wall, nothing on the side (luckily fiberglass not metal)

Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
and btw, your car pulled very hard in that video. almost like it left the other porsche standing still at one point, but prob just because he wasnt on it like you were. but very fast nonetheless.
There's a reason. I hit the brakes way too late for the tires/brakes not being up to temp yet...hence I pulled away, but he made it around the turn, and I didn't

Old 07-03-2007, 04:13 PM
rhudeboye is infamous around these parts
Yea that was me in front. The car's tail bumped the wall, nothing on the side (luckily fiberglass not metal)
Well, glad your OK, I've seen Porsches take some pretty hard hits w/ minimal damage and the driver always seems to walk away unharmed.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Kieran is infamous around these parts
Wow, you really pushed it in that turn! Very lucky to make it out with no damage.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:40 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Ryan,

Spectacular, I am glad you are OK. I am also glad to see you drive the snot out of your GT3

BBB

Old 07-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Juha is infamous around these parts
Wow!

Glad you came out ok and your car was not damaged!

The track looks really cool/demanding but damn, it looks like there's no room for error there at all!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:50 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
mag,
glad u're ok. looks very close...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oops...spun my GT3 at Watkins Glen Video