Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

B&M handcuffs off and available!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 12:40 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
B&M handcuffs off and available!

BH put a stock shifter in today -- what a relief! smooth, clean and
GT2 short!!!

if anyone wants my B&M cheap, PM me

Old 04-13-2004, 01:11 PM
MgnFicnT is infamous around these parts
congrats

Old 04-16-2004, 04:22 PM
loliver is infamous around these parts
You took out the B&M S.S. and put in the Porsche shift? I thought I was crazy, I had the b&m installed and I find it notchie and difficult to shift quickly. The original GT2 shifter was much better IMHO, but I was afraid to admit it.

Old 04-16-2004, 06:21 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
L-

it's the truth!! there is no shifter problem in a GT2. and you should just return to stock, although you will need new bushings, or a new shifter [250]

Old 04-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
If you want to shorten the throws in the GT2 w/o any change in the stock shifter feel (not notchy at all), get one of the short shift kits that install under the car at the tranny/linkage junction point. TechArt makes such a kit specifically for the GT2, which is 2-way adjustable (as opposed to their other kits which are 3-way) --shortening the throws either 10 or 20%.

Old 04-18-2004, 10:00 AM
jackster,

are you putting that techart kit in your gt2?

Old 04-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
I had the b&m installed and I find it notchie and difficult to shift quickly.
Maybe it's the B&M/GT2 interface that's different, or the way your B&M was installed, because on my Turbo the shift effort is just a little bit higher, it's not notchie, and it shifts as fast as I can imagine possible. It's a 10 out of 10.

I noticed the other day that if I have just my fingertips on the shifter all I have to do on the 1-2 shift is close my fingers to my palm without moving my arm.