GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best California roads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 08:42 AM
ALE
ALE is infamous around these parts
Best California roads

Am taking the GT3 to California at end of summer. Would appreciate recommendations for the best roads in/around LA; mid Coast and SanFran areas. Thanks for the help,

Old 07-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
northern california highway 1 and check out pebble beack golf course.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
theres also a route that follows the pacific crest trail that starts in mexico and ends in canada but thas a bit of a stretch. Highway 1 tho is considered to be the most beautiful in the whole world. no lie..

Last edited by IslandMD615; 07-07-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:49 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
here's a blog from a small percentage of roads i've traveled here

http://wideopentraveler.blogspot.com/

Old 07-07-2007, 02:58 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
101 from LA to San Francisco is a nice drive. Christophorous seems to think so too

Old 07-07-2007, 02:58 PM
SrfCity is infamous around these parts
Check www.pashnit.com for some of the best roads. It's a motorcycle site but it doesn't matter.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:30 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
get over the golden gate take a right and under the freeway leads to the coast hwy stay on it forever you will never want to return,,,, this will take you all the way to fort bragg...point reyes first then some very cool ocean front towns, not much inforcement and you will find youself right on the ocean really!!!!!

Old 07-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Spidermonkey is infamous around these parts
Bring the radar detector. Last time I ran PCH north up to fort bragg I passed at least 10 white highway patrol cars and saw at least 4 people pulled over. Don't forget- Them is small town folk up there too and they don't take too kindly to strangers ripping up their roads with them exotic cars.

Same thing for 101N between LA and San Francisco- heavily patrolled.

Recently I've been hit twice by laser now too. Seems as though some of the new CHP motorcycles are equipped with laser now.

The best driving roads and the least patrolled ones are still in Southern California but I'm not telling where...As soon as some fool posts them the cops will follow. I've seen it happen with another site where some of my favorite roads were posted. Now you can't drive them because every schmuck with an exhaust kit on his car is up there because they were posted online as the best roads to drive. Unfortunately many of them have destroyed their cars and motorcycles up there too...in way over their heads.

Please! PM this gentleman with your suggestions so we don't draw unecessary attention to our favorite circuits. Thanks!

Last edited by Spidermonkey; 07-08-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:35 AM
ALE
ALE is infamous around these parts
thanks

and, yes, please do send the messages by PM.
Feel free to make hotel/restaurant recommendations for points along that route. Appreciatre your thoughts and comments.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:29 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
ALE PM me and I will put you in touch with a bunch of 993 crazies who will drive from the Bay area to Santa Barbara for a cup of coffee. They will purposely go out and hunt out roads they have never been on that are 200 miles away from their home. They ganged up and did a 1200 tour de California to see where they could find the best crab cake. They are good friends of mine and some of them are retired and would love to host someone looking for some serious seat time.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:43 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OldGuy
ALE PM me and I will put you in touch with a bunch of 993 crazies who will drive from the Bay area to Santa Barbara for a cup of coffee. They will purposely go out and hunt out roads they have never been on that are 200 miles away from their home. They ganged up and did a 1200 tour de California to see where they could find the best crab cake. They are good friends of mine and some of them are retired and would love to host someone looking for some serious seat time.

sounds like my wife and I. We drove to San Jose and back in one day just to eat

Old 07-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Spidermonkey is infamous around these parts
I drove 350 miles yesterday in search of coffee and breakfast...

Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
was on the coast hwy last nov between fort bragg and bodega bay not hint of police guess things have changed .. sorry . still a great drive.. think bolinas is a tad strange though.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
If you are in OC stop by the shop and say Hi..

we are located near soith coast plaza 405 and 55 area.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
If you want the real skinny on the best roads from Jenner North send me an email and I will let you in on a few very well kept secrets!! There are a few little known roards that even the local CHP don't patrol. (note that CHP is singular)

Originally Posted by ALE
Am taking the GT3 to California at end of summer. Would appreciate recommendations for the best roads in/around LA; mid Coast and SanFran areas. Thanks for the help,