Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Videos from Watkins Glen Event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 AM
adam89911 is infamous around these parts
Videos from Watkins Glen Event

Finally got the videos edited and posted.

Video of me chasing down a GT3 Cup Car the last day. I turned a 2:12 lap and a 2:13 during the chase. It is always nice to see the stock guy turn a better lap than and be faster than a race car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d4PuSezWis

These are the video's of me behind Ryan AFTER the big spin. They are in order because I could not post 1 long video. He was giving it a second try for some video. Ryan maybe you can learn a different line in some of the corners so you can keep up with me. Ha! Ha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-0LyDJ5inY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnLPwxwbIkk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULC2zJ3IpKU

Enjoy the video's and don't give Ryan a hard time, he was a little shaken up after Saturday. He will be better after some clean run sessions.

Ryan, thinking about Beaver Run with Alleghany Region on Aug 25 & 26.

Later,
Adam

Old 07-10-2007, 06:33 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Nice lap. You were flying

Old 07-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Kirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to allKirkorca is a name known to all
Good driving....seems the CUP car driver wasn't up to par.....maybe you should have switched cars........

Old 07-10-2007, 07:52 AM
colonel is infamous around these parts
nice driving...

Old 07-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks fellow 6speeders!

Yes, I believe the cup car driver was not up to par as well. A cup car can run 2:05's at the glen. I am still happy about my times.

I ran 2:12 and 2:13 in the white run group. You need to get pass signals and wait for other drivers to see you. Most drivers are not paying attention to their mirrors when it comes to a passing zone.

PCA Club racing is a different story. The Fastest guy in B Stock (GT3) runs 2:08 and 2:09. Other guys run the same times as I do.

If I were club Racing I think I would get a second or two faster. Also, those guys have more experience in the car and are better drivers. This is only my 3rd event in the GT3.

I guess I need to drive more to get faster!

Adam

Last edited by adam89911; 07-10-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:23 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Adam, you run a really nice line at the track, looks like you're WOT in the esses and cranking 150ish on that back straight! Nice line, that's the one I always try to run out there, nice car.
C

Old 07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Cup car was slow but you were fast and smooth. Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:47 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Nice run ... wish I were behind you trying to keep up

Old 07-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Adam, you run a really nice line at the track, looks like you're WOT in the esses and cranking 150ish on that back straight! Nice line, that's the one I always try to run out there, nice car.
C
'03 996 C4S-gone, 64k miles, rock solid

Thanks Chris,

I did get to 156 before the bus stop. I am not crazy enough to go flat out up the esses. Maybe next year but for now I will accept 156.

I have had several people comment on my line. That is what we in the Potomac and Chesapeake Region PCA call the "Pete Kaufman Line"(PKL). When I get to VIR I will post the "PKL" that he taught me there as well.

Adam

Old 07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Ryan, don't you have some video of me passing you coming out of turn 6. I would like to see that video soon. I want to see how close I get to the edges of the track. I think I am close but am probably 4 feet away.

Thanks,
Adam

Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adam89911
Ryan, don't you have some video of me passing you coming out of turn 6. I would like to see that video soon. I want to see how close I get to the edges of the track. I think I am close but am probably 4 feet away.

Thanks,
Adam
I can't recall you ever passing me ... except when i was in the tire wall.

I'll look for it

Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
That is probably because you never get that car out of third gear. I must have gone by you so fast you did not see me.

You must have me mistaken for Skip, just because we have the same color GT3 doesn't mean you are faster than both of us.

I will see you at VIR definately and maybe at Beaver Run.

Later Wildman,
Adam

Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Very smooth, no wonder it's getting fast lap times. Car seems very stable as well. I definately gotta ask you guys some tips on driving because I'm still nervous behind the wheel of GT3. Hope to see you guys at the track sometime. We should meet up too.

Adam, your car is stock except tequipment roll bar and the rims, right? What kinda rubber were you on?

Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Very smooth, no wonder it's getting fast lap times. Car seems very stable as well. I definately gotta ask you guys some tips on driving because I'm still nervous behind the wheel of GT3. Hope to see you guys at the track sometime. We should meet up too.

Adam, your car is stock except tequipment roll bar and the rims, right? What kinda rubber were you on?

Hey datax,

Thanks for the compliment. It is hard to drive a 996 GT3 smoothly. I must have been lucky that day. I think you may know my friend David, he drives an 03 M3 and does some events with me. He recognised your user name immediately. We will be at an autocross event this Sunday at Ripken Stadium, Aberdeen MD. He always comes out and tries to beat me, but never does.

Yes, my car is stock except for the bar and rims. I run MPSC, but I must tell you my secret is in the suspension. I had the 2006 Rolex 24 hours champion set up my car. He gave a good medium between track and street. I told him I would not tell anyone what the set up was, but I can give you his name and number if interested.

Talk to you later,

Adam

Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by adam89911
Hey datax,

Thanks for the compliment. It is hard to drive a 996 GT3 smoothly. I must have been lucky that day. I think you may know my friend David, he drives an 03 M3 and does some events with me. He recognised your user name immediately. We will be at an autocross event this Sunday at Ripken Stadium, Aberdeen MD. He always comes out and tries to beat me, but never does.

Yes, my car is stock except for the bar and rims. I run MPSC, but I must tell you my secret is in the suspension. I had the 2006 Rolex 24 hours champion set up my car. He gave a good medium between track and street. I told him I would not tell anyone what the set up was, but I can give you his name and number if interested.

Talk to you later,

Adam
Adam, not sure I will be able to make it out to Aberdeen this weekend but I'll try. You're right about how hard it is to drive the 996 GT3 smooth. My car was all over the place during my first drives. Then, the alignment and corner balanced at Intersport fixed most of the wild character but still very scary during mid cornering. I'm very looking forward to meet an another stock GT3 owner so that I could compare the cars. Also, if you don't mind, I would very much like to talk to the person who tuned your suspension. Thanks bro.

Cheers,
Ken

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Videos from Watkins Glen Event