Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Another RS for Sale thread closed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:29 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
please don't confuse purchasing an elmo off the shelf at your toys r us for your 2 yr old with an agreed amount either verbal or written for an exotic car. I think there is a slight difference when the dealer is emphatic about how their procedure is and there is contractual agreement. mmbo....kay?

Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
aren't u guys tired with this crap?

Old 07-10-2007, 03:42 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Seriously, it is ridiculous! And btw I think Steve deserves an apology from a few members who insulted his intelligience and so on, i'll say it again, some of you should be ashamed..

Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Kinda stupid question but when you place a deposit and sign the contract are they not legaly obligated to sell it to you? How is this not breach of contract? Has anyone hired a lawer to sue for breach of contract? If so this could send the shock waves through the industry.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:04 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by K24madness
Kinda stupid question but when you place a deposit and sign the contract are they not legaly obligated to sell it to you? How is this not breach of contract? Has anyone hired a lawer to sue for breach of contract? If so this could send the shock waves through the industry.
it all boils down to how the document was prepared when the deposit was given.
more than likely there wasnt a contract stipulating delivery gaurantee...... probably just a vague receipt... ( i know i have one )
unless there were provisions for mediation/arbitration and recovery of legal fees it would be rediculous to litigate something like this IMO....

Old 07-10-2007, 04:19 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 20C4S
obviously not.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:40 PM
adam89911 is infamous around these parts
Porsche Dealers and the questionable tactics!

I am going to my local Dealership and getting a job as salesperson. I will let everyone know what their stock is and what their allocations are for the upcoming year. I will sell to the people who want the Porsche's and I will be creditable.

Adam

Old 07-10-2007, 04:41 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Old 07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
This one is on rennlist classifieds.

2008 GT3-RS

Description
This car is August 2007 built, following is a spec list for this car:
Total Order$ 150,515
BSEMDL BASE Porsche Base Model Y 124,900
BDYCLR J5 Green 3,070
TOPCLR J5 Green 0
INTERI 78 Black Full Leather 2,995
OPTION P74 Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package 1,090
OPTION XAJ Standard Rocker Panels Painted 750
OPTION 810 Floor Mats - Interior Color 90
OPTION 450 Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB 8,840
OPTION P23 PCM 2.1 w/ Extended Navigation 3,110
OPTION CNE Spoiler Lip Painted 585
OPTION CXF Red Taillights 640
OPTION XME Rear Ctr Cons Painted Extr Clr 730
OPTION 25851 Seat Stitch Deviating Clr. GT3 550 Y
OPTION 24901 Dashboard Stitching Dev. Color 240 Y
OPTION 24902 Door Stitching in Dev. Color 240 Y
OPTION 24903 Door Handle Stitching Dev.Clr. 470 Y
OPTION 24904 Dev.Stitching Side Centr Cnsl 240 Y
OPTION 24905 Rear Side Panel Dev.Stitching 310 Y
OPTION 640 Chrono Package Plus 690

Please contact Valery for more information @ v.shpolyansky@gmail.com or cell phone: (818) 726-5958

Seller Information
Type of Seller:
Dealer
Company:

Old 07-10-2007, 04:44 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Luis!!

BTW I doubt sloan has the car.

Last edited by OldGuy; 07-10-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by oak
obviously not.
Oak, your post's make a lot of sense.

This issue is very important to the Porsche community. Deposits not honored and wait list ignored are concerns all buyers of Porsche should be able to discuss and elevated to Porsche.

If dealers can do this with the RS and not face sanctions from Porsche then they can do it to anyone even to the point where a car is delivered to dealership and some smock walks in and offers $10,000 over MSRP while the original buyer is standing there ready to take deliver. Ridiculous you think?

Think again. In the past, Porsche's were purchased by enthusiasts. Today, that is not the case. The pool of buyers has expanded and dealership are not beholden to any one customer. Porsche has mainstreamed the car except for some performance models which Porsche limited production on. As a result, dealers have a lot of traffic and some of these walkin individuals wanting to satisfy an itch will pay through the nose thus depriving the enthusiast a shot at the car.

Unless those that buy Porsche's frequently are able to air their grievances and stop this practice, they will be hurt the most. It clearly is an important enough issue to discuss.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 PM
oak
to me it's very simple, said depsosit given for a "position" on a list for said vehicle for said price. "consideration" is given when depsosit is recieved by the dealership. simple ain't easy. binding once the dealership takes deposit as "consideration".

Old 07-10-2007, 06:08 PM
CyE55 is infamous around these parts
Have any of these people that have gotten "screwed" actually ordered these cars? So when the car came in it was not delivered to them?

The way I see it, no one has actually ordered their car, but the cars that the dealers are selling for over MSRP are not that person's car, but another car that the dealership got, either through someone who backed out of their car when it arrived, or they bought it from somewhere else.

Am I missing something?

Old 07-10-2007, 06:11 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by oak
please don't confuse purchasing an elmo off the shelf at your toys r us for your 2 yr old with an agreed amount either verbal or written for an exotic car. I think there is a slight difference when the dealer is emphatic about how their procedure is and there is contractual agreement. mmbo....kay?
Perhaps you should re-read the posts and avoid name calling? I wasn't referring to people with deposits.

Last edited by PTarga; 07-10-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:25 PM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
what kills me most is that we are talking about $140-150k ( this is not chump change ) car..any dealer that treats a customer ( willing to spend over 100K for a CAR ) in an unfair manner doesn't deserve that customers business..let's face it folks a porsche or any other type of sports, exotic..etc ( car ) is a luxury ( a want ) and not a neccesity ( a need ).. some dealers need to recognize this.. the only way they will learn this, is when we take our business elsewhere..period

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another RS for Sale thread closed?