Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Another RS for Sale thread closed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speednme
what kills me most is that we are talking about $140-150k ( this is not chump change ) car..any dealer that treats a customer ( willing to spend over 100K for a CAR ) in an unfair manner doesn't deserve that customers business..let's face it folks a porsche or any other type of sports, exotic..etc ( car ) is a luxury ( a want ) and not a neccesity ( a need ).. some dealers need to recognize this.. the only way they will learn this, is when we take our business elsewhere..period
A dealership is a place of business. Sometimes you get deals, sometimes you do not. They are there to make money, as are the rest of us doing our normal professions... So what is wrong with a dealer selling the car for above MSRP? Supply and demand is the first thing that comes into my head. But, as stated, a LUXURY, is something that is NOT a necessity. Meaning, there is a market for it, and it can be had by many, but sold to few who want to pay the premium.

Let's not turn this thread into a giant playground fight, and simply state your points, and keep attacks on others out of it (take it to PM if you so choose).

Old 07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
I don't see any personal attacks in this thread.
That's the idea.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CyE55
Have any of these people that have gotten "screwed" actually ordered these cars? So when the car came in it was not delivered to them?

The way I see it, no one has actually ordered their car, but the cars that the dealers are selling for over MSRP are not that person's car, but another car that the dealership got, either through someone who backed out of their car when it arrived, or they bought it from somewhere else.

Am I missing something?
What in the world are you talking about? If a dealer takes a physical check from a customer to "hold" for a given car when it arrives (i.e. when they get their allocation for that car), it is "their car" to purchase. There may not be a contract (I would have made sure I had a written contract) but there sure as hell is "an agreement" between the purchaser and the dealer.

Yes, you are missing quite a bit.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:11 PM
CyE55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
What in the world are you talking about? If a dealer takes a physical check from a customer to "hold" for a given car when it arrives (i.e. when they get their allocation for that car), it is "their car" to purchase. There may not be a contract (I would have made sure I had a written contract) but there sure as hell is "an agreement" between the purchaser and the dealer.

Yes, you are missing quite a bit.
When I ordered my car, I went in the dealership and ordered the exact options I wanted, then waited for it to get here, they called me and I went and picked up the car with the exact options, and paid MSRP.

I don't think I've heard any of these people say that they actually ordered the car, what I've seen is that they have put down a deposit waiting for their turn to come to order their car, but they haven't actually ordered the car.

I don't think I'm missing as much as you think smart ***.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Not all Porsche dealers are bad. Ray Catena Porsche in NJ has sold all there GT3 and GT3RS for MSRP. i was offered a GT3 with a Sept. build for MSRP. After spending the last 6 weeks with vipertestarossa and the lambo boys, i know what my next car will be. Lambo's kick the crap out of Porsche and Ferrari on the street. IMO

Old 07-10-2007, 08:05 PM
ylshih is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CyE55
I don't think I've heard any of these people say that they actually ordered the car, what I've seen is that they have put down a deposit waiting for their turn to come to order their car, but they haven't actually ordered the car.
I wonder about this too. My dealer got 3 RS allocations and I know the "top of the list" customers were all contacted as soon as the allocations were made, these customers were all told they had an order spot, they were asked to come in and spec the car and increase their deposits and the cars were all delivered for MSRP.

But there were certainly more people who had a deposit submitted and *hoped* they would get a chance to buy one. After my dealer delivered the 3 customer RS's, they recently had an RS on the floor at over MSRP. Where this car came from, I don't know; but it was NOT an allocation car, I know they were all delivered. But a customer on the waiting list who didn't know the details and thought they were next in line, might well have felt they got screwed when they saw the car.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ylshih
I wonder about this too. My dealer got 3 RS allocations and I know the "top of the list" customers were all contacted as soon as the allocations were made, these customers were all told they had an order spot, they were asked to come in and spec the car and increase their deposits and the cars were all delivered for MSRP.

But there were certainly more people who had a deposit submitted and *hoped* they would get a chance to buy one. After my dealer delivered the 3 customer RS's, they recently had an RS on the floor at over MSRP. Where this car came from, I don't know; but it was NOT an allocation car, I know they were all delivered. But a customer on the waiting list who didn't know the details and thought they were next in line, might well have felt they got screwed when they saw the car.

Yin,

It was an additional allocation car, as is the next one they are getting. After the first three customers, they decided that they were going to join the fray and and sell at market. So those with deposits after the initial 3 never got their cars, or a chance to order their cars, even though they had a place on the list. Sucks doesn't it!

Also, if it weren't for someone with a modicum of influence and capable of making a great deal of noise, some of the first 3 may not have gotten their car at MSRP either.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
RS 197 is infamous around these partsRS 197 is infamous around these parts
This is all BS. Car dealers are car dealers. I am not sure why some of you guys are standing up for the scum bags.

When you call your local dealer and ask to be put on the list for an RS. They tell you you are #2 and they are expecting at leasts 2 cars. You send them money you have a deal. Unless the scum bag car dealer gets greedy. Then you are not on the list, or the car that was for you came from another list. or another dealer. Or sell the car to a freind buy it back and ask over MSRP to cover there ***...... can you say Scum bags........ All the same, Saturn to Bently..... They all started selling cars, the goal.... Bend you over, hold the gross........

All you great customers that are standing up for you dealership, why don't you call them and ask them how much "back end" money they made off your last lease deal, or that, you can't beat " Porsche Credit" interest rates. They lie to you at every level. As they collect the check for jacking your intrest rate.

Car dealers have huge ego's they will do what they want when they want with there inventory.

I wonder what they would do if your Attorney sent over the purchase and sale agreement. I bet they would have sold you the car at MSRP just like they promised you.

Thank God for boards like this. Maybe some good will come out of all this venting. Dealers have to take notice. The competition at the Porsche level is huge and the customer base is few. The Scum bags will feel the pain when people stop buying. I love it.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Joe post some pics of your cars. I would love to see them.

Aloha

Byron

Old 07-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Joe post some pics of your cars. I would love to see them.

Aloha

Byron
I can't get picture to post. Some error. Here is a thread over at Rennlist.

Thanks for asking.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=343449

Old 07-10-2007, 08:43 PM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jimbo
A dealership is a place of business. Sometimes you get deals, sometimes you do not. They are there to make money, as are the rest of us doing our normal professions... So what is wrong with a dealer selling the car for above MSRP? Supply and demand is the first thing that comes into my head. But, as stated, a LUXURY, is something that is NOT a necessity. Meaning, there is a market for it, and it can be had by many, but sold to few who want to pay the premium.

Let's not turn this thread into a giant playground fight, and simply state your points, and keep attacks on others out of it (take it to PM if you so choose).
bottom line is, if anyone person feels he/she has been wronged by a dealer ( regardless of what caliber vehicle ) than the individual should take their business elsewhere..and you are right.. any business can charge whatever they want for their product that what freedom is all about.. in the end we have to ask ourselves what is most important to us..principal or the product?

Old 07-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speednme
bottom line is, if anyone person feels he/she has been wronged by a dealer ( regardless of what caliber vehicle ) than the individual should take their business elsewhere..and you are right.. any business can charge whatever they want for their product that what freedom is all about.. in the end we have to ask ourselves what is most important to us..principal or the product?
Nicely said.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Joe awesome collection and thanks. Now back to the business at hand.

Aloha

Byron

Old 07-10-2007, 09:09 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RS 197
I can't get picture to post. Some error. Here is a thread over at Rennlist.

Thanks for asking.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=343449
I don't know anybody with a better collection of Porsches. Thanks for the pics.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
I don't know anybody with a better collection of Porsches. Thanks for the pics.
Thanks,
No Kids.
I would be a drunk, cheating bastard without them......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another RS for Sale thread closed?