Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Another RS for Sale thread closed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RS 197
Thanks,
No Kids.
I would be a drunk, cheating bastard without them......
lol.
I helped a friend prepare his 73 RS #376 (Viper Green) for the Porsche Parade concours in SD. He received 2nd place in the top only category for street modified cars. I am getting the aircooled itch, especially with all of this BS dealer talk.

(Pic does not reflect the real color of the car)

Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
RS 197 is infamous around these partsRS 197 is infamous around these parts
I have met that guy at the R gruppe event. Nice car, Great guy.

Air cooled is where it is at. You shold come by and drive one of the late model RS cars. they will blow your mind. Early cars on steroids. Way more fun than the waterboilers.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Joe start a thread on your cars. We can help post the pics.

Aloha

Byron

Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 PM
CyE55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
lol.
I helped a friend prepare his 73 RS #376 (Viper Green) for the Porsche Parade concours in SD. He received 2nd place in the top only category for street modified cars. I am getting the aircooled itch, especially with all of this BS dealer talk.

(Pic does not reflect the real color of the car)
Now there's a car that if you could buy at MSRP it would be a deal. Is the dealer allowed to sell that one for over MSRP if he buys it or has it on consignment?

Or is it OK for the owner to sell it at over MSRP but only private party?

Old 07-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Apples and Oranges.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
These dealer/market bashing threads have become increasingly silly. Lets get something straight about waiting lists, deposits, and open ended buyers orders. THEY MEAN NOTHING!!!!! What kind of fool believes that putting their name on a list entitles them to anything. Or better yet, leaving a deposit for the chance at buying something on an open ended buyers order. You just gave the dealer a no interest loan. Unless you have a VIN number and an agreed upon price on that order you might as well use it as toilet paper.

For the fools that always chime in with litigation comments, grow up!!! Business is not done in this day and age with hand shakes and someones word. As can be seen many times on this forum alone.

Unless you are a customer that SUPPORTS your local dealer, by this I mean, buys more than just one hot model and refers business, than you might as well get in line with the rest of the humps trying to buy the next greatest thing.

I truly think it is a shame to see 10-15% of the GT3RS build is for sale at any given time. Either the car is not really that great or the chance of making a few bucks far outweighs the potential enjoyment.

Porsche will never have the nuggets to pull a stunt like Ferrari did with the F50. So until that day happens may the biggest check book win!!!

Craig

Last edited by Y65MPH; 07-10-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Y65 nice post but most of the allocations were honored and meant something so you are wrong. I think the problem has been communication with the customers. Customers were not told how many allocations were available and who was out on the street without one. If this was done earlier then problems would have been minimal.

Aloha

Byron

Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Y65 nice post but most of the allocations were honored and meant something so you are wrong.
You missed my point. I was speaking to those who feel dealers have an obligation to walk-in's who throw their name on a list. Those who recieved their cars in a professional manner (which are most), good for them.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Y65 sorry I was speed reading your post.

Aloha

Byron

Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 PM
ylshih is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cnc
It was an additional allocation car, as is the next one they are getting. After the first three customers, they decided that they were going to join the fray and and sell at market. So those with deposits after the initial 3 never got their cars, or a chance to order their cars, even though they had a place on the list. Sucks doesn't it!
Yes, I'm sorry to hear that. That does suck!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 AM
fcracer is infamous around these partsfcracer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rr4
US/CDN$ disparity is the cause of this problem.
We may be the source of some problems in your country, but I don't think Porsche price inflation is one of them! Indeed, we have our own beef with PCNA in that the dealers are making it tough to get warranty work done on a USA car brought into Canada.

In some ways, I see the dealer's point, they need to put their customers before the guys who bought cars from other places. On the flip side, as a paying customer of the service department, we're all customers and should be treated equally.

The whole US car being warrantied in Canada is currently hit and miss and probably down to your personal relationship with the dealer and your attitude, neither of which should play a role in a well run company that respects their customers.

My family have run small businesses for 27 years and we've found that the best way to show your displeasure with a company is to take your money elsewhere. If I had put a deposit on an RS and found out the dealer pulled the rug from under me to make a few dollars, I would simply take my money into a Lotus dealer and try out another brand. Life is short, I'm not willing to put up with this kind of nonsese, not even for a beloved Porsche.

ps, I bought my GT3 in Canada and paid the US$25k premium

Last edited by fcracer; 07-11-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
RS 197/Joe -

You gave me a GREAT idea - next time I go buy a new car, I will take my attorney with me. He also happens to be my tax advisor, too. You are absolutely right about the money they make on the trade-ins and back end. Criminal... I almost always re-fi my car with my credit union within a day or two. On my 997S, my payment went from $1882/mo w/Porsche Credit to $1610/mo (same term) w/my credit union.

It really is unfortunate that dealers are unwilling to honor verbal agreements - get everything in writing and you'll have some ammunition in court.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Just a thought but if all dealers sold their RSs at MSRP I bet there would a ****load of them at 50 over on ebay. Out of the pan and into the fire. Flippers snap them up and the true enthusiast gets porked and the 50K over cars become garage queens. My dealer could have got a lot more over than he asked(not from me though, and it was not too painfull at all) but I'm sure they took into consideration that we(BobK and I) were repeat buyers and also REAL Porsche guys who will track their cars.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Joe start a thread on your cars. We can help post the pics.

Aloha

Byron
I would also love for him to start a thread on his collection

Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mussel Kar
Just a thought but if all dealers sold their RSs at MSRP I bet there would a ****load of them at 50 over on ebay. Out of the pan and into the fire. Flippers snap them up and the true enthusiast gets porked and the 50K over cars become garage queens. My dealer could have got a lot more over than he asked(not from me though, and it was not too painfull at all) but I'm sure they took into consideration that we(BobK and I) were repeat buyers and also REAL Porsche guys who will track their cars.
Well I think with some special Ferrari's, the dealeship writes up a contract in which if you decide to sell, you have to sell it back to the dealership. If this is true, I have no problem with doing that as long as I get at least MSRP back when it does come time to sell, considering the car is hot to begin with!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another RS for Sale thread closed?