Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Another RS for Sale thread closed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Another RS for Sale thread closed?

Why is our right to talk about this being taken away? do we live in eastern Europe or China?

I dont understand why it even matters if its Richs allocation or not. Technically it probably isnt. They sold it to another dealer. Thats the BIG problem here-cant you guys see that?

Dealer A has Joes Deposit. MMC has Richs Deposit. MMC sells Richs car to Dealer D for $20K over. MMC buys Joe allocation from Dealer A. MMC sells Dealers A's car (Joes) for $75K over to whomever. Rich and Joe are SCREWED.
The dealers all make a quick buck and ARTIFICIALLY drive up the market. If they WERENT we would be seeing independent people selling these RS's Not MMC with several over their stated allocation. There are dealers all over the country with cars on the lot for $75K over. How did that happen?
Now MMC cant get Rich a allocation but they have no problem getting him one for $210K!!!
Technically they are telling the truth when they say its not Richs Allocation
but its still a slime ball deal all over the US not just MMC- My dealer on the west coast has 2 RS sitting on the lot for $180K- RPM sports cars had 2 sitting on the lot- how do dealers have cars whilst customers have unfilled deposits?

Old 07-10-2007, 09:20 AM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
That thread had run it's course with what information we have. DJ's rationale is spot on IMO:

"Until Rich or MMC can prove or dis-prove what is being said here there is no reason to continue this bash-fest guys, thread close till someone can PM proof that Rich or Steve has been wronged, until then get out and drive your cars and have fun."

Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I agree with OldGuy, how hard is it to simply make the statement to your customer that due to huge (unforeseen ) demand for the car they would not be serving their own interests by selling the car at MSRP. We are sorry we took your deposit and our unable to fulfill our origianl agreement but as a for profit business we simply cannot sell the car at MSRP.

They are playing both sides of court here, line up some deposits at MSRP so if the car is not that popular we can get rid of them and dealer trading or engaging in other shenanigans to avoid fulfilling those initial promises and selling them at a markup.

I assume they know exactly what they are doing and that they have done as much in the past. I personally know the local dealer has sold cars to individuals specifically to repurchase them and mark them up. They don't get any sympathy from me and all the negative comments directed at them are well deserved and part of the cost of their marketing plan.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
PCNA should not allow this crap to happen.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
This is exactly what I've been trying to proclaim. Maybe we should all get together and file a petition to PCNA. Dealerships are not only charging ridiculous amounts over MSRP, but they are also losing customers, loyal ones at that. I'm pretty sure PCNA wouldn't approve of that!
-Justin

Last edited by Monaco; 07-10-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I agree 10000000%........ the thread was starting to turn into a flame war b/w members which was quite counter productive from the originators intent I am sure.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:30 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I dont see how generating 10 pages in 2 days is having the thread run its course. Seems like we have alot still to say about it.-My point was new anyway about dealers trading allocations and marking them up and patting each other on the back.

05997S brought up another point customers who didnt really want the car profiting off the die hards in concert with the dealers-in my humble opinion also not ethical.

if the thread had run its course people would have stopped posting. It doesnt have to be censured.

DJ we need to not pic on each other and stay on point

Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old guy I agree with you, really I do but the thread turned to the dark side with members starting to gang up on each other, maybe this thread can stay on topic and not a flame war, that would be nice.

If we can keep this thread on your topic of the non sense that is going on with these "special" cars that is great but the last started as a battle b/w Rich and a dealer and neither were stepping up to prove that the other was wrong and in the meantime, well you saw what happened.....

Old 07-10-2007, 09:43 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Let's face it guys, car sales (Porsche dealerships in particular) are not what they used to be. (With very few exceptions). I remember going to the Porsche dealer with my father as a kid. The guys there were knowledgeable about their product and drove Porsches themselves. They cared about creating lasting relationships with their clients and the client left there feeling good about their transaction. They were true enthusiasts. I would see them at the track and events enjoying their cars. Nowadays, it seems you can throw a monkey behind a computer, give it a phone, tell it to sell for X amount over what it should be going for and you are in business. Porsches were never sold for over sticker then. I am completely familiar with how supply and demand works, however, when you have people that are not true enthusiasts getting their hands on a car "just" to make a profit, and you have the true enthusiast who is planning on keeping it, puts down a deposit and does not get the car, it makes you wonder. I have owned Porsches for 13 years and have seen things changing. Nowadays, you can't go into a dealer without having an arrogant clueless individual ask you if need help with anything. It is pretty sad, really.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Legally PCNA cannot tell the dealers what to charge and manipulating allocation or engaing in other sanctions against a dealer as an enforcement tool would be a breach as well.

It'd be nice if they could. I think someone or preferably multiple someone's are going to have to file suit and demand performance in these situations in order to compel dealers (not just Porsche for that matter) to honor the purchase agreement or stop contracting to begin with.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
All this **** would stop if those out there that have more money than brains stop paying these ridiculous prices for these cars. They rank right up there with the dipsh!ts that paid $15-30K over for a C6Z06. No, I am not comparing a Z06 to a GT3RS. I am saying.... use your head, people.

Granted these cars are hot hot hot but $200K+ for a souped up 911 Porsche with a big wing on the back? Puhleaaaaaseeee!!!

Last edited by amerlemans; 07-10-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Let's face it guys, car sales (Porsche dealerships in particular) are not what they used to be. (With very few exceptions). I remember going to the Porsche dealer with my father as a kid. The guys there were knowledgeable about their product and drove Porsches themselves. They cared about creating lasting relationships with their clients and the client left there feeling good about their transaction. They were true enthusiasts. I would see them at the track and events enjoying their cars. Nowadays, it seems you can throw a monkey behind a computer, give it a phone, tell it to sell for X amount over what it should be going for and you are in business. Porsches were never sold for over sticker then. I am completely familiar with how supply and demand works, however, when you have people that are not true enthusiasts getting their hands on a car "just" to make a profit, and you have the true enthusiast who is planning on keeping it, puts down a deposit and does not get the car, it makes you wonder. I have owned Porsches for 13 years and have seen things changing. Nowadays, you can't go into a dealer without having an arrogant clueless individual ask you if need help with anything. It is pretty sad, really.

Well stated

Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I think it's about time you got a good lawyer.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 AM
SD1
Nowadays, you can't go into a dealer without having an arrogant clueless individual ask you if need help with anything. It is pretty sad, really.
I agree and thats to bad. I had yet to buy a modern Porsche and went by the local dealer pretty frequently for the past 3-4 years and twice offered to or at least engaged in some negotiation to buy cars, and both times came away empty handed. It sure as hell wasn't because I did not want to buy the car.

Whats worse is after going back after the last failed attempt, the salesman basically said that since I felt I couldn't put together a deal with them I should stop coming by....

We are not talking about a heated negotiation, simply being to far apart on a trade and them offering 2k off on a new 911 in stock when I was looking for 3500. Good times.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
oh,...... your one of those. time robbers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another RS for Sale thread closed?