Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

help with my gt3 options...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 01:05 PM
seung is infamous around these parts
help with my gt3 options...

i'm sorry, i'm making another "help me with options" thread...

i finally decided to pull the trigger,
in the process of choosing all the options...
if you guys can give me any input
i'd be greatly appreciated.

a1 black
78 full leather
m6a black mats
450 pccb
p74 bi- xenon
xxz foot rest aluminum

i just want to have everything basic,
except a few like foot rest and full leather.

but performance wise,
am i missing something?
is this "sports chrono" thing necessary to have in this car?
(with or without, gt3 already comes with "sport" button, right?)

thank you guys,
let me know.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I would say to add the chrono...and if you plan on tracking, then think if you want PCCBs or not...otherwise sounds pretty good!

Old 07-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
I would say to add the chrono...and if you plan on tracking, then think if you want PCCBs or not...otherwise sounds pretty good!
thank you sechsgang!

why do you think i should get chrono?
and do you mean chrono without pcm,
or with pcm?

Old 07-15-2007, 01:29 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I would say skip the sport chrono - does nothing on the GT3 but add the ugly wart.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:50 PM
frayed is infamous around these parts
Sport chrono in the GT3 adds no real functionality. The only car you should get it in, is the 997 TT for the overboost features.

Those options are what I picked, but I added:

- Door finishers in leather. The full leather package did not look complete w/o them IMO, as you end up with shiny black plastic surrounding the door handles. I think Porsche is 'forcing' this option, as a matte finish would have hidden the plastic and leather here would not have been necessary

- Fire extinguisher, but here in the US we get a small one under the drivers seat. Small and discrete. I would not get the huge one that I've seen in some of the euro cars.

- Wheels painted black. With this option the outer circumference is left silver. Looks sharp, and I don't normally like black wheels.

Good luck. Let us know what you settle on.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Oh forgot, I got yellow belts as well. Nice contrast in the otherwise all black cabin and matches the yellow pccbs.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:56 PM
AzGT3 is infamous around these parts
I did stiching on my full leather (seat,dash doors) and most people includeing me like

Old 07-15-2007, 02:05 PM
thank you so much guys
even though this is 47248524th "help me with options" thread.

faxing the options i want to the dealer the first thing monday moring-
already left the deposit,
supposedly i'm #2 of 2 allocations the dealer got for '08,
if they are not bs' ing me i might just be able to pull this off...
i'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Old 07-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
I have the CF console which looks pretty good and it helps me get around the track 0.5 secs faster.

Sport chrono - WORTHLESS!!

Old 07-15-2007, 05:00 PM
mxdave74 is infamous around these parts
I was loaned a Cayman with the Chrono pkg in it while my car was in for svc the other day.... seems like a nice way keep track of lap times on track days. Simply get it running as you roll onto the track and flick the lever as you cross start/finish each lap. Voila you have times laps any time you want. There were other functions of the Chrono pkg that displayed and could be controlled via PCM, but I didn't look into what they were.

Not sure how much the Chrono adds, or why others think it's a waste, but I'd probably rather use this than mount a transponder in my car and shell out for a hot lap system.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:15 PM
IMO, sport chrono is a crappy substitute for a real lap timer, as it requires driver intervention and will not be terribly accurate.

If lap times are that important to you, I'd put the sport chrono money into a proper lap timer. If you are curious about tracking your progress a cheap timex with chrono function is a good choice.

And it adds a ridiculous pimple on the dashboard that cannot be read (at least by me).

I had it on my 997S, and didn't order it in my GT3.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Sport Chrono is a must, i think the dash looks boring without it. Its another nice gadget to have and is not to expensive. But i would say get it the sport chrono plus and get the nav. Full leather is a must too.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:32 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
Sport Chrono is a must, i think the dash looks boring without it. Its another nice gadget to have and is not to expensive. But i would say get it the sport chrono plus and get the nav. Full leather is a must too.
What are ya doing? Optioning out a Lexus? Just kidding
Yes, full leather is a must, the extra alcantara bits are fantastic.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:11 AM
mxdave74 is infamous around these parts
That's just it... for those where lap times aren't super important and yet attend track days, the Chrono pkg. seems pretty slick.

Pimple on the dash is subjective... I think it's a nice looking chrono, even if it's only in use when fooling around.... and no, you are not likely to read the dial while scooting around the track (any more than you would your hot lap). If you just have to, the Chrono tie in to the PCM display is a far better glance for time display.

I say order it... it's a trick bit of kit.

Originally Posted by frayed

If lap times are that important to you, I'd put the sport chrono money into a proper lap timer. If you are curious about tracking your progress a cheap timex with chrono function is a good choice.

And it adds a ridiculous pimple on the dashboard that cannot be read (at least by me).

I had it on my 997S, and didn't order it in my GT3.

Last edited by mxdave74; 07-16-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gmoney
What are ya doing? Optioning out a Lexus? Just kidding
Yes, full leather is a must, the extra alcantara bits are fantastic.
LOL! That's what I love about this car, it's going to be my daily driver and occasional track toy. It's a hardcore sports car, yet, still can have luxury features! What else comes close?

With the full leather besides the extra alcantera, the leather dash, and leather on the top of the doors and stitching around the center console is so much nicer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help with my gt3 options...