Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3/GT3RS Programming & Exhausts !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:41 AM
FVD-USA is infamous around these parts
997 GT3/GT3RS Programming & Exhausts !

FVD-Brombacher is proud to introduce our new flash load ECU upgrade, making do-it-yourself at home ECU tuning for all late model Porsche vehicles a reality. In conjunction with our Flash load programming roll out, FVD has 997 GT3 & GT3 RS Flash Load programming for $1,595. Our Windows® based software is a simple, computer guided experience that requires hardly any user input and little more than a computer with an internet connection. Our program allows users to input performance upgrades already installed on the vehicle which enables FVD-Brombacher to custom tune a program to suit individual requirements. Whether your vehicle is completely stock or heavily modified FVD-Brombacher has a program for you! FVD-Brombacher’s flash load software also allows customers the ability to flash their ECU back to stock anytime using the same software and supplied cable. FVD-Brombacher also offers program update incentives should the customer decide to step up performance with one of our level kit options. Level kits are companion parts designed to work seamlessly in concert with our tuning software to maximize your Porsche’s performance. Contact FVD-Brombacher for further information regarding our programming or any of our vehicle specific level kit options and find out why more and more enthusiasts choose to put our passion into their Porsche!

FVD Level 1 Tuning:
Max. Power - 314kW (427HP) @ 7500rpm
Max. Torque - 420Nm (310lb ft) @ 5500rpm
Max. Speed - 315km/h
Max. RPM - 8700rpm

Acceleration 0-100km/h - 4.1s

997 GT3/LEVEL 1 Tuning

FVD also offers two exhausts for the 997 GT3! Our exhaust systems gives the 997 GT3 a more pronounced, aggressive sound similar to the 997 GT3 Cup Car with much more of a growl. This exhaust is much less restrictive than the factory version which produces more power and a great sound!
Our Performance exhaust with side mufflers and center collector features:
  • High Quality T316 Stainless Steel Construction (Increased corosion prevention over T304).
  • Highly effecient German Tri Metal 200 Cell Catalytics which flow like 100 Cell
  • Utilizes exhaust valves so your sport button works like factory with much more sound!!
  • The Muffler will not crack due to the extreme high heat due to our advanced mesh integration.
  • This System Weighs 42lbs and is one complete unit. The headers are welded to the cats to allow for the perfect backpressure to produce good torque down low. This system produces 20HP and 20 lb. ft of torque (with an FVD software upgrade).
  • Reuses Factory tips or any other aftermarket tips that fit on the stock exhaust

PRICED AT $8,974 USD

997 GT3 Level 2 Tuning

With Performance Exhaust set up

Our "Race" exhaust features side muffler bypass and flows directly into the end collector. This exhaust is side muffler delete offering a further reduction in weight, nearly 16 lbs compared to our performance system and incredible sound. The system features:
  • High Quality T316 Stainless Steel Construction (Increased corrosion prevention over T304).
  • Highly efficient German Tri Metal 200 Cell Catalytics which flow like 100 Cell
  • This System Weighs 26lbs and is one complete unit. The headers are welded to the cats to allow for the perfect backpressure to produce -good torque down low. This system produces 25HP and 25 lb. ft of torque (with an FVD software upgrade).
  • Reuses Factory tips or any other aftermarket tips that fit on the stock exhaust.

Priced at $4,995 USD.

Last edited by FVD-USA; 07-31-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
rr4
rr4 is infamous around these parts
Any sound clips?

Old 07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by rr4
Any sound clips?
We should have both the performance and race exhaust soundclips available by the 8th of august.

Thanks for your interest we will keep you posted.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
so now we have for 997 gt3 / rs

exhaust : fvd, fabspeed, cargraphic, awe tuning, gmg
intake : k&n , bmc , fabspeed (using bmc)
chip : fvd, revo technik, giac
suspension : cargraphic (using biltein unknown shocks, maybe motorsports MDS)

Last edited by jiaim; 07-31-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Should have video and sound clips for our "race" version exhaust as early as monday 8/06/07-we will post as soon as available. No disrespect to anyone, but to the best of my knowledge, GIAC is still developing their 997 GT3 program and I think REVO's software has to be performed at one of their dealers. Ours can be flash loaded at home using your computer.Mearly an observation from a casual observer and my 2 cents worth.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:19 PM
GT3 Race exhaust installed

Before and after pics of FVD’s 997 GT3 race exhaust system. Our exhaust system is side muffler delete for a further reduction in weight (our system weighs only 26lbs) and offers the enthusiast true cup car sound! Made of T316 stainless steel and features 200 cell tri metal cats for reduced back pressure and enhanced low end torque without the check engine light. Look for exhaust sound clips and dyno pull results to be posted this week. This exhaust is not a prototype or in final development, it is available right now for $4,995 USD!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey guys just want to say hello. I'm new to 6speed. I've been following the forum for a couple of months but I finally got my 997 GT3. It is at Champion Motorsports getting pumped up. As I reviewed this thread by FVD well there is my yellow GT3 and my new headers. What a surprise this was. The car dyno'ed stock at 360 rwHP. We'll see what the final numbers are after the mods. It is also getting the single mass flywheel ( RS), the RS wing and decklid and all the suspension hardware from the GT3 Cup car. There are also multiple exterior CF pieces. The wheels had been changed for HRE's 890R with titanium rivots ( extremely light ) but the pictures sent most reply that they hated them. I guess people rather have 31.7 lbs. (rears ) wheels. A set of Dymags (CF) wheels are in order for the track. Will keep follow up as to the progress of the project. I'm impressed with FVD quality and the people and work done at Champion Motorsports.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey guys just want to say hello. I'm new to 6speed. I've been following the forum for a couple of months but I finally got my 997 GT3. It is at Champion Motorsports getting pumped up. As I reviewed this thread by FVD well there is my yellow GT3 and my new headers. What a surprise this was. The car dyno'ed stock at 360 rwHP. We'll see what the final numbers are after the mods. It is also getting the single mass flywheel ( RS), the RS wing and decklid and all the suspension hardware from the GT3 Cup car. There are also multiple exterior CF pieces. The wheels had been changed for HRE's 890R with titanium rivots ( extremely light ) but the pictures sent most reply that they hated them. I guess people rather have 31.7 lbs. (rears ) wheels. A set of Dymags (CF) wheels are in order for the track. Will keep follow up as to the progress of the project. I'm impressed with FVD quality and the people and work done at Champion Motorsports.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:50 AM
GT3RennSport is infamous around these parts
Hp gains with the race exhaust?

Old 08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
We hope to have a dyno sheet on this exhaust by the end of the week. The work is being perfromed in conjunction in Champion Motorsport here in Pompano Beach FL, who has been gracious enough to allow us to partner with them during the install process. As GT3Ranger posted prev., the vehicle is still currently undergoing more upgrades and as soon as Champion Motorsport is finished we hope to obtain dyno sheets, sound clips and video. Our thanks to the entire team at Champion Motorsport!

Old 08-07-2007, 12:04 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting, this system is completely opposite of the GMG system where they replace only the center muffler.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
how can the obstructed top entry of center muffler influes on performance? on the cargraphic #5, the two entries gets a connected pipe to the cat.
the unmounted fvd exhaust pictured has those two pipes.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Observant- This is a newer version, different than what was pictured. "Capping" the end collector does not led to a decrease in perfromance, however the sound is changed.
On the factory exhaust the exhaust flaps are controlled by the ECU depending on engine load and engine speed. The flaps open to allow exhaust to bypass the side mufflers (or front silencers) and dump directly into the center collector. The flaps, which are closed when the engine is started, open as more power is required. The second passage into the center collector is for when the valves are closed. When the valves are closed are closed, the collector dump is bypassed, exhaust is directed into the front silencers, then back into the center collector. With the removal of the front silencers and the valves that control this switching, one entrance is all that is necessary into the center collector.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Weight compared to OEM 997 GT3 Exhaust
OEM Sytem
Header=11 lbs each (22lbs)
Primary muffler=22lbs each (44Lbs)
=66 lbs total

FVD race 997 GT3 Exhaust system
Header with cat=12 lbs each (24lbs)
connector pipe to center collector and hardware= 1.5 lbs each (3 lbs)
=27 lbs total

Total weight savings of 39 lbs over OEM System

Old 08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
As promised, finally, here is a video of our 997 GT3 Race Exhaust System.

Thank you to all who participated in this matter and our special thanks to GT3Ranger for all his cooperation.

http://multimedia.fvd-web.com/FVD111...11199750RS.wmv

Last edited by FVD-USA; 08-15-2007 at 09:33 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3/GT3RS Programming & Exhausts !