Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997GT3 TPMS Is Wacked!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:11 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
997GT3 TPMS Is Wacked!

My Tire Pressure Monitor System is going nuts all of the sudden. Warning light on telling me to add air when indicator and my Longacre gauge shows exactly 29/33 psi.
I even add air and reset the system to learn ect.,ect... But the warning light keep coming back on.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Thunder is infamous around these parts
I've been told that TPMS is approx. 4 lbs. off, thus you would have to add +4 to each tire for the warning to go away. I would only use it if it indicated a sudden change in pressure, but not as an absolute.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
My Tire Pressure Monitor System is going nuts all of the sudden. Warning light on telling me to add air when indicator and my Longacre gauge shows exactly 29/33 psi.
I even add air and reset the system to learn ect.,ect... But the warning light keep coming back on.
Mine is doing the same thing. I reset it and it tells me a different tire is low, definetely screwed up. My Longacre shows perfect pressures.
When i bring it in for the break in oil change I'll have them check it.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned
smdteefpuler is infamous around these parts
mine was doing the same thing the other night, How do you reset the system?

Old 08-02-2007, 01:24 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Disable it. It is a useless option when tracking a car as your cold pressures will be much lower than the limit the monitoring system looks for. I had no idea they offered that option for 997 GT3's...hmmm

Old 08-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rockitman
Disable it. It is a useless option when tracking a car as your cold pressures will be much lower than the limit the monitoring system looks for. I had no idea they offered that option for 997 GT3's...hmmm
It's not an option at least not in the US, it's standard.

You reset it by going into the TPMS section of the computer (using the stalk on the steering column) and toggle it until you see set pressures or something like that.

Re-setting just temporarily fixed mine.
When I re-started the car it told me a different tire was 6 lbs. low.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
YES IT SUCKS!

So does traction control and PASM!!!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:25 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Just spoke to the Master Tech at the dealer. Unfortunately this is a common problem in all 997 w/ TPMS . They can't shut it off due to Fed Regulation and there's no calibration device available either. Another word we f*ucked.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:26 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
There is one way around it.......

Old 08-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm sure but it ain't easy.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
You got that right! Rip out all of the electronics and install Motec engine management.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by grussell
You got that right! Rip out all of the electronics and install Motec engine management.

I had a feeling you're going there.

Just saw a 997Cup car that had M600 unit in it today at the track. The guy spent more time on his laptop tuning than actual driving.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds

I had a feeling you're going there.

Just saw a 997Cup car that had M600 unit in it today at the track. The guy spent more time on his laptop tuning than actual driving.
Seriously, I put in an AIM dash and now I can't see any of those nanny warnings. It helped a lot.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:05 PM
I like AIM. Which MXL unit did you get?

Old 08-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Pista pro just like the picture.

For the money it is great! I have the Motec in my Cup but it was 14k so way too much for the pratice car. I think the Pista was 3k and I am very happy with it. You can set all of your own alarms and shift lights.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997GT3 TPMS Is Wacked!