Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Slight OT: '97 Ruf CTR 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 09:29 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Slight OT: '97 Ruf CTR 2

What do you think this car is worth???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...474822758&rd=1

Last edited by rockitman; 04-21-2004 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Ruf $

Hey Rocket Man,

I think the car was originally owned by Steve Beddor and then David Tunkel of LA. if so,the car has some very hard miles on it. I know beddor rebuilds his Ruf CTR2 engine every 40 hours for example.That is the maintainence schedule for 100% track time. The Ruf CTR2 pictured is very fast,has a narrowed profile compared to the very wide body track cars. i may be curious enough to talk to the owner since Seal Beach is just around the corner from me. I believe I know the present owner. The history I have listed was provided by someone that knows a great deal about the car. I knew the previous owner also. Umm, this is probably something I would personally not pursue. To get you calibrated on Ruf CTR2 prices,the senior Beddor finally put his Ruf CTR2 Club Sport (8500 mi) up for sale with an "ask" exceeding $250K USD. OK?

rolandroth@mac.com

Old 04-22-2004, 03:11 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Roland, you and I have discussed this car before in detail.

This car is owned by Neil Oaken, who was the former General Manager of McKenna Motors.

The car previously had some problems, but its engine compartment was torn down and extensively refurbished by the top mechanic at McKenna Porsche.

BTW I owe you a call Roland! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you... I totally forgot last week as I was out of town.

Old 04-22-2004, 05:34 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ruf $

Thanks R,

The car just caught my attention and fancy. It looks so evil, like it's the ultimate Porsche from the dark side...I would love to add one to my collection some day.
Originally posted by Ruf-Racer
Hey Rocket Man,

I think the car was originally owned by Steve Beddor and then David Tunkel of LA. if so,the car has some very hard miles on it. I know beddor rebuilds his Ruf CTR2 engine every 40 hours for example.That is the maintainence schedule for 100% track time. The Ruf CTR2 pictured is very fast,has a narrowed profile compared to the very wide body track cars. i may be curious enough to talk to the owner since Seal Beach is just around the corner from me. I believe I know the present owner. The history I have listed was provided by someone that knows a great deal about the car. I knew the previous owner also. Umm, this is probably something I would personally not pursue. To get you calibrated on Ruf CTR2 prices,the senior Beddor finally put his Ruf CTR2 Club Sport (8500 mi) up for sale with an "ask" exceeding $250K USD. OK?

rolandroth@mac.com

Old 04-22-2004, 06:05 AM
por550dean is infamous around these parts
There has been a Ruf CTR2 in Dupont for about 4 months or so now. I believe they are asking $260k.

Old 04-22-2004, 11:33 PM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
i think i've seen this car for sale on either dupont or etc...1-2 yrs ago... at the time they were asking for 150G...

Old 04-23-2004, 12:20 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
stunning car!

Old 04-23-2004, 03:04 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Does anyone know how the EKS clutch works?

all the best
adam

Old 04-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Jet
Jet is infamous around these parts
I can't believe Neil is finally parting with that car. Guy doesn't even have time to drive it

Old 04-24-2004, 01:03 PM
turbo_freak is infamous around these parts
that car is sick, make him an offer, he doesn't need the $