Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

11-99 Foundation -- thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
It used to be like a $5K donation and lifetime membership but now its REALLY high and has continuous dues. Its out of my range. I have given hundreds to them in donations for the cause but I dont give enough for the plate or wallet.
I would like to have to frame to show I care. there is no substitution for the V1 for making sure I "pay" attention.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:33 PM
SrfCity is infamous around these parts
If the new 11-99 official policy was that you could no longer use the license plate frame and that showing your badge was considered bribery, what do you think would happen to their membership base?

Old 08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
dynwolf is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OldGuy
It used to be like a $5K donation and lifetime membership but now its REALLY high and has continuous dues. Its out of my range. I have given hundreds to them in donations for the cause but I dont give enough for the plate or wallet.
I would like to have to frame to show I care. there is no substitution for the V1 for making sure I "pay" attention.
As an 11-99 member, I'm a little curious as to where your information came from.

It "used" to be $1,500 for a lifetime membership.

There are now three levels, Bronze ($5,000), Silver ($15,000) and Gold ($25,000). There are no "annual" or "continuous" dues. That being said, if you believe in the foundation, as many members such as myself do, you will often donate more on an annual basis even though it's not a requirement.

To other people who have enquired, if your only reason to join is in the hopes that it "works", your money would be better spent elsewhere (as several other forum members have suggested) by buying a good radar detector and paying vigiliant attention to your surroundings at all times.

You could always donate six months of nights and weekends, get your P.O.S.T. certificate and get a "real" badge as a Reserve Officer. 'Course, you may find you'll be more attentive to the speed limit then too...

JM

P.S. My apologies for using the King's English... http://www.bartleby.com/61/37/E0153700.html

Last edited by dynwolf; 08-12-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:04 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I was just remembering off the top my head- I wasnt trying to be a spokesman for the California Highway Patrol. It just something we do on forums. A friend who is a 11/99 member told me months ago what the new membership requirements were. If one need EXACT information they could have used the many posts in this thread that pointed out the actual website(if they "inquire" not "enquire"). Whatever the case, my *opinion* was that its gone up an order of magnitude for membership dues.
So I continue to give at fairs or shows or whenever the CHP has a booth.
Thats whats cool about forums in this country-you can post just an opinion.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:28 AM
air-cooledjbj is infamous around these parts
Simply put....it works (most of the time).