Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Help Needed: Convert to Adpative Sports Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 07:40 AM
CorsicanBB is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Help Needed: Convert to Adpative Sports Seats

I am hoping someone will be able to help!

The standard sports seats on my 997GT3 do not provide the thigh and lumbar support that I need, according to my chiropractor. I tried changing doctors; but it did not help Still the same back problems and pain shooting down the right leg...

I asked the local Porsche Service Center if it was possible to retrofit the OEM Adaptive Sports Seat, for the driver only or both sides. They said no, because "there is no wiring". I have a feeling they are just being a bit lazy!

Seems to me that it is a simple enough install: take out the standard seat, add the new wiring system, add new adaptive seats. Done!

Did any of you guys do it? Can you confirm if it is possible?

Thanks!

Old 08-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=CorsicanBB]I am hoping someone will be able to help!

The standard sports seats on my 997GT3 do not provide the thigh and lumbar support that I need, according to my chiropractor. I tried changing doctors; but it did not help Still the same back problems and pain shooting down the right leg...

I asked the local Porsche Service Center if it was possible to retrofit the OEM Adaptive Sports Seat, for the driver only or both sides. They said no, because "there is no wiring". I have a feeling they are just being a bit lazy!

Seems to me that it is a simple enough install: take out the standard seat, add the new wiring system, add new adaptive seats. Done!

Did any of you guys do it? Can you confirm if it is possible?

There was a similar post a few months back with the same answer, a very expensive change. Changing wiring systems on modern computerized cars is not a cheap proposition, not to mention the cost of the seats which are very expensive when purchased after delivery.

How do you know the adaptive seat will solve your problem. If you have sciatic pain running down your leg a seat with lumbar and thigh adjustments will probably not eliminate it.

I have 2 herniated discs and had sciatic pain running down my legs on and off for years and it did not matter what seat I was in, none eliminated the pain.

I found that exercising every day and building the muscles in my core virtually eliminated my back pain. I have not had pain running down my legs in a few years and i attribute it to strengthening my core.

I'm not a Dr. and don't know your physical problem, just giving you my $ .02.