A few fast passes with my 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Jim Bacus is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up A few fast passes with my 997 GT3

A friend of mine filmed this for me...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...78320615&hl=en

Last edited by Jim Bacus; 08-05-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:08 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Thanks for sharing, god these GT3's sound amazing!

Old 08-06-2007, 12:44 AM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
was this today? (sunday)

my buddy was out there with wolf henzler doing some ride arounds....

Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by kingleh
was this today? (sunday)

my buddy was out there with wolf henzler doing some ride arounds....
It's a small world, I was out with Dominik Farnbacher and Wolf Henzler getting some driving instruction today as well...

Dominik on the left, and Wolf on the right.

Last edited by Jim Bacus; 08-06-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:16 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
seems like you got it backwards wolf on your left dominick on the right?

Old 08-06-2007, 06:32 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
very nice Jim!

Old 08-06-2007, 07:00 AM
mtalx is infamous around these parts
That is very cool!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
seems like you got it backwards wolf on your left dominick on the right?
It was just a mistake (I fixed it already), it was a late night post and I still had a buzz from a few beers going out to dinner with these gentlemen. Very nice guys! Dominik is on the Left in that picture, and Wolf is on the right. I let Wolf drive my GT3 and he took me for a ride I will never forget, unbelievable car control. I have never had anyone push me harder to drive in my car then with Dominik, he literally took seconds off my lap times!

Last edited by Jim Bacus; 08-06-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
cool...

yea... Dominik is my buddy...

Old 08-06-2007, 01:10 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Very nice, Wolf is my buddy . Glad to see a guy tracking his car.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:14 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
ah the sights and sounds...spectacular!

Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
when the right opportunity presents itself i will sell my turbo and buy a white 997 GT3....i love that NA wail

Old 08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Jim, would you mind sharing with us some of things they were working with you on?

Old 08-06-2007, 08:11 PM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kingleh
cool...
yea... Dominik is my buddy...
Hey Leh, how are you feeling?!?!?! Hope to see you out there racing again
soon.

My new cup car will be in next month, hope you can make it to one of the
Farnbacher-Loles track days at Road Atlanta to help me learn it.

(I owned Dominik's 2004 GT3 supercup car for two years but never driven a
997 GT3 cup)

Old 08-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by fortyounce
Jim, would you mind sharing with us some of things they were working with you on?
They showed me a few different lines around my home track which I have spent several years at, one made sense to me and one I need to work on a bit to feel comfortable with it.

Both showed me how to keep in a lower gear around several different sections, and to run a few places longer without shifting into 4th... (thanks Wolf) all to keep the revs higher. Dominik really stressed this in areas, he would just pound two fingers on the dash to get me into 2nd when it was needed (where I was used to 3rd). He is very enthusiastic, he pumped me up and it worked! I am using different shift points on the track now because of them. Wolf was also showing me how to brake even harder than I am used too.

Wolf showed me the limits of my GT3 like I have never experienced before, several times I was just laughing, I couldn't believe what the GT3 is capable of. It demonstrated and redefined what the limits of this car were to me, it definitely was an experience to see that.

I will get the opportunity to drive again with these gentlemen on the full circuit next Monday, I can hardly wait!

Last edited by Jim Bacus; 08-06-2007 at 11:34 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few fast passes with my 997 GT3