Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT Market??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bumble996
For those not in the know...Don's G is a MONSTER.
I am sure it is. Has the car been run on a 1/4 mile strip yet? What was the ET and MPH?

Is this his car?
http://www.lambopower.com/forum/inde...143&hl=heffner

Old 08-08-2007, 04:25 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
u haven't seen his car yet. it's ****ing high.

i thought it was higher.. on stilts?

oh yeah E dont know ****.. hahhahaa lol j/k

Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Don Relentless
you don't even have a gt2 nor ever had seat time in one. but youre right i was BSing my car is slower. ok.
The G TT is a sweet ride for sure...show and go. Heffner makes excellent quality kits. I'm not sure what part of the country you live in, but we go out and do runs all of the time, we'd love for you to bring the G out. I would love to see how my GT2 matches up against it. I have trapped as high as 137mph (in the AZ desert) and ran 60-130 in 6.4 seconds...it should be a good race.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:06 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
The G TT is a sweet ride for sure...show and go. Heffner makes excellent quality kits. I'm not sure what part of the country you live in, but we go out and do runs all of the time, we'd love for you to bring the G out. I would love to see how my GT2 matches up against it. I have trapped as high as 137mph (in the AZ desert) and ran 60-130 in 6.4 seconds...it should be a good race.
i was hoping youd show up...your car is a beast and a half...im sure if you brought your car out here to the east coast youd be well over 140 trap. and prob 9s.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:08 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i was hoping youd show up...your car is a beast and a half...im sure if you brought your car out here to the east coast youd be well over 140 trap. and prob 9s.
I'm planning on bringing the GT2 and my Dodge out there this fall. EVOMS picked up 7mph in their GT800, so who knows?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:09 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I'm planning on bringing the GT2 and my Dodge out there this fall. EVOMS picked up 7mph in their GT800, so who knows?
thats gonna be awesome...let me know when youre coming out...id love ot meet up and hang out and check out the car and watch you run.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
thats gonna be awesome...let me know when youre coming out...id love ot meet up and hang out and check out the car and watch you run.
For sure!! I think we'll be hitting Englishtown and ATCO.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:12 PM
For sure!! I think we'll be hitting Englishtown and ATCO.
awesome! any idea when youre heading out here? come in like late sept, early oct and get some nice cool air for those turbos.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Paul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura about
It's a GREAT car. Only caviat would be pushing the CGT to 10/10ths will require some driver skill. Shes really good until she gets twitchy/loose.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Paul N
It's a GREAT car. Only caviat would be pushing the CGT to 10/10ths will require some driver skill. Shes really good until she gets twitchy/loose.
Agreed!! After driving the CGT and GT2 on the track extensively, I have come to the conclusion that the shortcoming of the CGT on the track is the tires. Even though they are top quality tires, they are still street rubber. I run Toyo RA1s on the GT2 at the track and they stick like glue. With some Sport Cups, R compounds or Hoosiers, the CGT would become much more compliant.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Agreed!! After driving the CGT and GT2 on the track extensively, I have come to the conclusion that the shortcoming of the CGT on the track is the tires. Even though they are top quality tires, they are still street rubber. I run Toyo RA1s on the GT2 at the track and they stick like glue. With some Sport Cups, R compounds or Hoosiers, the CGT would become much more compliant.
i think someone said that within the alst day or two...they said walter rohl said the CGT would be even faster and better if it were on a set of MPSC's even.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts

would love to, i dont know where you live but it sounds to me like the east im on the west. it'd be a great race and im sure everyone would love to see the outcome including myself. i am acttually setting something up on an airfield with the help of Elim, but its in cali. would love for you to be there and your dodge. pm me your email.
not that this says much as its just a merci but here is video with a slimilar G to mine but seems to do the job. both cars are WOT. i have carillo rods on the way so i can up my boost safely from 9lbs to 12lbs should be a significant difference. i actually dwelled on the thought of having heff do the cgt but what for, we are talking about doing a quad turbo for a merci. should be neat.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=75Axreaw1k0

Last edited by Don Relentless; 08-08-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
CGT is a great car but about $80k over price now. Extremely fun at high speeds with the best placed gear shift in modern cars today. I agree if you don't just love it now than it"s not going to get better looking to you (not unlike woman). Driving the murci is like driving a sherman tank without the fun of the gun so this puts you in a dilema. Possibly 2 GT3 RS's will satisfy the soul. My money would be in the F430 now. The Ferrari is crazy fun in the 110-160mph range and handles better than all on the list except the CGT. $225k vs. $375k leaves room in the wallet to add a four car garage and still have money left for the woman that will flock to the F430.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
My money would be in the F430 now. The Ferrari is crazy fun in the 110-160mph range and handles better than all on the list except the CGT.
An F430 handles better than a 997 GT2?

Old 08-09-2007, 06:45 AM
YSS
YSS is infamous around these parts
in my books, the Carrera Gt is the most desirable car on the planet.
whihc they made them in RHD - i wouldnt hesitate.

NO BRAINER

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT Market??