Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT Market??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:46 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I am not denying the CGT is a great car. I love the car and would own one if they were $275-$300k. My point was if the guy didn't just love the way it looked now he never would. I think the GT2 is a good car. I have never driven an 08' but anybody who has spent anytime driving a GT2 knows that Turbo + Rear Wheel drive= only about 50 drivers in the world that can truly handle this car. Driving a Turbo powered car on a track is not as fun as a natural car because you spend half of your time hoping the Turbo's kick in at the right time. Take the turbo lag out of the picture and they haul *** without a doubt. The F430 is a great car at speed but most Ferrari owners don't drive them that way. The car is a good value at $225k and would make him happy. I would recommend that he finds friends with these cars and drives them on a track before buying if uncertain. He should buy the CGT but only if he likes the looks they are a great car. Cars are about driving but you have to want to look at it as well.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Dario your list is ocmposed of wonderful cars, bottom line CGT is a supercar i.e. Enzo the others all line up in the great sportscar catagory.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
i have driven many cars in the past, but the experience of the CGT is simply in another class!

Old 08-10-2007, 12:05 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
I'm about to close on an 07 LP-640 ... Anyone think they should talke me out of it?

Old 08-10-2007, 12:09 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
I'm about to close on an 07 LP-640 ... Anyone think they should talke me out of it?
Dario, do what feels right to you man. The LP640 is a great choice, I would only have one concern and that is rapage on depreciation 2 yrs from now...

If that is not a concern, then go with what floats your boat...there is no wrong answer in choosing your whip.

Last edited by RufMD; 08-10-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
DUDE! As long as I get a ride....you get whatever the hell you want!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:23 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Originally Posted by RufMD
Dario, do what feels right to you man. The LP640 is a great choice, I would only have one concern and that is rapage on depreciation 2 yrs from now...

If that is not a concern, then go with what floats your boat...there is no wrong answer in choosing your whip.
RUF ... Are you basing your depreciation on historic prices or on some info that the body style will change?

Old 08-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
pearl white lp640 with clear bonnet is hot. great choice. with a heffner GT40R quad turbos, it will be titled "Bugatti Killer".

Old 08-10-2007, 04:54 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
RUF ... Are you basing your depreciation on historic prices or on some info that the body style will change?
definitely historic prices only...That is a lock for sub 200k eventually, probably less likely that the CGT will end up there. Just my observation based on what the diablo, murcielago and murci roadsters have done so far.

Again though, its a fine line between concern about depreciation and perceived snobbery....in the end, buy what you like and what makes you happy. Life is short, buy the LP640 !

Old 08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I believe the Carrera GT will hit bottom pretty soon and actually begin to appreciate. The LP640 is only going down.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Old 08-11-2007, 08:36 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Too many I know have there Lambo's in the shop all the time. CGT is made Porsche and Runs Porsche. Been on lots of drives where one Lambo went home on a truck. Buy the CGT and don't lose money and Always have it start. Minor problems in Lambos are big Headaches. They tend to stop running for the craziest seems and you don't want to be stranded in a $300k car.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:35 AM
NBCGT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Too many I know have there Lambo's in the shop all the time. CGT is made Porsche and Runs Porsche. Been on lots of drives where one Lambo went home on a truck. Buy the CGT and don't lose money and Always have it start. Minor problems in Lambos are big Headaches. They tend to stop running for the craziest seems and you don't want to be stranded in a $300k car.
I agree, the CGT is a very tight car. I have over 8k on mine and have no trouble with it.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Baasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Marc
Dario your list is ocmposed of wonderful cars, bottom line CGT is a supercar i.e. Enzo the others all line up in the great sportscar catagory.
Are you kidding me? That is the most retarded statement on 6speed.

The ENZO is incomparable to the CGT. It's a porsche for crying out loud. A nice porsche, however it cannot be compared to the Enzo! The Enzo is a Supercar and so is the CGT. However, for an Enzo, you can get THREE, yes, THREE CGT's. That says a LOT. CGT sounds like $hit from the inside but sounds great outside. Whereas the Enzo sounds fantastic EVERYWHERE! There is a limit to you guys' pathetic comparisons. It's a PORSCHE. That's it! nothing more, nothing less. An ENZO>>CGT. Period!

Old 08-11-2007, 12:38 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
I am not denying the CGT is a great car. I love the car and would own one if they were $275-$300k. My point was if the guy didn't just love the way it looked now he never would. I think the GT2 is a good car. I have never driven an 08' but anybody who has spent anytime driving a GT2 knows that Turbo + Rear Wheel drive= only about 50 drivers in the world that can truly handle this car. Driving a Turbo powered car on a track is not as fun as a natural car because you spend half of your time hoping the Turbo's kick in at the right time. Take the turbo lag out of the picture and they haul *** without a doubt. The F430 is a great car at speed but most Ferrari owners don't drive them that way. The car is a good value at $225k and would make him happy. I would recommend that he finds friends with these cars and drives them on a track before buying if uncertain. He should buy the CGT but only if he likes the looks they are a great car. Cars are about driving but you have to want to look at it as well.

Well I guess it all depends on the track and what modifications are done to the GT2. Lwfw and tuning is essential for the turbo Porsches, my RUF almost feels and sounds na, when you keep it in the powerband there is instant power and throttle response on tap, not as much as my supercharged m3 but damn close!

Anyway the Gt2 IMO is overhyped a lot in the scary department, maybe I'm just use to these types if cars, but I can get a solid 8/10 out if the car on street tires, car just has so much grip! 997 GT2 will be a beast with those vtg's mark my word, even the 997 tt's lag or lack of shall I say impressed me.

Didn't mean to get off topic, but I guess in the end it depends on what you intend to use the car for, CGT is all that to me, natural progression on up for me, Lambos and Ferraris are gorgeous and sound great, but very few give me the driving experience I want out of a car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT Market??