Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Radiator Tragedy in the GT3!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:11 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Md11skipper
No, I did not take any pictures, the pictures from Daytonaviolet show clearly what the screens look like. Let me know if you have any questions on removing any of the parts for this job and I will describe the job to the best of my abilities.

That's interesting. When we were doing Daytonaviolet's car, I don't remember taking out the headlights.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:19 AM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
You don't have to take the headlights out but it will make the disconnect of the headlight washer supply hose on the left side a lot easier (I left the whole headlight washer system on the pumper). Removing those headlights is a 3 minute job and I liked the ability to adjust the pumper on installation for proper alignment without them in place. I took the fog lights out because this way I could disconnect the wires more easily and then remove the wiring harness from the pumper. When having just 2 hands available, it is important to make the job as easy as possible to avoid any damage or scratches

Old 03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Jgalt is infamous around these partsJgalt is infamous around these parts
Md11Skipper

I'm curious, why did you choose to glue instead of screws or plastic tie's?

I'm aware that on the racecars they are glued.

Do you have any concern with ease of repair should a larger object strike the screen?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:10 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Md11skipper
You don't have to take the headlights out but it will make the disconnect of the headlight washer supply hose on the left side a lot easier (I left the whole headlight washer system on the pumper). Removing those headlights is a 3 minute job and I liked the ability to adjust the pumper on installation for proper alignment without them in place. I took the fog lights out because this way I could disconnect the wires more easily and then remove the wiring harness from the pumper. When having just 2 hands available, it is important to make the job as easy as possible to avoid any damage or scratches
I agree. It will make it easier.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Everybody else here used glue and I did not want to drill holes into the inlets. Furthermore I did not want to bend my screens around the edge of the inlet due to concerns that the powder coating would come loose. My screens are quite sturdy not easy to bend and using screws would be a lot more difficult. I also wanted to give myself the option of deleting them in the future if I don't like them. The glue you don't see but screw holes you can't hide. Hope that answers your question.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:23 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
I have one, when you removed the headlights did you have to re set the light level, adjustments. I am going to pull out the wrenches this weekend so check on me I may post you a PM.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:10 AM
Not at all, the headlights will be in the same position after you mount them again, they will not change position at all.
Glad to help, I will attempt to check my PM's frequently though I am flying all over Europe for another 7 days, so be patient and take pictures with the questions you have.
Good luck!

Old 03-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
i used epoxy for mine. i also didnt want to drille any holes which would be visible. i would not worry about the epoxy as most of them can hold up to 2500lbs if the surface is clean, sanded down and the epoxy cures correctly

Old 03-06-2009, 07:47 AM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
i used epoxy for mine. i also didnt want to drille any holes which would be visible. i would not worry about the epoxy as most of them can hold up to 2500lbs if the surface is clean, sanded down and the epoxy cures correctly
I obviously do not have mine started. (this weekend is it) But I was under the impression that the screens were just sandwiched between the the bumper and the air duct, So you have to glue them in place too?

Old 03-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Jgalt is infamous around these partsJgalt is infamous around these parts
Or use screws and speed nuts or plastic tie's.I still haven't decided how to do mine.