Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Any photos of carbon fiber door sills? Light or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Any photos of carbon fiber door sills? Light or not?

Hi,

I need some quick advice on door sills. Do the light sills look any different from the non light carbon sills?

What are peoples thoughts on this?

I'm specing an October RS, I'm down to the last day to change the order.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:04 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/seattle_sun/

I have some pictures of my lighted carbon sill. The car came optioned this way- I'm not sure if I would have spent the extra money on the carbon sill. If you like the look, the lighted sills are pretty cool. A soft moonlike glow.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:42 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
the GT3 logo on the lighted sill is much smaller than the ones not lighted. i think the illuminated door sill idea belongs to luxury car certainly doesn't fit the GT3's personality well but to each of his own. that's just my personal opinion on the styling. however, i've seen both up close in person i can tell u the quality of the Porsche illuminated door sill is not very good compare to other brand like Mercedes etc. i've also seen a new RS with a cracked sill in the actually illuminated part.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
I agree with the above comment that the lighted version is not fitting to the GT3 or RS. I favor the regular version.

The question is, is the regular carbon sill better than nothing? The standard sill is a little cheap looking. It's $700 for the non light carbon sill. Plus, the logo is larger and better looking.

On the RS, it may tie in the carbon fiber rear spoiler better than nothing.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
bluehinder,
all depends if u're ordering other carbon fiber goodies for the interior. if the interior has no carbon i'd live with the standard sill. but even if u do the carbon e-brake & shifter then the carbon door sill would work fine.

for GT3 i really like the carbon door sill because the ''GT3'' logo just sized right. the logo on the RS carbon sill is a little too big for my taste. i have some pics in other computer i'll post them for u later. u'll know what i mean.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:55 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
The extended carbon package is very nice. Again, I wouldn't have optioned it that way, but I'm glad it came that way. Theres a nice carbon piece that wraps the inside windshield- understated, but catches your eye. If you get the smaller carbon package, think of the extended and the carbon sill for the complete package.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
The extended carbon package is very nice. Again, I wouldn't have optioned it that way, but I'm glad it came that way. Theres a nice carbon piece that wraps the inside windshield- understated, but catches your eye. If you get the smaller carbon package, think of the extended and the carbon sill for the complete package.
Sorry to go OT, but does anyone have a photo of the extended carbon package's carbon trim piece that 'wraps inside the windshield'? Is it that 2-3'' trim piece for the front defroster? TIA.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Its on my website that I put up on the previous post. Although, I'm a shi**y photographer!

Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Woodstairs is infamous around these parts
Old 08-15-2007, 02:03 PM
jonathan@millaracing is infamous around these parts
you can see them at the bottom
carbon with illuminated letters

Old 08-15-2007, 02:39 PM
u can compare both. the regular ''GT3'' writing will be at the same size as the ''GT3RS'' just without the RS.

Attached Images     
Old 08-15-2007, 04:05 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
I spec'd out the CF door sills backlit on my 08 GT3 - these are the first pics I've seen and I love it....thanks for posting Arling!

rick

Old 08-15-2007, 05:11 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
The direction of the GT3/RS has changed to a point where it's fine to put whatever you want on it. It's no longer hardcore track car like the 993 version. So have some fun with options.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned
mike@evo is infamous around these parts
Jonathan, what kind of seats are those!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mike@evo
Jonathan, what kind of seats are those!
+ 1 - Seats look amazing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any photos of carbon fiber door sills? Light or not?