GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

7 GT3 tire pressure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:48 AM
rickg87 is infamous around these parts
7 GT3 tire pressure

Mine came with Pirelli PZero Corsa tires. The sticker on the inside
of the driver door says 29f 33r, the manual says 29/30??
I'm thinking the sticker is the way to go for cold pressure PSI

Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Sticker is correct. Latest information.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:21 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
29/33 cold is what i run.
but BE VERY CAREFUL, you can scuff, scallop, rip the sidewalls very easy at that pressure.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey Rickg87 how do you like those Pirelli P-Zero Corsa's ? Have you had a chance to push them hard yet ? I got a second set of wheels and put Michelin PS2's for regular street use. I've never seen a comparison between the Pirelli Corsa's and the Michelin Sport Cups.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:44 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I really like the Corsa on the street. Warm up fast and very difficult to break them loose. The cups don't warm up on the streets.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:01 PM
lawjdc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mooty
but BE VERY CAREFUL, you can scuff, scallop, rip the sidewalls very easy at that pressure.
I used to be able to run the recommended pressures of 29/33, but now I get a pressure warning signal in the speedo panel, so I put more air in. The pressure warning system is not always satisfied though . . .

Old 08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lawjdc
I used to be able to run the recommended pressures of 29/33, but now I get a pressure warning signal in the speedo panel, so I put more air in. The pressure warning system is not always satisfied though . . .
I'm having the same problem after returning from a track day at Sebring. I have checked all the tires several times and still the system wants me to add more air to the right rear tire.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:53 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mooty
more or less pressure to protect sidewalls better?

Old 08-13-2007, 05:00 PM
SrfCity is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fcar348
more or less pressure to protect sidewalls better?
Sounds like the more pressure the harder it is on sidewalls.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:04 PM
lawjdc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I really like the Corsa on the street. Warm up fast and very difficult to break them loose. The cups don't warm up on the streets.
I don't know about the Corsas, but I agree that the Michelin cups do not warm up on the street.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SWATDoc
I'm having the same problem after returning from a track day at Sebring. I have checked all the tires several times and still the system wants me to add more air to the right rear tire.
I found the TPMS system doesn't want you to add air if you set them at 33F/34R. I've had them that way for a few days and so far no problem and at 29/33 the warning was constant.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:06 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bruce
I found the TPMS system doesn't want you to add air if you set them at 33F/34R. I've had them that way for a few days and so far no problem and at 29/33 the warning was constant.
Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lawjdc
I don't know about the Corsas, but I agree that the Michelin cups do not warm up on the street.
I guess it depends which streets you drive on. I don't seem to have a problem putting heat in my MPSC's where I drive.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:41 AM
YSS
YSS is infamous around these parts
FWIW

i run 34 front and 36 rear COLD pressure on the street with MPSC.
it works well and i get very good even tyre wear.

i have had corsa and loved it until they launched corsa system.
there is a BIG difference.

Corsa does warm up quicker and last longer but i found corsa system a poor tyre when pushed.
the difference is that corsa system has 2 vertical grooves down the tyre.
corsa has no vertical grooves.

i think the 19" has the grooves in OZ.. but the burgundy Gt3 posted elsewhere is the original and 'real' deal..

Old 08-14-2007, 01:39 PM
911 C2S is infamous around these parts
I've found that the TPS will let you go about 3 psi below recommended (29/33), but once you go 4 below you'll get a warning.

For that reason, I set the psi for each tire so that TPS sees 30F/34R. I found the actual psi in the tire reads about 3 low in the front and 4 low in the rear. (Would result in real-world psi's of 33F/38R)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 7 GT3 tire pressure