Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Some pics from a memorable weekend...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:21 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Some pics from a memorable weekend...

Thought I would post a few pics from a wonderful weekend. This weekend, the annual Keeneland Concours benefitting the UK Childrens Hospital was held in Lexington KY. A great concours turnout was seen, with incredible cars representing a wide range of marques. I'll start with a few from the drive out to the concours...

Old 08-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
You're missing an Enzo!!! Seems like a fun time! As always RufMD, live it up!!

Old 08-26-2007, 11:30 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Some of the highlights at the Concours included a Jaguar D Type that was breathtaking to behold.....and a McLaren M8 Can-Am car that defined outrageous. The generous owner, Mike Dunkel, gave me the best B-day present ever by allowing me to sit in the car and go through the startup routine....cold crank the engine for 2-3 secs a couple of times, then hit the fuel pump switch and cold crank for 2-3 secs again...then flip the ignition switch, and hit the starter button...BAMMMMMM ! holy hell what a noise...the engine was so responsive, it only took 1/2-1 inch of throttle linkage movement to make the engine bark and ears bleed...amazing is just not adequate for the experience....

Old 08-26-2007, 11:31 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
wow...beautiful. i could look at your garage all day
Is the F50 yours as well?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:35 PM
The D Type is beautiful to behold in person....

Old 08-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Some more pics from the concours...special thanks to EasyC for helping to shuttle my cars to the event ! Also, it was nice to see Kraftwerk and Vishnus at the event as well.

The Gallardo Spyder is painted in a one off copper colour, and the steering wheel is the only non-black factory wheel in the US according to the owner. The Howmet turbine was a joy to hear starting...

Old 08-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Whoa! I just got done doing a drive around town looking for inspiration and to come back to this is just great. Thanks for the pics!

---edit
Whoa thats wierd, one of the streets I was driving on soaking in inspiration was keeneland drive. lol how wierd the coincidence.

Last edited by Ryan in SD; 08-26-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Thanks for the pics Jas. How did the F40 hold up against the F50?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:48 PM
random pics....

Old 08-26-2007, 11:56 PM
After the Concours, there was an after party at the Aviation Museum...got some really nice shots there...all in all, I had a blast this weekend, and a great cause was the benefit in the UK Children's Hospital. This Concours is getting better and bigger every year. In 2010, the World Equestrian Championships are being held in Lexington Ky. The featured marque that year will be Ferrari. Some heavy hitters in the Ferrari collecting world are being lined up for that event, and it should be something to behold.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
Beautiful pics as always Jas. If you ever need an extra person to help bring your cars to the show, I'm available!

Old 08-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Raz5219
Beautiful pics as always Jas. If you ever need an extra person to help bring your cars to the show, I'm available!
Nah, I've got EasyC man, I'm all set ! I should mention, the F50 belongs to a friend of mine. Car looked awesome running on the road...

Old 08-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics Jas, thanks for sharing!

Old 08-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
wonderful pictures as always

Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
GREAT SHOTS! I could see it now. You neighbors were driving by thinking, "Finally someone has topped Jas!"

Last edited by 2thfixr; 08-27-2007 at 02:41 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics from a memorable weekend...