Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 / Laguna Seca noise limitations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:51 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ze_shark
I had Christian at Carlsen install their mod, it's really elegant, fast, simple and inexpensive. A great solution to do T4-T5 flat out at Laguna. The valve system is only here to make a big mean noise, but keep the valves shut is said not make any difference in performance. I am not deaf enough yet to withstand the always on position.
very nice. thx for update.
i have seen j van overbek going up the hill WOT will no prob while i get black flagged behind him.

now i just got to get my car to christian

Old 04-21-2008, 02:11 PM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
We have the same problem in the East at Lime Rock PCA events. I used a supertrapp style add-on for my '04 GT3 cup and it worked ok. I am looking into the foam and a tack-on muffler for my '08 GT3 cup. It has a bigger exhaust tip than the earlier cars so not sure if anyone makes anything for the '08 yet.

I found these two possibilities:

Vortex 4" Turndown Cone

http://65.109.249.14/mm5/merchant.mv...nsert-mufflers

And this one which may be better:

Car Chemistry 3DI35L - Car Chemistry Collector Inserts

http://www.jegs.com/i/Car%20Chemistr...DI35L/10002/-1

Or the tack on 90 degree bends with supertrapps but I would like to avoid these.
Also notice the foam sticking out:

Old 04-23-2008, 06:35 AM
lawjdc is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know the source for the yellow foam to stuff in the airbox? I have some from last summer, but would like to replace it with a new cut-to-fit piece.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
It seems to be FuelSafe companie's fuel cell foam. I have been looking for some too.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:46 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
that foam plus turn down will NOT get you pass sound at LS, you need supertrap or something more elaborate.

i run my RS with the foam stuffed to wazoo and turn downs... no go

Originally Posted by lawjdc
Does anyone know the source for the yellow foam to stuff in the airbox? I have some from last summer, but would like to replace it with a new cut-to-fit piece.