Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Danica Patrick drives the RS - Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Formula1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I could care less who this guy is. His post was juvenile and could have debated my opinion like an adult. On top of that, how the hell am I supposed to know who this guy is? Does he race Lemans, SpeedChallenge or something I would see on TV? If not, I wouldn't know him from Adam. I don't scour Youtube looking for amateur race videos.

If he thinks somebody like Tony Stewart isn't a phenominal driver, then that tells me he has his head in the sand.....regardless of how well he drives a car.

I challenge anyone to name one guy that could get into an open wheel car (Indy or F1) and then get right in a closed wheel Nextel Cup car and drive the TWO of them any better than Stewart.

That was the point I was making.
When Jeff Gordon and Montoya traded cars in 2001, Gordon was 1 second slower than Montoya in his BMW powered Williams F1 car on the USGP course. Not too shabby in an open wheel car he's never driven and arguably a better stocker than Stewart.

I do agree with Vincent the dentist. It was just an opinion on a GT3RS from Danica Patrick. She will not influence anyones buying decision. It's fun to debate however. Isn't this why we're on this board in the first place?

Old 09-06-2007, 10:47 AM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
First off -- Mr 29 total posts. Check your facts before running your piehole.

I noticed you failed to name one person (to back up your juvenile post) that could run different cars any better TODAY than Stewart. Put Alonso or any F1 driver in a closed wheel car (including a Nextel Cup car) and see how well they do. Are you aware of the difficulties that Montoya had the first few times he jumped in a closed wheel car?

FTR, I'm not saying Tony Stewart is the world's greatest driver. I am saying IMO he is the best multi dimensional driver today.

Tony Stewart's personal car is a Lambo Murci.

You just showed your level of intelligence in one post. Way to go Einstein, you'll make alot of friends here with posts like that.

I also noticed you do not list what type of car you drive. I wouldn't either if I drove Neon. Have fun with it
i visit this forum very often because im a big fan of porsche, i never bothered to sign up because i only like to listen. BUT MAN YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE, your posts sound a lot more JUVENILE than kingleh, who are you to comment on his intelligence? besides, i frequently visit his website too, he is hell of a driver, he gets a lot of respect in my book.

ok tony stewart's personal car is a lambo murci, so? whats your point?

i don't list what type of car i drive, does that mean i drive a NEON? even if i did, does that make you a better person than me?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:28 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rickg87
Where Danica went wrong is she compares the car to a race car( geared towards high speed tracking). If you watched her other reviews of the Z06( she says was very disapointing in the power dept ) and Viper
she is very negative on all of them. Shes not reviewing them for what they are.
She tries too hard to be tough.
Did you watch the GT3 review video by Max Argelelli. He raves about the car.
Wouldnt change a thing. "the Gt3 is what a race car should be"
Where she went wrong was to say the Viper ad Z06 didnt feel as though they were accelerating quickly, but the GT3 felt fast, I dont see how you could draw that conclusion driving them back to back. The Viper and Z06 will own a GT3 in acceleration.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ihatepotholes
i visit this forum very often because im a big fan of porsche, i never bothered to sign up because i only like to listen. BUT MAN YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE, your posts sound a lot more JUVENILE than kingleh, who are you to comment on his intelligence? besides, i frequently visit his website too, he is hell of a driver, he gets a lot of respect in my book.

ok tony stewart's personal car is a lambo murci, so? whats your point?

i don't list what type of car i drive, does that mean i drive a NEON? even if i did, does that make you a better person than me?

Noooooooo....this isn't juvenile at all

BWAHAHAHAHHA

he just said TONY STEWART..... for overall best in open and closed wheel out of ANY driver...

BWAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS GUY....! ..... man.. i needed a laugh like that....

i guess he does drive a Chevy.. and prob thinks GOD himself built it out of balsa wood and cheap plastic..... and stuk a 427 in it... (wait didnt vettes have those in like... the 60's!.... wow.. they have came a long way)

You make absolutely no sense whatsoever. What the hell does his website or his driving ability have to do with debating a topic like an adult?

The reason I mentioned what TS drives is I thought he was talking about the Chevy that he drives in Cup. I now see that he was probably talking about my Z06. In either case, it was yet a further dig at me. Hence, the Neon comment. And no, if you drive a Neon (or whatever) it does not make you a lesser person.

I'm done with this topic before I say something to get me booted off of here.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Where she went wrong was to say the Viper ad Z06 didnt feel as though they were accelerating quickly, but the GT3 felt fast, I dont see how you could draw that conclusion driving them back to back. The Viper and Z06 will own a GT3 in acceleration.
Calm down there, HeavyChevy. No one here said the GT3RS will walk over those cars. We all know the performance of each car. What she probably was feeling was the GT3RS climbing the rev range very quickly because of the lightweight flywheel as compared to the other 2 cars you mentioned which are more linear in the way they build their power.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:58 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
you get my point.. no matter how i say it...

ide def take Jeff G over tony.. for who can hop in both.... and thats just in the nextel world of drivers.....

i think the main problem is you were considering NEXTEL "closed wheel"... where as when i think of closed wheel.. i think of... hmmm.... ALMS.. LMS... grand am ROLEX.. grand am CUP..... FIA GT.. IMSA... BPR.. SUPER-GT.. DTM.... SUPERCUP... the list goes on and on..... of closed wheel racing...

oval closed wheel is a very small part of closed wheel racing.... i consider nascar to be in its own deal... i call it... OVAL racing... or...... turning left....

i dont put nascar in the same catigory as ALMS, SUPER-GT, and DTM.... because.. its not....

so you put F Massa in the exact same DTM car, Nextel car.. and in a F1 car.. then u stick T Stewart in those DTM, Nextel and a F1 cars... and we will see who will have the better speeds with each.... i will BET my NEON on it... that massa will be faster..

now.... talking about the polatics of nascar....

My co driver last year drove a nextel race... he is a very good road racer.. you might know him.. David Murry.... he did the nextel watkins-glen race... the good ole boys are nascar teched his car last.. cause he was new... well.. they took long enough to tech it.. that he missed a entire day of practice... and they woulndt let him go on track cause his car wasnt teched... well he finaly did get teched.. just in time for qualy... he didnt qualy to well.. because it was his first time on track thanks to nascar officials... so i guess he had a "hard time adapting" also huh?.... NASCAR.. is polatics...

most racing is... but nascar is one of the worst....

i dont like nascar... i like to turn right...

i also think its funny your telling me to debate like an adult.. and trying to bash me by telling me i drive a Neon.....

when all you had to do is look at my Sig and see what i drive..... just like your Sig has a Z0h in it....

Last edited by kingleh; 09-06-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:27 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Formula1
Calm down there, HeavyChevy. No one here said the GT3RS will walk over those cars. We all know the performance of each car. What she probably was feeling was the GT3RS climbing the rev range very quickly because of the lightweight flywheel as compared to the other 2 cars you mentioned which are more linear in the way they build their power.
Need I say more, she should have said what she meant.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:31 PM
orijinal_poser is infamous around these parts
I could care less who this guy is. His post was juvenile and could have debated my opinion like an adult. On top of that, how the hell am I supposed to know who this guy is? Does he race Lemans, SpeedChallenge or something I would see on TV? If not, I wouldn't know him from Adam. I don't scour Youtube looking for amateur race videos.
lawl......

ever heard of Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series presented by Crown Royal? it's owned by the France family......ya know, the same family that owns NASCRAP.

oh yea, GAC plays on SpeedTV as often as ALMS. GAC cars are much faster than Speed touring cars. you know, the 24 hrs of daytona? yea, Leh races in that as well.

check out his site so you can stop being mis-informed: www.lehkeen.com

oh and for topic sake - Danica is totally overrated/overhyped.

Last edited by orijinal_poser; 09-06-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey there Leh, thanks for your story re: the Watkins Glen race. Those are some of the behind the scenes things we fans will never be privy to unless mentioned. It leads to the explaination of why some driver's do better than others.

The politics in NASCAR are almost as bad as those in Formula 1. Montoya was fired from McLaren because of his boneheaded driving style and finally taking out his teammate last year in Indianapolis. On the flip side, we've seen Montoya able to get away with the same kind of driving in both the BUSCH and NEXTEL cup series with little consequence because he's a major Hispanic star driver and the France family wants to attract that market into NASCAR. Just as an example (because he has a hot head rep just like Montoya, not saying anything about his driving abilities), if it was Tony Stewart that took out his teammate in Mexico City or the other crap Montoya has done to Ryan Newman or the others, he would have been fined, points taken away yada, yada, yada.

By the way Leh, your up to 31 posts. Your reputation has increased since yesterday :-)

Old 09-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Need I say more, she should have said what she meant.
In all honesty, she probably doesn't even know the RS has a LWFW. I'll admit that she sounded pretty dumb in that interview, I just would never underestimate a professional driver regarding their skills on track. What do you want me to say? She should be seen and not heard? THere I said it.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kingleh

ide def take Jeff G over tony.. for who can hop in both.... and thats just in the nextel world of drivers.....

i think the main problem is you were considering NEXTEL "closed wheel"... where as when i think of closed wheel.. i think of... hmmm.... ALMS.. LMS... grand am ROLEX.. grand am CUP..... FIA GT.. IMSA... BPR.. SUPER-GT.. DTM.... SUPERCUP... the list goes on and on..... of closed wheel racing...

oval closed wheel is a very small part of closed wheel racing.... i consider nascar to be in its own deal... i call it... OVAL racing... or...... turning left....

i dont put nascar in the same catigory as ALMS, SUPER-GT, and DTM.... because.. its not....

so you put F Massa in the exact same DTM car, Nextel car.. and in a F1 car.. then u stick T Stewart in those DTM, Nextel and a F1 cars... and we will see who will have the better speeds with each.... i will BET my NEON on it... that massa will be faster..

My co driver last year drove a nextel race... he is a very good road racer.. you might know him.. David Murry.... he did the nextel watkins-glen race... the good ole boys are nascar teched his car last.. cause he was new... well.. they took long enough to tech it.. that he missed a entire day of practice... and they woulndt let him go on track cause his car wasnt teched... well he finaly did get teched.. just in time for qualy... he didnt qualy to well.. because it was his first time on track thanks to nascar officials... so i guess he had a "hard time adapting" also huh?.... NASCAR.. is polatics...

i also think its funny your telling me to debate like an adult.. and trying to bash me by telling me i drive a Neon.....

when all you had to do is look at my Sig and see what i drive..... just like your Sig has a Z0h in it....

I know I said I was done with this topic but since I received a more receptive response this time, I will comment.

I do consider the "other" forms of racing when I say closed wheel as well. See my screen name. I prefer that form of racing over all others....although I do watch them all.

I couldn't agree more with the political BS with F1 and NASCAR. Its a joke for the most part.

I still disagree with you on Stewart vs Massa but thats OK. The reason is because Stewart has driven them all.. alot. Plus, from what I hear the various OW and CW drivers say -- the Nextel boxes are the most difficult to drive and adapt to.

I only busted your ***** about not posting your cars because of the comment you made about my Z06. And for the record, I don't think the car was built by GOD. I think it's a fantastic performance car right out of the box. It has nowhere near the build quality of a Porsche, BMW etc however.

Anyhow, I visited your site. Appear to be a pretty accomplished driver. The only thing I would take issue with is your adoration of Japanese cars. j/k I may change my mind when the new GTR hits the states.

Congrats and no hard feelings here, man.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
awww how cute they have made up

Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kingleh

A couple of points. WG Nextel cup qualifying got rained out, according to the rules, the field is qualified based on points. A lot of guys didn't get to race for this reason, it sucks, but that's the rule. I feel bad for David, he's a friend of mine too, the weather did him in not NASCAR. FWIW the qualifying order is also based on a points system.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
David Murry is one of the most talented drivers out there, he deserves a nextel cup ride. F1 is great in europe, but here in the USA NASCAR is king, like it or not. Personally, I love circle track racing as well as road racing. It takes a tremendous amount of skill to 'go fast and turn left', don't underestimate those drivers. Smoke is one of the best drivers in the world, bar none. Dannica is talented but needs to start winning. Agree with f1's Montoya comments, unfortunately that's the way it is. Another driver to keep your eye on is Daniel Eastman . Peace out.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:53 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by IIVVX
awww how cute they have made up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Danica Patrick drives the RS - Video