Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Turbo V RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:10 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turbo4ever
Maybe the RS is limited edition, that's why lots of people want my allocation.

Hi Freds, your tt is 997?

However, I want a new car to drive, both car are great, so hard to decide.

Anyone knows when will the face-lift TT release?

Thanks.

Check this thread
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85610

Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Actually, the suspension geometry, awd, f/r bias, shock valving is all quite different 997TT vs 996TT. A correctly modded 997TT with proper tires is hot on the track, even with the stock sport mode suspension, don't underestimate it, nothing like a 996 or 993. But, I think a TT better suits his needs.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Freier is infamous around these parts
Turbo. And Fred's has already modified the car for your needs!

Old 09-14-2007, 11:47 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bruce
It would take a MAJOR, not minor bit of suspension tweaking costing many thousands of dollors for the Turbo to match the GT3 on a tight road course. It would take allot more than a change of shocks, sways and springs. The suspension geometry is very different.
I have a modded 996 TT and a stock 997 GT3 and as far as handling is concerned the GT3 kills the TT, no comparison at all. I don't think the 997 TT's suspension geometry is very different than the 996 TT's.

Bottom line, if you want big torque acceleration get the TT, if you want a nimble canyon carver get the RS., it's a simple as that. Not to mention that the RS is much more exclusive.
What mods did the Turbo that ran the ring in 7:40 have? (other than WR at the wheel). I'm thinking MSC and a proper alignment, I would be very interested to find out. The Turbo is so much faster, it's plain rude (to paraphrase Purely Gt porsche).
What is the weight of an RS?
I also wonder what differences there are in the suspension of the GT2 vs the Turbo?

Old 09-14-2007, 01:29 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
If the TT suspension is just as good as the GT3 (w/ just little tweaking as stated), than why Porsche even bother making a GT2? Please jack up the two cars and see for yourself.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
Just buy one of each. Problem solved. Owned a 997TT and have presently a GT3RS. Both great cars.Can't lose either way. I prefer the RS but the TT is a fantastic car.Good Luck!!!

Old 09-14-2007, 02:40 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vincentdds
If the TT suspension is just as good as the GT3 (w/ just little tweaking as stated), than why Porsche even bother making a GT2? Please jack up the two cars and see for yourself.
Read my post I never said the suspension was just as good, just that the Turbo can run as fast as the RS on a tight track with the proper changes. What are the differences between the Turbo and the GT2? (that is my question)
Bring a GT2 over I'd love to jack it up and see.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:26 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Read my post I never said the suspension was just as good, just that the Turbo can run as fast as the RS on a tight track with the proper changes. What are the differences between the Turbo and the GT2? (that is my question)
Bring a GT2 over I'd love to jack it up and see.

Really depends on the driver. In any case, the turbo seem like what the OP needs.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
What mods did the Turbo that ran the ring in 7:40 have? (other than WR at the wheel). I'm thinking MSC and a proper alignment, I would be very interested to find out. The Turbo is so much faster, it's plain rude (to paraphrase Purely Gt porsche).
What is the weight of an RS?
I also wonder what differences there are in the suspension of the GT2 vs the Turbo?

Is the Ring really considered a tight road course, I don't think so?

Old 09-14-2007, 04:17 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
He never said the ring was a tight course.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Actually, the suspension geometry, awd, f/r bias, shock valving is all quite different 997TT vs 996TT. A correctly modded 997TT with proper tires is hot on the track, even with the stock sport mode suspension, don't underestimate it, nothing like a 996 or 993. But, I think a TT better suits his needs.
I don't mean the shock valving or F/R bias but the actual suspension geometry.
A friend of mine has a 997 TT which I have spent some time driving and I like it allot however most of my TT experience is with my 996 TT.
Until I drove them both I did not think the GT3 could be more nimble than my TT but it is. The 997 TT definetely feels faster but also heavier and not as nimble as the GT3. The GT3 also gives you more feedback as to what the cars doing. Maybe some others that have driven both can chime in.
Unfortunately this thread is turning into a TT vs. GT3 thread which is not my intention. They are 2 different cars that excel in different areas.
I like my TT but I feel much more connected/ in touch with the GT3. Different cars that serve different purposes, one is not better than the other.

Last edited by Bruce; 09-14-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
He never said the ring was a tight course.
Your right he didn't. I took it that way because I said if you want a canyon carver get the GT3 and he responded with the TT's time at the Ring.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
RS 197 is infamous around these partsRS 197 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
I have not driven either cars. But the street king has to be the TT, in all weather condition. While the track king is RS or GT3, but their front spoiler is just too low for daily street use. Straight line performance wise close to city speed limit, I don't think RS or GT3 is that much faster than my C2S X51. The better high speed cornering ability of either cars cannot be put in use for city driving, while their stiffer suspension and clutch is actually a disadvantage. Too bad about the worse depreciation of a TT.
?????? You compare a C2S to a GT3. You might as well compare it to a Mazda MX 6. It has more in common.

Do me a favor and do a little research on a GT3. They are far superior in every way shape and form. They share very little with the C2S.

Please don't ever compare the two again. They have nothing in common, all the C2S is good for is sales volume. Porsche sells enough of them so they can build a few real cars for the few who understand......

The Turbo is a totally unique being. You have to love the lag and the snap and the all wheel drive. They are in a class by themselves. I would like to be in that class some day.....But still no comparison to a GT3....For me...

Don't feel bad. I bought the first 997S in Oregon. I had to be educated also. When you figure it out, you will be a GT3 owner. Let me know when you make the switch. I will send you a free coupon for a front lip spoiler. Running it into things and smashing it on a high speed bump is all part of the enjoyment...

Old 09-14-2007, 08:39 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RS 197
?????? You compare a C2S to a GT3. You might as well compare it to a Mazda MX 6. It has more in common.

Do me a favor and do a little research on a GT3. They are far superior in every way shape and form. They share very little with the C2S.

Please don't ever compare the two again. They have nothing in common, all the C2S is good for is sales volume. Porsche sells enough of them so they can build a few real cars for the few who understand......

The Turbo is a totally unique being. You have to love the lag and the snap and the all wheel drive. They are in a class by themselves. I would like to be in that class some day.....But still no comparison to a GT3....For me...

Don't feel bad. I bought the first 997S in Oregon. I had to be educated also. When you figure it out, you will be a GT3 owner. Let me know when you make the switch. I will send you a free coupon for a front lip spoiler. Running it into things and smashing it on a high speed bump is all part of the enjoyment...
You may want to compare how the 997S did compared to the 996GT3 mkI on the Nurburgring before you make that statement...

Old 09-14-2007, 11:00 PM
RS 197 is infamous around these partsRS 197 is infamous around these parts
I could care less. That is all chassis related. The power plant is a throw away. the gearbox is from Japan....

I can't believe I am having this conversation.

Joe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo V RS