Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Turbo V RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Turbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Turbo V RS

Hi, this is my 1st post!

I have an allocation for the RS, but I am seriously thinking to change it and wait for the DI 500+hp face-lift TT.

I mainly drive it on street/B road and I want the Street KING, so which car will be faster and more suitable for that?

I don't need back seats, but I don't mind to have them and I love turbo power plus nice music system, however I also love the hardcore and engine sound from the RS.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:15 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Your signature and your post pretty much answer that question. Get the turbo and mod the hell out it.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
mod. TT = Street king, RS = track king

Old 09-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
I have not driven either cars. But the street king has to be the TT, in all weather condition. While the track king is RS or GT3, but their front spoiler is just too low for daily street use. Straight line performance wise close to city speed limit, I don't think RS or GT3 is that much faster than my C2S X51. The better high speed cornering ability of either cars cannot be put in use for city driving, while their stiffer suspension and clutch is actually a disadvantage. Too bad about the worse depreciation of a TT.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
I would go for the Turbo much more difficult to get and all the cool guys drive them. Just assign the RS allocation to me and I will take that piece of crap off your hands.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey Turbo4Ever get the turbo and I'll take your GT3RS allocation. What color did you order and does it have PCCB?

Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...I spoke up first......

Old 09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
KeyserSoze is infamous around these parts
I'd be curious, do you think a Japan allocated RS can be redirected to be US allocated? But I digress, I'm sure there's plenty of people ready to take it over at his dealership.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:52 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
TT all the way for what you're looking for. Better yet, just buy my TT and save lots of $$$$$$ ;-)

Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
A turbo is already significantly faster than the RS in a straight line, with a minor bit of suspension/tire tweeking the turbo should be able to do the same on a tight road course. On a high speed track, the turbo wins.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:54 AM
toddbee is infamous around these parts
RS for sure. Much more rare and a blast to drive. motor sounds amazing

Old 09-14-2007, 03:34 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Buy Freds and be done with it.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Turbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the roughTurbo4ever is a jewel in the rough
Maybe the RS is limited edition, that's why lots of people want my allocation.

Hi Freds, your tt is 997?

However, I want a new car to drive, both car are great, so hard to decide.

Anyone knows when will the face-lift TT release?

Thanks.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
A turbo is already significantly faster than the RS in a straight line, with a minor bit of suspension/tire tweeking the turbo should be able to do the same on a tight road course. On a high speed track, the turbo wins.
It would take a MAJOR, not minor bit of suspension tweaking costing many thousands of dollors for the Turbo to match the GT3 on a tight road course. It would take allot more than a change of shocks, sways and springs. The suspension geometry is very different.
I have a modded 996 TT and a stock 997 GT3 and as far as handling is concerned the GT3 kills the TT, no comparison at all. I don't think the 997 TT's suspension geometry is very different than the 996 TT's.

Bottom line, if you want big torque acceleration get the TT, if you want a nimble canyon carver get the RS., it's a simple as that. Not to mention that the RS is much more exclusive.

Last edited by Bruce; 09-14-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:03 AM
toddbee is infamous around these parts
I agree with Bruce. I have done full suspension on 993's and 996's and have to say that they were no where near the gt3 as far as suspension/handling. i think they completely change the geometry to considerably change the handling characteristics of the gt3/rs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo V RS