Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Brand new GT3 wrecked - 300 miles on odometer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:43 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shawn C
I have seen a seasoned driver put a brand new GT3 into the wall at Sebring. And he was the head instructor! You dont have to be a poser to crash one. Just take it a little too far past its/your limits and you will get the same result. this could have been a good driver who made a mistake, dont jump to conclusions Spidermonkey.....
The 996 GT3 has gotten more people in trouble at the track then the 997 GT3.
This man is correct. I have seen very good drivers with 20+ years of experience on the track loose it in areas where I would have never thought I could loose it.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:53 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Spidermonkey
Give a guy a fast car and he thinks he's a race car driver. I've never seen so many cars crashed as GT3's...says a lot about many of the GT3 owners. Posers....

LMFAO and who are you K. Raikkonen?

-Peter

Old 09-19-2007, 02:07 PM
mixedmac is infamous around these parts
i think car companies should start screening people for high horsepower or more difficult to drive vehicles. there is just too many amateur younger drivers buying cars that are immature and are wrecking these cars. wrecking a car is one thing, its just a car, replaceable, its a cmpletely diiferent thing when human injury is involved.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mixedmac
i think car companies should start screening people for high horsepower or more difficult to drive vehicles. there is just too many amateur younger drivers buying cars that are immature and are wrecking these cars. wrecking a car is one thing, its just a car, replaceable, its a cmpletely diiferent thing when human injury is involved.

Aloha

Byron

Old 09-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Spidermonkey is infamous around these parts
..."Manufacturers are also rolling out driver-education programs. Later this year, Bugatti plans to start offering buyers a "security driving course" at a test track near its factory in France. Ferrari has offered driver training in Italy since the early 1990s and just opened the first authorized school outside Italy last year in Mt. Tremblant, Canada. Lamborghini started offering winter and summer-driving academies last year, formalizing classes long offered by dealers.
Bentley offered its first driving class in the U.S. last year and Lotus is launching a driving school in the U.S. this month called the Lotus Performance Driving Experience outside Las Vegas that will include instruction in "the dynamics of skid control."
One recent driving-school graduate: Mr. Aboubakare, the private-equity company president who spun out his Ford GT. He hopes to be better equipped to drive the new Lamborghini Murcielago LP640"

Old 09-19-2007, 05:49 PM
bobbrock is infamous around these parts
A few ideas:

1. Cars keep geting faster and faster.
2. The faster they go the smaller the margin of error.
3. More and more people can afford these types of cars.
4. Many of them are new to performance cars altogether.
5. Just because you can afford it, does not mean you should buy it.
6. Last but not least - Refuse to get in your buddy's car who went from an Accord to a GT3

But it does not matter how experienced you are - things happen at the track!

Last edited by bobbrock; 09-19-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Which goes back to my original point that people buy these cars as status symbols and then they seem to think they're automatically race car drivers too...

Old 09-19-2007, 06:09 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Christian
It amazes me how many "expert" drivers we have on this forum. The guy was at the track and no one here knows what caused the accident.

Give me a break

Christian
LOL exactly!!! Speculation and the usual BS

Old 09-19-2007, 07:30 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
So, spidermonkey whats your racing experience?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:11 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
I saw an instructor in a Z3 go off the track 1st lap, had at least 10,000 laps on that track...it happens to everyone.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:18 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
How can the guy be a poseur if he was at the track? And how do we know he didn't hit a patch of oil or antifreeze from another car? **** happens at the track.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:11 PM
How can the guy be a poseur if he was at the track? What the hell kind of question is that? Have you been to the track lately? I see more ******bags at the track doing stupid things and cleaning out other people's cars than I do on the roads. It didn't used to be this bad. Unfortunately the track has become a mecca for every tom dick or harry with a fast car who thinks he's ricky race car driver. Tired of risking my car and my health on the track. First year I haven't renewed my NASA pro racing membership. It just isn't fun anymore trying to avoid not getting wiped out by some schmuck who can make a car payment on his gallardo, GT3, M5, etc.

Remember- To finish first you must first finish...

Last edited by Spidermonkey; 09-20-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:31 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Spidermonkey when I crash mine I will let you know. I will also pose next to it for you to call me a poser.

Aloha

Byron

P.S. I have not received the car but should have it in the beginning of 08.

Well, we know you wont crash that Beyoootch in 07 at least!

Old 09-21-2007, 06:33 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Spidermonkey
How can the guy be a poseur if he was at the track? What the hell kind of question is that? Have you been to the track lately? I see more ******bags at the track doing stupid things and cleaning out other people's cars than I do on the roads. It didn't used to be this bad. Unfortunately the track has become a mecca for every tom dick or harry with a fast car who thinks he's ricky race car driver. Tired of risking my car and my health on the track. First year I haven't renewed my NASA pro racing membership. It just isn't fun anymore trying to avoid not getting wiped out by some schmuck who can make a car payment on his gallardo, GT3, M5, etc.

Remember- To finish first you must first finish...
It's a legitimate question because most poseurs don't usually go to the track. Now I agree there are quite a few people at track events, esp in the lower run groups, with little or no experience. At least they're out there in a semi controlled "learning enviroment" with instructors, rather than trying to learn on the street.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Christian
It amazes me how many "expert" drivers we have on this forum. The guy was at the track and no one here knows what caused the accident.

Give me a break

Christian
You are completely right!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brand new GT3 wrecked - 300 miles on odometer