Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Brand new GT3 wrecked - 300 miles on odometer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:32 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
**** happens at the track, **** happens on the street too, just a whole lot faster on the former, the only safe place is watching the car rot in your garage. I agree there are a lot of asswipes out there on de's these days, but they are predominantly in the lower run groups, since I run the upper groups this really doesn't effect me at all. Spidey missed Doug's point, it's good the guy had the ***** to go to the track, it's too bad he wrecked the car, glad he's ok. That's really all any of us know about this story. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, may have been another's fault or something unavoidable, who knows.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
**** happens at the track, **** happens on the street too, just a whole lot faster on the former, the only safe place is watching the car rot in your garage. I agree there are a lot of asswipes out there on de's these days, but they are predominantly in the lower run groups, since I run the upper groups this really doesn't effect me at all. Spidey missed Doug's point, it's good the guy had the ***** to go to the track, it's too bad he wrecked the car, glad he's ok. That's really all any of us know about this story. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, may have been another's fault or something unavoidable, who knows.
Very true...very true...but going on an aside...I see an awful lot of very specialized cars which are big $$$ being driven by guys who feel they can drive the car because it is a X or a X...I dont find too many people willing to accept how amazingly capable some of the NORMAL models of cars are on the track...If one cant outrun a professionally driven completely stock ( or really close) 996 carrera in something thats more capable, lik a new GT3, then, you shouldn't be worried about some of the higher up models...(sorry for the rant...this is a big pet peeve of mine)

Old 10-01-2007, 02:16 PM
kevinlpl is infamous around these parts
Some one will be able to pick up needed parts a little less expensively

Old 12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get what the big deal is with the initial pics. It happens if you push the car. When it happens, you pay the bill to have it fixed right and hope it's a while before you have to do it again. Doesn't mean you're a poser. If someone really IS a driver but can't afford to fix situations like shown in the photo, then that person (in my opinion) should step down a notch or two on the car level and save some bank to fix the car when it happens. I could easily make the argument that, if you HAVEN'T done this once before, you're a poser. I'm not actually making the argument, but I could see that it holds more water than the 'poser wrecks it' thing. That's just bass-ackwards really.

Not trying to argue, but I've done something like this to my car. It happens. I have seen it happen to a 997 GT3 and I think the guy knew what he was doing. It happens when you push. Like Byron was trying to say, this will happen a good bit to GT3s because more GT3s are out at track day than any other 911.

Peace out.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:31 AM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
It hurts to see those GT3s crunched up like that. The 3 will bite if pushed and its driver is not paying attention or runs out of talent. It's part of the cars appeal, at least for me anyway. I've definitely seen and heard about talented drivers loosing these cars so I wouldn't equate wrecked GT3 to poser driver.

I'm taking time getting acclimated to my car. I've been racing cars for 7 years and did lapping days for a couple years before that, but in BMW sedans. I have very little experience in a rear-engine configuration so I'm having fun w/ the car, but also showing it respect by safely exploring its limits so I can learn to understand and develop an instinct for the car.

Have fun and be careful!

Old 12-21-2007, 06:47 AM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
Crashing your car at the track simply means you pushed to hard.I guess to some of you pros out there this is a crime.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:50 PM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not a pro, but I'll say that it's not a crime to push a car a car too hard and lose it. In fact, I'd say somebody that never spins from time to time isn't really pushing their car or themselves, and thus not learning. I have plenty of spins under my belt but I've never bent any metal in a street car (knocking on wood as I write this) at the track. I always tell people to be smart about the turns they pick to push their cars. A technical turn next to a wall probably isn't the best choice. Instead, find an area with lots of runoff. I know it sounds like common sense, but

Also, don't let some guy in a $hitbox distract you or make you do something stupid. I was out in my RS4 last year and some guy in an overblown, slammed, POS Civic wanted a piece of me in a bad way. I just eased off the gas and pointed him by without even giving it a second thought. He zoomed away as I stayed out of the gas to give myself plenty of room so I could get back to the business of exploring the limits of the car. I'm sure there's a post on some Civic forum out there with this guy braggin' about how he toasted an RS4 at the track and probably even with camera footage. He approached me after the session and smugly asked me what the problem was with my car (translation: wow, I'm so much faster than you in my lesser car and now I'm here to gloat) and I just looked at him and said, "You didn't really think I was going to race you and your Honda in my RS4 on a hot-lapping day did you?" He just looked at me like a deer steering into headlights, so I eased the tension with some friendly talk. The moral of the story is don't let some other fool make you wreck your car. I see it happen all the time and it's just not worth it because they'll leave the track with bragging rights and you'll leave with a broken car and pride, plus a big repair bill.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:23 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
if you drive a GT2/3 the way they are intended to be driven you will get bit sooner or later. just the nature of the car pushes you to go over the edge. one day you take a corner and no prob the next day you take the corner the same way and see ya.

I'm a *****, I like my psm.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:46 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
That sucks.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is infamous around these parts
ouch