GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Clubsport rollcage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Clubsport rollcage

Was wondering if anyone could post some interior shots of a factory Clubsport rollcage fitted in a GT2.

Is it obtrusive for everyday use?

Also, does anyone know the difference between the GT3-RS cage and the Clubsport cage?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
GT2 Clubsport Rollcage

I've got pictures, but I cannot post them now (office PC problems).

The rear cage is not intrusive (obviously), the front cage will be a shock visually if you don't have one currently, but mine has always had the front cage in it from new so I'm used to it. The only issues are that it makes getting your legs in/out very slightly harder, the sun-visors are locked permanently down by the top-bar and it's slightly inconvenient to access the main rotary light switch.

The RS cage is very similar, but it has both diagonals on the vertical section of the rear-cage, whereas the Clubsport only has one. This means that whilst can get bags/helmets easily into the back of a Clubsport, you cannot get virtually anything into an RS.

I've done a couple of European trips including the 'ring, with two 230+lb occupants (my friend not my wife!) with helmets and bags with no problems.......

Old 05-07-2004, 02:20 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Pics

Heres some pictures. I hope these help..........

Guy

Old 05-07-2004, 03:11 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
That looks sweeeeeeet. Thanks for the pics, Guy. BTW, nice color choice too

So if you were me, would you get the CS cage or the RS cage?

Old 05-07-2004, 03:46 AM
Guy
Hamann7,

Thanks

I'd go for the CS cage - 100% certain.

The extra diagonal in the rear in the RS will hardly make any difference to chassis rigidity or strength, especially since it's not welded in.

However the difference in practicality is vast, the RS cage makes the rear unusable for luggage, with the CS it's just akward.

Guy

Old 05-07-2004, 05:28 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
tyson,

depending on your target speed, it might be better to have Carl custom you a cage with the under wheel cross bar like mine. jst have ed the tow guy take it to las vegas... i wonder if he could turn it in time for the pony

Old 05-07-2004, 11:06 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
yea, i'm w/ watt, their are guys out there that could do a better job w/ a cage at making it more practical.

If you don't want to ship the car to vegas, Roland recommended me the guy that built his M5 cage, said he's in Bellflower.