6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   GT3/GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2-12/)
-   -   SharkWerks GT3/GT3RS Muffler Bypass Released (with videos) (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2/99373-sharkwerks-gt3-gt3rs-muffler-bypass-released-videos.html)

sharkster 09-27-2007 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by OhioGT2 (Post 1366520)
Well as you know, I went the economy route and built a Z06 that will hand any 996 on this board its ass :) In fact it may be in AZ on 10/11 at the WOTM event if any EVO car wants to run....

But I still want either a new GT2 or YOUR RS :D I'll be back in town in a couple weeks and hopefully I can finally see it!!!

Hey pal... I figured that would happen. V8, SC, NOS and you're DONE...

When you're out here next we'll go for a ride for sure. It might not be as fast as you're used to but it does sound good:D

sharkster 09-27-2007 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by bobbrock (Post 1367927)
Got to hear the SharkWerks GT3 exhaust in person last night. Can't wait for this mod myself. Sounds absolutley amazing.

Hey Bob, good to see you yesterday and glad you liked it! You're up real soon and in the first batch for local guys. Oh and I promise we'll go for a ride in the Turbo while you wait. I hope I grow back some cojones by then;)

PS Hopefully see you Sunday at Danville!

bobbrock 09-27-2007 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 1368918)
Hey Bob, good to see you yesterday and glad you liked it! You're up real soon and in the first batch for local guys. Oh and I promise we'll go for a ride in the Turbo while you wait. I hope I grow back some cojones by then;)

PS Hopefully see you Sunday at Danville!

I am going to hold you to it hilarious

sharkster 09-28-2007 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by bobbrock (Post 1369000)
I am going to hold you to it hilarious

OK u got it:D

iLLM3 09-28-2007 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by OhioGT2 (Post 1366520)
Well as you know, I went the economy route and built a Z06 that will hand any 996 on this board its ass :) In fact it may be in AZ on 10/11 at the WOTM event if any EVO car wants to run....

But I still want either a new GT2 or YOUR RS :D I'll be back in town in a couple weeks and hopefully I can finally see it!!!

You are out of control haha, matter of fact, ALEX AND FRED as well, all of you belong in the loony bin hilarious:p

Sounds awesome Alex, so many different setups now to choose from, makes it tough for you GT3/RS owners, all sound great!

CJA 09-28-2007 05:15 PM

What an AMAZING sound.

jsdkms 09-28-2007 07:51 PM

I would also be interested to know if this would work with the FVD system that GT Ranger has instead of the stock can!

jsdkms 09-28-2007 07:53 PM

Where can I buy the S.S bolts for mounting the headers as I already broke off one of the steel bolts as you described!
Thanks

sharkster 09-28-2007 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by jsdkms (Post 1370656)
Where can I buy the S.S bolts for mounting the headers as I already broke off one of the steel bolts as you described!
Thanks

I'm going to include them with all of the kits I hope. I have some set aside here if you need.

sharkster 09-28-2007 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by iLLM3 (Post 1369974)
You are out of control haha, matter of fact, ALEX AND FRED as well, all of you belong in the loony bin hilarious:p

Sounds awesome Alex, so many different setups now to choose from, makes it tough for you GT3/RS owners, all sound great!

Hehe I know but it cannot be helped;)

sharkster 10-01-2007 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by CJA (Post 1370406)
What an AMAZING sound.

Cheers CJA, wait till you see the footage that JWGT2 got from his RS with the exhaust at a Friday track event. As an added bonus there's a guest appearance from the set up we did on Fred's...

I think now what we have to exhaust set ups we'll keep the nomenclature simple

Kit Normal People (that's what we have)
Kit Fred (for nutters!)

Both kits make children cry and I will have a disclaimer...

snowboarder54 10-01-2007 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by CJA (Post 1370406)
What an AMAZING sound.

Wait until you have some crazy fu#king Brit do a drive-by in third gear at about 8K!!!hilarious Now that's amazing! Can't wait for my install.

James, when I got home I had to put icepacks on eyes to get them to pop backout from my skull after the ride you gave me in the 3.8TT!! Now that was truly an amazing thing!!!

kevinlpl 10-01-2007 02:18 PM

I love this exhaust but it won't help me meet sound limits at Laguna Seca will it. Nice job tha car is beautiful, I think I saw you at the Historics...

fredttx50 10-01-2007 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by kevinlpl (Post 1375165)
I love this exhaust but it won't help me meet sound limits at Laguna Seca will it. Nice job tha car is beautiful, I think I saw you at the Historics...

Kevin,
It wouldn't matter anyways as even a stock Cayman S/GT3RS don't pass Laguna.

Unfortunately that's what stinks about Laguna. Fun track but you have to basically cruise through turns 5-6.

But with my setup I know I wouldn't pass cuz it would pick up my sound at every turn hilarious

jtkkz 10-02-2007 06:40 PM

sounds great :)