6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   GT3/GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2-12/)
-   -   SharkWerks GT3/GT3RS Muffler Bypass Released (with videos) (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2/99373-sharkwerks-gt3-gt3rs-muffler-bypass-released-videos.html)

sharkster 07-15-2008 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet (Post 1947155)
yup.. i this is Bar none one of my favorite mods. the sound is AWESOME.. btw i have bypass # 0041

thanks alex :)

hehe thanks one of the OGs:P

WildBill 07-16-2008 09:11 AM

Mine will arrive tomorrow, thanks Alex!

snowboarder54 07-16-2008 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet (Post 1947155)
yup.. i this is Bar none one of my favorite mods. the sound is AWESOME.. btw i have bypass # 0041

thanks alex :)

I have said this all along!! #0006.;) Throw in a LWF and the new Sharkwerks tips and it's a complete set for the GT3!!

sharkster 07-16-2008 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by snowboarder54 (Post 1952518)
I have said this all along!! #0006.;) Throw in a LWF and the new Sharkwerks tips and it's a complete set for the GT3!!

Early adopters:cool:... now if only we could drive like 0006:D

sharkster 07-16-2008 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by 997TT (Post 1952513)
Mine will arrive tomorrow, thanks Alex!

Thanks for the order Bill and hope you like it.... Got a black/orange one we just finished today:

http://videos.g33kd.net/polish_exhaust/black_rs.jpg
http://videos.g33kd.net/polish_exhaust/P1040318.jpg
http://videos.g33kd.net/polish_exhaust/P1040325.jpg

ThisFlyGuy 07-16-2008 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 1953454)

oh momma, that black/orange combo is sick!

sharkster 07-19-2008 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy (Post 1953800)
oh momma, that black/orange combo is sick!

For some reason we haden't done a black/orange combo yet so it was neat to finally see;)

BryanF 07-26-2008 05:56 PM

Hi Alex

I've read a lot about your bypass muffler for the 997 GT3.I live in Melbourne Australia....and it seems from all comments that I have to get one.Do you have any dealers over here or could you you advise the approx cost in $USD of purchasing and airfreighting the muffler over to the land down under.

Appreciate your help !!

Bryan

NeverFastEnough 07-28-2008 07:07 AM

Another convert here too. Got the bypass (#0092) with tips installed last week. My dealer put them in and told me there were absolutely no problems at all.

All I can say is that I have not seen or heard a clip yet which does this mod justice. PC or bookshelf speakers just cannot reproduce the effect of the sound pressure waves hitting you. Revving it up at the dealer...those who liked loud loved it (lots of gauking and smiles even from some old "grey hairs"), and comments from those who do not, just said "that car sounds MEAN".

I do like the feature of still having a functional "sport" button...quiet mode whenever cops are around (I live in a city with noise ordinances), otherwise wide open.

If anyone has not heard this mod "live" yet, before passing any judgement you should hear it in person. I am sure you will be impressed. I am probably preaching to the choir here, but it is like comparing watching car races on TV or being there...totally different experiences.

Thanks Alex and everyone at Sharkwerks.

sharkster 07-28-2008 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by BryanF (Post 1969154)
Hi Alex

I've read a lot about your bypass muffler for the 997 GT3.I live in Melbourne Australia....and it seems from all comments that I have to get one.Do you have any dealers over here or could you you advise the approx cost in $USD of purchasing and airfreighting the muffler over to the land down under.

Appreciate your help !!

Bryan

Hi Bryan, thanks for the kind words and absolutely we can send one out to you (Email replied)....

xwu22 07-29-2008 07:26 PM

Boner material

sharkster 07-30-2008 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by NeverFastEnough (Post 1970995)
Another convert here too. Got the bypass (#0092) with tips installed last week. My dealer put them in and told me there were absolutely no problems at all.

All I can say is that I have not seen or heard a clip yet which does this mod justice. PC or bookshelf speakers just cannot reproduce the effect of the sound pressure waves hitting you. Revving it up at the dealer...those who liked loud loved it (lots of gauking and smiles even from some old "grey hairs"), and comments from those who do not, just said "that car sounds MEAN".

I do like the feature of still having a functional "sport" button...quiet mode whenever cops are around (I live in a city with noise ordinances), otherwise wide open.

If anyone has not heard this mod "live" yet, before passing any judgement you should hear it in person. I am sure you will be impressed. I am probably preaching to the choir here, but it is like comparing watching car races on TV or being there...totally different experiences.

Thanks Alex and everyone at Sharkwerks.

Hey NeverFasteEnough really glad you like it and thanks again for the support;) Dan's working on another vid with some footage but it's hard to recreate in a WMV:(

N2it 08-04-2008 12:58 PM

Need to thank Alex and Snowboarder.

Snowboarder for graciously tossing the keys to Alex so he could whip me up to the rental car facility. Your car is just crazy!

Alex for smoking the tires on every turn (Sorry snowboarder) Those cups were just about toast anyways and we really wanted to hear the bypass sing...

sharkster 08-04-2008 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by N2it (Post 1982342)
Need to thank Alex and Snowboarder.

Snowboarder for graciously tossing the keys to Alex so he could whip me up to the rental car facility. Your car is just crazy!

Alex for smoking the tires on every turn (Sorry snowboarder) Those cups were just about toast anyways and we really wanted to hear the bypass sing...

LOL yeah right!:)

Your car is under the knife:P

SirBells 08-04-2008 01:19 PM

i heard WTF CHUK is coming home with a whole new attitude!!!!:D:D
we need to talk!!!!:cool:

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 1982364)
LOL yeah right!:)

Your car is under the knife:P