Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

SharkWerks GT3/GT3RS Muffler Bypass Released (with videos)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Alex How many of those bypasses have you sold now There must be one installed on ever GT3/RS in America. I remember when there were only 6.
yes we've sold a few.... We're going be hearing yours a lot at the end of the month eh... Only we'll be following you in the Croc!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Here's the Orangina getting some Bypass surgery:P
She also had the ESR roll bar installed...

On her way home and a track down South

Old 09-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Good news, to the folks waiting for their kit this latest batch should be ready for shipping Friday/Monday and in the meantime here's what your car will soon be sounding like (thanks for the support!):

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...-RS_183538.htm

Old 09-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Damn, that is one cool Porsche.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:59 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Alex,

How much more HP and torque could mine be making?
If I dyno it, what do the stock GT3's show to the wheels?

The car came with the exhaust bypass, LWFW and chip, I only took it to Sebring last weekend first time.

There is plenty to learn as this is my first 911 and I'll be going to the track every other weekend for the next few months at least, but I seem to catch most GT3's on the long straight we see 145MPH @ redline in 4th. on the speedo (+/-135MPH on traqmate) at Sebring before braking for T17. I am coming out of 16 with the same speed or slower (First day at the track).

RS's have more drag, but there where a few GT3's and they all sat lower to the ground by almost 1", as mine is setup half street, half track still and the speed diffrence was noticable.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Alex,

How much more HP and torque could mine be making?
If I dyno it, what do the stock GT3's show to the wheels?

The car came with the exhaust bypass, LWFW and chip, I only took it to Sebring last weekend first time.

There is plenty to learn as this is my first 911 and I'll be going to the track every other weekend for the next few months at least, but I seem to catch most GT3's on the long straight we see 145MPH @ redline in 4th. on the speedo (+/-135MPH on traqmate) at Sebring before braking for T17. I am coming out of 16 with the same speed or slower (First day at the track).

RS's have more drag, but there where a few GT3's and they all sat lower to the ground by almost 1", as mine is setup half street, half track still and the speed diffrence was noticable.
Thanks for the feedback and the stats I have are based on cars with our bypass and the EVOMSit software. Depending upon where your flash was done I'm sure it can be updated for free to our newest release.

Here's the dynos and more specific info: http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=157

You should have something like this:

Old 09-22-2008, 07:22 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Alex, thanks for posting that.

I again spent Friday Sat and Sun at Sebring, I have a bit more power for sure, posted a few 2:28's and 2:29's still 3-4 secs off the fast guys pace.

Even if the gain would be nothing, the sound alone is so awesome it is worth it for that alone!!

With the stock exhaust you are missing a big improvement in the GT3 for little $$ IMO!!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Alex, thanks for posting that.

I again spent Friday Sat and Sun at Sebring, I have a bit more power for sure, posted a few 2:28's and 2:29's still 3-4 secs off the fast guys pace.

Even if the gain would be nothing, the sound alone is so awesome it is worth it for that alone!!

With the stock exhaust you are missing a big improvement in the GT3 for little $$ IMO!!
Thanks for the feedback and glad you you're shaving a few seconds off there! The sounds these cars can make

Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
Does the rear bumper need to be removed for the bypass on an RS?

Old 09-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Sezme
Does the rear bumper need to be removed for the bypass on an RS?
Folks have installed it without removing the bumper but we always like to since it's much easier to do and it only takes 30 mins to remove it.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for waiting guys... the next batch is off to you guys being shipped:

Old 10-08-2008, 07:38 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
OT; Alex Does Kermit know that he's not the only media star at Sharkwerks? What with the new PDK car and the rumors I have heard that James has already been tearing into that and now, I just came home and opened up this months Total 911 and what do I find?? An article on the Sharkwerks "Great White". I think maybe Kermit needs to come and stay with me for awhile where he will be cared for and worked out everyday!! Hehe!!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
OT; Alex Does Kermit know that he's not the only media star at Sharkwerks? What with the new PDK car and the rumors I have heard that James has already been tearing into that and now, I just came home and opened up this months Total 911 and what do I find?? An article on the Sharkwerks "Great White". I think maybe Kermit needs to come and stay with me for awhile where he will be cared for and worked out everyday!! Hehe!!
LOL poor Kermit. Actually he's due another round (you guys will see soon I hope). He'll be armed with this too:

But between the White car and ze Cayman Kermit's been on stand-by....

I haven't even seen that piece yet!

Last edited by sharkster; 10-08-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks for waiting guys... the next batch is off to you guys being shipped:

Looks like bags of exhaust CRACK!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Thats really nice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks GT3/GT3RS Muffler Bypass Released (with videos)