GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Pros and Cons: '04 vs '05 Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:06 PM
F40
F40 is infamous around these parts
Pros and Cons: '04 vs '05 Carrera GT

Other than the obvious (warranty, first year production, etc.) are there any other pros/cons or actual changes to the car from one year to the next? Were there any clutch changes/upgrades? Or are the two model years identical with the exception of production dates?

Old 09-26-2007, 12:07 AM
themarsman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by F40
Other than the obvious (warranty, first year production, etc.) are there any other pros/cons or actual changes to the car from one year to the next? Were there any clutch changes/upgrades? Or are the two model years identical with the exception of production dates?
There were some additional cosmetic interior options and additional color choices on the '05 CGT's, mechanically they are identical.

I had heard some talk about the clutch being different on the '04's and '05's but I can tell you that I was not able to tell any difference between mine ('04) and an '05 that I drove. They are both very easy to drive!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:42 AM
F40
F40 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for replying!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by themarsman
There were some additional cosmetic interior options and additional color choices on the '05 CGT's, mechanically they are identical.

I had heard some talk about the clutch being different on the '04's and '05's but I can tell you that I was not able to tell any difference between mine ('04) and an '05 that I drove. They are both very easy to drive!

what are the different options and colors available on the 05s??

pics?

Old 09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
bbs993tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Auctung
what are the different options and colors available on the 05s??

pics?
I believe in 05 you could get colored seat belts, different colored stitching on the seats, different colored borders on the floor mats, CF steering wheel, CF shift ****. Not sure about anything else.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:55 PM
DodgeViper01 is infamous around these parts
Never seen one with the carbon fiber accessories nor have I seen one with different color stitching. I have seen different seatbelts though.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
this looks nice.. has the yellow stiching,seatbelts,floormats and the carbon fiber shiftknob and steering.

Attached Images  
Old 09-27-2007, 12:31 PM
DodgeViper01 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MKS
this looks nice.. has the yellow stiching,seatbelts,floormats and the carbon fiber shiftknob and steering.
Very nice!

Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
the clutch is different, resale will be different, position or setting on the rear strut brace(04 have it on the stiffiest setting and 05 have it on medium. And you can assume minor software updates since the clutch is different.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:52 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Don Relentless
the clutch is different, resale will be different, position or setting on the rear strut brace(04 have it on the stiffiest setting and 05 have it on medium. And you can assume minor software updates since the clutch is different.

Was the strut brace change to reduce the "twitchyness" of the rear and make it more stable for "everyday" driving?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by daedalus
Was the strut brace change to reduce the "twitchyness" of the rear and make it more stable for "everyday" driving?
yes. infact i'm going to its softiest setting.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
not a lot of choices from the used car factory!

Old 09-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Hiper is infamous around these parts
MKS,

I need to take that CGT for a spin

Old 09-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Don Relentless

any clue on how the clutch is different??
does it engage different? last longer? stiffer? etc.....

Old 09-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Auctung
any clue on how the clutch is different??
does it engage different? last longer? stiffer? etc.....

from what i know, it wears quick, really quick. i have heard in some cases warrantee has covered a new clutch which is close to 20k. some of the early gt didnt have a bearing cover causing dirt to get in and wear quick. heard stories of clutch wear from 4k to 11k miles. the engines are bullet proof. just do a ppi $350 and theyll tell you the clutch wear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pros and Cons: '04 vs '05 Carrera GT