Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PetFrog - Phase IV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 04:53 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up PetFrog - Phase IV

Well my car is at Sharkwerks for Phase IV - Custom addition to my CarGraphic Stage V setup. Basically it's a removal of my stock muffler as you will clearly see from the pics that it can't handle the back pressure from the new setup. So now my car is gonna be 18lbs lighter and sound even louder!!

I'll have Alex talk more about what they are doing to my car and what is coming out for the ones who don't run the Cargraphic setup.

Pics of my car at Sharkwerks. (nice collection of cars!)

My stock muffler

New parts going on today/tomorrow

Videos coming tomorrow and I'm racing my car at Thunderhill Friday so will more to come as well!!

I bet my neighbors are gonna love me even more, NOT

Old 09-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
nutz...............

Old 09-26-2007, 04:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fredttx50
Well my car is at Sharkwerks for Phase IV - Custom addition to my CarGraphic Stage V setup. Basically it's a removal of my stock muffler as you will clearly see from the pics that it can't handle the back pressure from the new setup. So now my car is gonna be 18lbs lighter and sound even louder!!

I'll have Alex talk more about what they are doing to my car and what is coming out for the ones who don't run the Cargraphic setup.

Pics of my car at Sharkwerks. (nice collection of cars!)

My stock muffler

New parts going on today/tomorrow

Videos coming tomorrow and I'm racing my car at Thunderhill Friday so will more to come as well!!

I bet my neighbors are gonna love me even more, NOT
Hehe your neighbors always love you.... Indeed, we had to come up with an alternative to the stock center piece on Fred's because the Cargraphic Kit 5 wasn't blending well with the stock section. The stock section is made of very thin double-walled material so I'm not suprised it cracked like that so for the local guys with the cargraphic system we can do something similair to what Fred will have. You can't tell but the black section is the bottom piece and in the shot below you can see the top piece "cross-over" (trying to create some sort of resonance chamber for Fred's neigbors!) being test fitted. The solution seems to work well and saved about 18 pounds off of the booty.

The other stuff we're doing is fitting one of those "green" Fire Extinguisher kits. Fred gets the first one since we don't actually have our seats yet I'll post pictures shortly but the powder-coating is spot on.

On the orange RS we already installed our own exhaust bypass for the stock system which you can listen to here. It's going to Thunderhill on Friday so it will be interesting to see what he thinks:
http://videos.g33kd.net/Shark_Werks_..._preview_1.wmv

It's got the same 997GT3RS seats as Fred and the RS roll bar but was kept in black to be more stealthy. I'll post pix shortly (he's still waiting on his orange FE kit tho lol). What you can't see is from yesterday we also had a White RS, which I hadn't seen before... It'll be back soon for some work obviously so I'll take some pix then. All in all, it's been an RS-week here and as Kirby says you'll see more RS' than Camry's these days.. Dime a dozen I tell ya!

Last edited by sharkster; 09-26-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Banned
mike@evo is infamous around these parts
Looks good Fred!! Can't wait to here it at Thunderhill...

Old 09-26-2007, 08:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I wish I had words to describe how Fred's car sounds but I just don't.... The cross-over was a good idea my friend. Your neighbors might not like you but they'd hate you more had we not done that

Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 PM
P97
P97 is infamous around these parts
Isn't it time to unveil the SharkWerks exhaust for the factory header/side mufflers? Suspense is killing me.

I mean pics. Seen the great video already.

Last edited by P97; 09-26-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by P97
Isn't it time to unveil the SharkWerks exhaust for the factory header/side mufflers? Suspense is killing me.
You got it We've got three out there (the orange one) and once the orange one gets back from the track I'll post pix of the production unit... We'll be ready real soon though, I promise!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:23 PM
porschenut911 is infamous around these parts
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:32 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Fred, Are you done yet? It is fall and my Money tree stopped producing $100.00 bills two weeks ago!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:52 PM
996flt6 is infamous around these parts
What laptimes are u doing at T-hill Fred? Love the green : ). Mike

Old 09-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Fred, Are you done yet? It is fall and my Money tree stopped producing $100.00 bills two weeks ago!!!
Fred's not done yet of course not... He _needs_ to be environmentally friendly (hmm maybe not since it's halon) and have a green fire extinguisher kit (powder coating came out real good I think).

Old 09-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
So from what I see, it'll be the headers, 200 cell cats and straight out to the center tips. This has to be outrageously loud. I'm interested but I have the FVD system. Can I go for it? GT3Ranger

Old 09-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
So from what I see, it'll be the headers, 200 cell cats and straight out to the center tips. This has to be outrageously loud. I'm interested but I have the FVD system. Can I go for it? GT3Ranger
It is louder than before because but we created a cross-over and hence a chamber for resonance so it's not unbearable...How loud it is will be determined by the set up you have for headers and cats mostly. The 100 cell cats and cargraphic headers make the car already very loud so the center muffler wasn't doing very much anyways and the car was LOUD. Actually it was quite loud with a hole and cracks in four places I'd need to see the car to do anything custom like that since you have the FVD. If I can find someone local we could get a test fitment and see...

Has your center muffler given you any problems? Send me some pix of your set up if you can and I'll see what might work. Depending upon the angles we may even be able to use the center piece that we have on our car and the orange one.

Last edited by sharkster; 09-26-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:27 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
damn the backpressure blew that big of a hole?

so are you tossing the stock exhaust or try to somehow claim warranty?

Old 09-26-2007, 09:39 PM
mtalx is infamous around these parts
That has got to be loud. Any problems at the track with decibel limits?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PetFrog - Phase IV