Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo with new wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Sevas Wheels is infamous around these parts
Sevas Wheels was recently informed of an incident regarding the 22 inch Sevas S10, one of our one-piece aluminum wheels. While that particular wheel encompasses only one percent of our wheels on the road, we take the matter very seriously and are working diligently to address it. Until we are assured of its safety, Sevas has temporarily discontinued the sale of the S10. We are in the process of testing the S10 for safety and reliability and are awaiting the results from the testing facility. We value our customers; and their safety is and will always be of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we have voluntarily extended the testing to include all Sevas one-piece cast aluminum wheels to ensure that they meet the most stringent safety and quality standards. We are anxiously awaiting the results of the analysis from the testing facility in California. When we receive those results, we will make them available for our valued customers.

Sevas would like to assure our customers that our three-piece forged wheel line is made from T6061 aluminum and uses top-quality fasteners. Sevas Forged wheels are put together in the USA and was not manufactured in the same facility as the wheel in question, the S10. Sevas is dedicated to manufacturing and selling the highest quality wheels. To that end, we will consistently strive to exceed safety and quality standards in all of our wheels.

We felt that it was necessary to advise our customers of a potential problem, and let them know what measures we have taken to ensure their safety. As soon as we receive the report from the testing facility, we will make those facts available to you. We thank you for your patience.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
I call BS. They say they "exceed safety and quality standards in all of their wheels" Uhhh HELLO!!!!!!! You could have killed multiple customers and their families because you were obviously not "striving to exceed safety standards"...... Thats a serious manner.

No offense but I would never buy your wheels. Especially that I have a wonderful wife and kids that I care too much about. I hope more people are aware of this for the sake of their safety.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:16 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
BTW this "sevas wheels" guy posted the same thing at that bimmer site. The victims are posting their responses.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=224219&page=6

Old 10-19-2007, 03:06 PM
We are doing everything we can to fix this issue and the factories that build the wheels have DOT certificates. We never wanted this to happen and have opened an investigation with our factories. This investigation has been going on since our first incident. We discontinued the S10 till we get further notice from the testing facility's. We are doing everything we can to resolve this.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:16 PM
ol'school is infamous around these parts
Doesn't look too good for you Sevas Wheels.Can't really blame them,how would you feel if one of relatives was involved in a near fatal crash?Put yourself in their place mate.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
We understand where they are coming from and for us that is why we understand how they feel but we never wanted this to happen. We wanted happy customers with great looking vehicles that is why we are doing everything in our power to get to the bottum of this and rest assure we will release it to the public good or bad and if there is a problem with them we will give every last customer a new set of wheels.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Banned
lemansz20 is infamous around these parts
Hey speed appeal, I have a set of sevas forged wheels on my car and I have NO problems what so ever. DO YOU WANT TO GET DETAILED AND SMART?!?!?!?!? Im sick of your comments bashing a company when they clearly are explaining themselves and your forgetting the thousands of other customers without problems. Would you like me to tell you how SCCA banned HRE wheels from their events, b/c the wheels cracked??? I can GLADLY find that info, how bout Iforged, with their lips that bend after minor potholes, and their rivets failing( at the beginning of course, BUT it still happened) Honestly it seems like you are on a mission to bash this company, when you have no right, b/c you are not mentioning other companies problems.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Are you stupid? How much did they pay you to say that? Look at that those rims they are cracked in half and it happened while the customers were driving. Please share more info you have about other rims that have similar problems. This is educational for everyone not just myself. I'd rather be the one supporting something that is right such as saving lives. You have to have a black heart to not care. Glad to hear you have no problems with your "forged" sevas's, yet.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by speedappeal
Are you stupid? How much did they pay you to say that? Look at that those rims they are cracked in half and it happened while the customers were driving. Please share more info you have about other rims that have similar problems. This is educational for everyone not just myself. I'd rather be the one supporting something that is right such as saving lives. You have to have a black heart to not care. Glad to hear you have no problems with your "forged" sevas's, yet.

Sir,
There are actual satisfied customers out there with our product. Again this with our one piece line. We do not pay people to say anything.

Lamns,

Thank you and Glad all is well with your wheels. Again please do not worry about this issue on your forged wheels for this problem only happen with our one piece cast line.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by speedappeal

Wow, after a comment like that and you only have like 30 posts on here. Honestly you dont even deserve an educated response. Do you even own a car, besides that honda civic you have in the back?? You know nothing of the wheel game obviously, except that you can copy and paste links. How bout you stop bad mouthing companies and give them a chance to fix their problem, if they dont come through then talk all the junk you wat. I can bet they will fix the issue, as no company or person with a conscience wants to put a product out that can hurt someone.

By the way, Ive had HRE, Iforged, AND on my first car, a subaru rota wheels. They all had their own issues, HRE with a weak lip(changed under warranty), Iforged w/ the lip fading and the clear coat coming off( changed under warranty), and my rota subzeros, actually cracked on the spokes. Its life and things can happen, its how the company handles the issue after that counts.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by lemansz20
Wow, after a comment like that and you only have like 30 posts on here. Honestly you dont even deserve an educated response. Do you even own a car, besides that honda civic you have in the back?? You know nothing of the wheel game obviously, except that you can copy and paste links. How bout you stop bad mouthing companies and give them a chance to fix their problem, if they dont come through then talk all the junk you wat. I can bet they will fix the issue, as no company or person with a conscience wants to put a product out that can hurt someone.

By the way, Ive had HRE, Iforged, AND on my first car, a subaru rota wheels. They all had their own issues, HRE with a weak lip(changed under warranty), Iforged w/ the lip fading and the clear coat coming off( changed under warranty), and my rota subzeros, actually cracked on the spokes. Its life and things can happen, its how the company handles the issue after that counts.
First, read the forum links. They didn't come through!!! Maybe I don't know much about the "wheel game" but I do know that damage like what I'm seeing isn't right. Its not something you just blow off your shoulder and ignore. If you read the forum posts from the victims, they say how poor the customer service was with Sevas, how the "Scott Gibson" there blew them off over and over. Just because "Sevas Wheels" is kissing your *** doesn't necessarily mean they like you. In fact, they probably like your money more so stop kissing their ***! Thats what they should be doing right now, kissing *** if they want to stay in this so called "wheel game" and thats why their attitude on this incident has changed suddenly because the word is spreading as this happens to more people.

Second, who are you to say who and who doesn't deserve an educated response. So not only are you omniscient but you are a self appointed leader of this forum too? Oh, and you can predict what I have in my garage... thats talented!! Aren't we allowed to express our own opinions before reaching 100 posts? Please forgive me that I don't live on this forum and can't post as frequent as you.

I may not know much about the "wheel game" but I do know that supporting the apparent fact that these wheels shouldn't be on the road in sake of saving peoples lives is the right thing. I don't care about fading paint or weak lips, I care that our fellow enthusiasts are safe. Your immaturity and selfish support impresses me.

Have a great evening!!

Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Banned
I dont know if you feel big by trying to call me immature, but if you dont remember your the one who came out and called me and I quote "stupid" so dont try it. Sevas is in no way kissing my ***, I believe you dont give a rats *** bout your fellow enthusiasts. So what, you posted some links on some isolated problems, why dont you do yourself a favor and look how many customers own sevas wheels. Look how many customers own HRE's, LOOK how many customers own enkei wheels. EVERY company has had their issues, and you just seem to have it out for them, bc it seems like this is not the only forum youve posted on.

Lets forget that we have talked at all, HAVE YOU PERSONALLY experienced an issue, HAVE YOU PERSONALLY gotten both sides of the story????? NNOOO, you havent so in reality, you should have no say or opinion in sticking your noise into someone elses business. How do YOU know, that sevas actually did try and help the gentlemen? IM sorry, but in the real word theirs NEVER one side to a story. You really need to grow up and stop throwing these name calling remarks and what not. Im done with it, all Ill say is to whom ever reads this post, DO NOT KNOCK out a product till youve done your research and gotten both sides to a story.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:42 AM
I dont know if you feel big by trying to call me immature, but if you dont remember your the one who came out and called me and I quote "stupid" so dont try it. Sevas is in no way kissing my ***, I believe you dont give a rats *** bout your fellow enthusiasts. So what, you posted some links on some isolated problems, why dont you do yourself a favor and look how many customers own sevas wheels. Look how many customers own HRE's, LOOK how many customers own enkei wheels. EVERY company has had their issues, and you just seem to have it out for them, bc it seems like this is not the only forum youve posted on.

Lets forget that we have talked at all, HAVE YOU PERSONALLY experienced an issue, HAVE YOU PERSONALLY gotten both sides of the story????? NNOOO, you havent so in reality, you should have no say or opinion in sticking your noise into someone elses business. How do YOU know, that sevas actually did try and help the gentlemen? IM sorry, but in the real word theirs NEVER one side to a story. You really need to grow up and stop throwing these name calling remarks and what not. Im done with it, all Ill say is to whom ever reads this post, DO NOT KNOCK out a product till youve done your research and gotten both sides to a story.
That's interesting the way you take apart my responses and write them how you want them to appear. Definitely a great way to help support your side of the argument (which ends here) although it still seems you don't know how to read correctly. Am I wrong for expressing my opinion? Am I wrong for sharing important information that other members were obviously unaware of? That's a short breakdown of what I have contributed to this that has terribly upset you.

Now how about you do your own self a favor, take a step back and chill out keyboard cowboy because your just spinning your wheels. Unless I broke the rules doing each of those said above, I don't think you have the right sense to continue this any further, nor do I have the interest in battling back and forth kiddishly over the internet.

BTW And I'm not an undercover multiple identity trouble making super duper forum poster trying to destroy all companies via the WWW. I just follow m5board.com like the rest of the 27,000 other members on that website do. In fact, I would be happy to see this problem get resolved but I would hate to see another one of our fellow enthusiasts get into accident due to their unsafe product. Either would you, right?

By the way, i used to live in orlando but now im in miami for the next couple of years or so. I have pics of the car b/c I actually was sponsored by fabspeed and Sevas forged. I have pics without the wing and gt3 vent, but let me snap a few quick ones with my regular cam and Ill start another thread with pics of the car.
Thats your post from another thread. Now I understand why you're so persistent to protect "Sevas Wheels" - you're affiliated by sponsorship, so in a way, "Sevas Wheels" did pay you. Do you work for them now that your in Miami where Sevas is located or just sponsored by them? Regardless, I can understand why you along with "Sevas Wheels" themselves would be the only individuals on those forums trying to save the reputation for Sevas Wheels.

Last edited by speedappeal; 10-20-2007 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Banned
Yea your right they did sponsor with a good price for the wheels, YOUR POINT?? Im sorry that they wont make wheels for your pos. So since your so smart, now b/c they gave me a better price for the wheels to do a photoshoot for their company, NOW THEIR PAYING ME???? If that was true, im gonna call all the other companies and see what cars they need and maybe theyll pay me in wheels. Maybe I can live my life off wheels, and put food on the table like that. Its really not even worth to speak with someone that knows no knowledge of wheels, and only takes one side of a story and pushes it to the end.

All and all, the owner of sevas is a nice guy, has never done me wrong. As far as I know, doesnt want to do harm to anyone. Im sure he'll fix the problem and you will no longer be able to ***** out pictures of problems that you are not affiliated with. Dont speak, what you dont know. You should REALLY live by that.

If anyone wants to knock a company, dont forget to knock the rest b/c they have ALL had their problems.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:03 PM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Sevas you guys have alot of vendors that stock the S10, you guys might want to get those off the shelves before you get more horror stories! One of my buddies just bought a set of S10's from one of your largest distributors in Cali. So much for not offering it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo with new wheels