Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Have 997 TT, move to Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:21 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I wouldn't... the Turbo is superior in every way (IMHO of course), plus the Turbo will eat a Gallardo alive!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:12 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lager99
Interesting thread.
Mr. GT2...

Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
they are both badass cars. the G has road presence in spades but the 997TT beats it in almost every other category. just depends on what checks the most boxes for you personally. drive em both first. the mod friendliness of the 997TT is what does it for me. regardless of your choice, do yourself a favor and get a manual.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 AM
YellowCalliper is infamous around these parts
I had a Gallardo and my DD is a tuned C2S. The Porsche is a better all around car and as people have noted, is faster compared to a Gallardo. As a DD, A Gallardo is not going to cut it, I have tried it. For the price of a used Gallardo you can get a brand new TT with four years of warranty.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:00 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Whoever told you that they are "equal on a perfromance basis" is smoking crack. The 997TT will rip the G a new ******* in every performance category.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Whoever told you that they are "equal on a perfromance basis" is smoking crack. The 997TT will rip the G a new ******* in every performance category.
LOL!
sorry, that was just funny

Old 10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Old 10-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned
kinnsella is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PCJR

I agree, there is something about a Gallardo that makes every trip an event. It's a special car. It has a charisma that Porsche lacks.

I owned a 996 TT prior which I loved. The porsche (996/997tt) can be a daily driver, the lambo is not. The porsche may be faster, more practical, but I will never go back. It's not about the numbers, it's the way it makes you feel. The sound of the engine, the open gate shifter, its beauty. Porsches (even tt's) at least in LA are literally a dime a dozen.

If you need something practical buy a mini van.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:56 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
I would keep the turbo.. The turbo is faster, and with a few mods to the engine it will EAT the gallardo alive! But the Gallardo is a great car to.. and the noise the car makes is incredible.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
both of these cars push you back in your seat when you punch the gas, i couldnt tell the difference between 3.6 and 4.1 in 0-60 when i was driving them. the speed thing really doesnt amount to a hill of beans for me( i dont track cars)

the feeling i got driving my Gallardo was a thousand time more exhilirating than the 997TT. the G is a work of art with huge ***** and it doesnt look like every other boxster on the road.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Nobody has worse car ADD then me many can attest to that, had a 997TT was not exciting enough for me, did some wheel time in a 2007 G car hated it...just my 2 cents. 430 is the way to go

Old 10-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
Why are the Gallardo's not daily drivers? I know they aren't as good for daily driving as 911s, but why are they specifically not good for it. I drive 2.5 miles to work on a winding road. I think the G would be fine for me as it would get some driving done to keep the battery charged and the lube flowing. Then on the weekends i'd get some canyon carving done. I've always dreamed about a Lambo and at my work alone 5 guys have 911s and another is getting one soon. I'm not saying the 911 isnt' a great car
(I know it's great) , but it's not so unique.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:34 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gasman
Why are the Gallardo's not daily drivers? I know they aren't as good for daily driving as 911s, but why are they specifically not good for it. I drive 2.5 miles to work on a winding road. I think the G would be fine for me as it would get some driving done to keep the battery charged and the lube flowing. Then on the weekends i'd get some canyon carving done. I've always dreamed about a Lambo and at my work alone 5 guys have 911s and another is getting one soon. I'm not saying the 911 isnt' a great car
(I know it's great) , but it's not so unique.
I think that most consider a daily drive more than 2.5 miles a day. Stop and go heavy traffic etc...which is my senario. Then again, I wouldn't consider driving any manual trans car in my daily drive. The G is a little bit more difficult to see out from the side/rear view when compared to a 911. The lower seating position makes you feel as if you are always looking up to the other cars on the road.
Outside of that, I see no reason why a G could not be driven daily. Personally, it would take away a bit of the excitement when compared to just driving it on the weekends or after work.
It seems king of funny that the people that bash the G don't or haven't actually own one. I am a die hard 911 fan/owner for 10 years straight and there is just something the G has over ALL 911's that can't be described
or illustrated by a spec on a piece of paper.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:18 PM
LouisvilleLambo is infamous around these parts
If you are inclined to ask, you probably have made up your mind.

I also owned an '80 SC... loved it! Same Arctic Silver over black as my current model.

Dave

Last edited by LouisvilleLambo; 11-02-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:30 AM
Boulder GT3 is infamous around these parts
I think the Gallardo is harder live with as a daily driver. It's harder to get in and out of and the visability is no where close to the tt. The mechanics on the G;s are definately solid enough for a daily driver. I've had zero problems with my 6speed. I still have major question marks about the EGear cars. They are tough on clutches and the ones I've driven aren't that smooth as well as having more service issues. I'd rather have a G than a tt just for style but if it's a dd go tt.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Have 997 TT, move to Gallardo?