Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Have 997 TT, move to Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:35 AM
996TTX50JRZ is infamous around these parts
Have 997 TT, move to Gallardo?

Folks-

I have attention deficit disorder when it comes to cars. I recently drove a friend's Gallardo with e-gear, and loved the drive and look of the car.

My Porsche TT is a great daily driver and good track car. I can only afford a used Gallardo in the $150K price range. I talked with 2 Lamborghini dealers who do not sell Porsches, one of them a friend for years, the other a cold call. Both told me the same thing - the car I own now is better as a daily driver (I knew that), and that the cars are equal on a perfromance basis, with the Porsche being easier on the wallet for maintenance costs. So it comes down to how the car looks and some other differences (mid versus rear-engined, etc).

Should I consider a used but serviced 2004 Gallardo (before the changes that came in 2006), because they are in my price range, or stick with what i have and start ingesting Strattera?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
I'd say yes. The 997 is a better DD, but the Gallardo is way more fun. I'd get a manual though.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
I was/am in your boat. I was looking at 911's and then I saw that the Gallardo used but not abused is not a whole lot more than the 911tt. I decided to go Gallardo (probably buy it next year). It looks like 05 is the way to go though (front end lift, revised ecu). I guess that each year cost's about 25 percent more than they year previous(the sypder is a different category) so you have to decide if 25 percent more is worth the improvements. I'm going to go for the 6 speed.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:48 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
i would keep ther turbo and wait a few years in which then you can order your lamborghini to the spec's or colours you wish. The turbo is nice but the only drawback it doesnt sound that great compared to a gallardo.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
I have owned both, dont hesitate to buy and drive a Gallardo.

IMO, its not even close in EVERY WAY!!

looks....G
road feel....G
cost to drive....G(I was surprised too)

DO IT!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 02:58 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
g is easier to live with than a tt?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
I currently have a 997 TT which is the coolest and greatest car I have ever owned. For me the daily drivability, the somewhat subdued appearance, the rear seats combined with the awesome power, handling, and torque make it ideal.

OTOH, if I could drive a G around I would in a heartbeat. Although...I agree with Simba, get a stick...

Old 10-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
If you are going to buy an 04, i agree get a stick, but if you can bump up to a 06 or 07 get egear, the clutch has improved

Old 10-25-2007, 04:22 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Stunned by the answers so far, I thought the TT was the better car in most categories?

Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 AM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Owning one of the coolest 911's to hit the street, when it's parked next to my G, the 911 looks sort of normal, like an everday car. If you can, hold out for an '06 or newer...you won't regret it!!

Old 10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
I own a 997 TT and have driven a gallardo multiple times. If you are going to get the Gallardo, get an 06 egear. I have driven an 04 stick and the car was just really slow. The 06 is a night and day difference from an 04. As for the 997TT, it is one of best cars sports cars I have ever driven. But if you want an exotic, buy the Gallardo. If want something that drives well and is fast, the turbo is the car to buy. By the way the turbo is a quicker car than the Gallardo.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
If you have a 997TT already then I would keep it. You have an amazing car. Much better than the 04 G. Now if you are looking at the revised G, thats a different story; but still a close call. They are different animals, but both amazing. I think that the TT is more of a daily driver though. I would also only get either car in stick, but that's just my opiniion.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:50 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
I believe the Gallardo is getting a facelift soon so would wait...

Old 10-27-2007, 06:58 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by msindi
I believe the Gallardo is getting a facelift soon so would wait...

I checked up with a lamborghini dealer and they say they have no such info on that.. I too was having the same notion before I ordered my Gallardo.. Dealers are already having the 08 model,which,according to them was introduced as of August this year.. So even if a face lift is expected,it would be around July - August 08 ish..

Old 10-27-2007, 09:22 AM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Interesting thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Have 997 TT, move to Gallardo?