Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Anyone using a Gallardo as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Originally Posted by FredS4
There's a guy in montreal DD his gallardo even in winter!

Why= because he is a man!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
I think a Gallardo is a very doable DD. The clutch is edgy in traffic and slow driving and engine temp tend to go up. Costs would be high certainly, specially in the depreciation and service depts.

If you do it great. If you don't, just get a Carrera and have fun for less than half the money and trouble.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:01 PM
wittenbergj is infamous around these parts
I'm thinking an R8 might be a better option.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is infamous around these parts
it is unbelieveable how disrespectful people are!!!!! especially a supercar! .....if i had a gallardo i dout id use it for a daily driver

Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Get over it, its a car.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Curves4S is infamous around these parts
If you aren't driving your car, your car owns you. Life is fragile, a Lambo is arguable so, but should that stop you from doing what you want? Enjoy it in the best of health. I deal with the same issues (attention +/-, parking issues, other drivers, hazards, etc etc) but every driver deals with it also. From time to time i get annoyed with it but in the end, I enjoy myself more on the aggregate. **** it, its worth every second. I can't speak from experience but when I do get a Gallardo or comparable ride, I intend on DD. In the end its only money and you can't take it with you so if you can afford to, do it.

Last edited by Curves4S; 11-29-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 PM
dinko is infamous around these parts
I used to drive mine every day.. As far as the comments by "Most-Wanted" -- I tend to disagree with most of his thoughts.

I drove mine everyday for about 10 months.. and now only 3 - 4 times a week. The car is pretty much a souped up Audi.. and I don't mean that in a negative way.

My thoughts: Great for every day.

Dinko

Old 11-30-2007, 03:46 PM
hdsr09 is infamous around these parts
I just saw a guy that has 52K miles on his Blk/Blk '04 Gallardo and he drives it on a daily basis. He is in his 20's and is a "normal" guy, but just wants to "do it right" with a car while he is young. It is his only car. And I heard he always has beautiful women in his car all the time....

Originally Posted by emthree
I wonder if there's any 50k plus G's out there

Old 11-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wittenbergj
I'm thinking an R8 might be a better option.
Too bad you can't get one...

Old 12-01-2007, 07:20 PM
ALTAADAM007 is infamous around these parts
I drove my 05 G for a daily driver throughout the spring and summer. They work GREAT as a DD. I got nearly 20 mpg never skipped a beat. By FAR the second most DD exotic (assuming a 997TT is considered an exotic). Compared to my Murci I can NEVER imagine driving it every day.

The 05+ G has the lift kit, a radio that works, etc. etc. etc. Hard to beat!

Old 12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Bezzletine is infamous around these parts
I wish I could have one as a DD... One day...

Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 AM
shellx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hdsr09
I just saw a guy that has 52K miles on his Blk/Blk '04 Gallardo and he drives it on a daily basis. He is in his 20's and is a "normal" guy, but just wants to "do it right" with a car while he is young. It is his only car. And I heard he always has beautiful women in his car all the time....
52K mi!? Was this in Hawaii? How the hell do you put 52K miles on a Gallardo in Hawaii

Old 12-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
I just cracked 8K on mine but I have 3 other cars or the miles would be double. I do like to drive it alot. Awesome car, super reliable and the best daily driver exotic out there.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:36 PM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Just my personal opinion but I woud not use it as daily driver, my current F430 offers a smoother ride and easier to manuver on a daily basis than my previous Gallardo SE.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:00 PM
hdsr09 is infamous around these parts
Hehehe.... This was in Dallas when I was at Lamborghini of Dallas looking at a G... He was pulling out of the dealership... Car still runs though, and I believe he is still on the ORIGINAL CLUTCH.... I dunno if I believe that, although I guess it is possible???

Originally Posted by shellx
52K mi!? Was this in Hawaii? How the hell do you put 52K miles on a Gallardo in Hawaii

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a Gallardo as a daily driver