Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Anyone using a Gallardo as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
LouisvilleLambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kinnsella
I have 11k miles on my car....I drive it 3-5 days a week. Never had a problem....cars move over when I come up behind them. Parking was a problem....then I upped the insurance. Now if it is gone when I come back I get to buy a Murci.....there are no negatives. Far more satisifying than a Porsche, far rarer than a Ferrari 360/430. I have been a meandering sports car purchaser for many years, till this point. I have owned Porsche turbo's, an NSX, and M3's, driven Ferrari's, there is nothing like a Lamborghini.

Only other cars I would consider at this point would be a Pagani Zonda F or a Koenigsegg CCX or a used Mc Laren F1.
I almost thought this was my post.

38, had an NSX, had an M3, had a Ferrari, had/ have P cars, have a Lamborghini- "there is nothing like a Lamborghini."

My twin lives in California!

I've been really wanting to trade the 911 in for a G as a daily driver, but I need back seats for kids.

Letting them sit for long periods is more of a problem, regular driving should produce more reliability for the mileage to service yield. I try to take the Murci out as much as possible- it is such a chore.

Dave

Last edited by LouisvilleLambo; 12-12-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:23 PM
EndlessEarth is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Frissen
Exactly, a Gallardo as DD is matter of choice. As Gallardos must be 2nd but most likely 3rd or 4th cars. When I worked at Porsche in Mexico we did a study and found out Porsches down here were mostly 3rd cars. So when someone thinks of a Gallardo as DD must be by mere choice as they must have other cars to drive, is not like they are trading their Accord for the Gallardo. If you have other cars reliability becomes secondary and the only thing to assume is cost but if you can afford the Gallardo purchase cost, service, insurance and depreciation must not be much of a problem, if they are then you just can't afford it and thus can't think of it as DD.

Choice is also made in respect to needs and usage because in some cases a Gallardo just couldn't work. If you work or have kids most likely is discarded as DD.

Love the pic of your son. My kid has the same bag.

I agree with all that you say. I just put a deposit down on a Gallardo Spyder and it will be my third car (if you do not count my truck or the Volvo wagon.) I use the MINI JCW for daily duties and going into the city. I use the Porsche on the track. The Spyder is going to be for nice days and back roads.

But then again, it would be really rough to daily drive a Gallardo in New England. The salt and sand they lay down in the winter here would be brutal on it.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned
Maciej@RPM is infamous around these parts
Can anyone verify the claim on removing the bumper etc to just change the oil? Is there a write up on this? TIA

Old 12-17-2007, 04:50 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scuderia-f430
O yea, a stupid was sitting on my car having fun with another friend and when I saw the mf,he said What ???? you are leaving ??? I told him MARICON get off my car,I hate to look for a place to park.
What... The... Hell?

Old 12-17-2007, 12:44 PM
SuperVixen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Maciej@RPM
Can anyone verify the claim on removing the bumper etc to just change the oil? Is there a write up on this? TIA
Changing the oil is $500 whether you have a Gallardo, Murci, or LP. It's not a huge deal. No bumper removal, lol.

Now if you have an LP, the 15k mile service is an engine out job. It's fairly simple on a Gallardo.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Banned
Maciej@RPM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SuperVixen
Changing the oil is $500 whether you have a Gallardo, Murci, or LP. It's not a huge deal. No bumper removal, lol.

Now if you have an LP, the 15k mile service is an engine out job. It's fairly simple on a Gallardo.
I just don't know how the oil filter placement is on the motor thats all, I do all of my own work Porsche/Ferrari wise, just wasn't sure of the process of doing so on the Gallardo.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:48 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Glad I came across this thread. What is the warranty on the G? I am getting more excited on getting one as a daily driver

I heard something about the 04s having problems with E-Gear and someone said stay away..

Old 01-21-2008, 11:37 AM
ALTAADAM007 is infamous around these parts
2 yr Unlimited mileage as I remember it.

The 04's are fine if they have been sorted. As with ANY first year car, there are generally a few bugs. But the 05's had issues with the lift system as well. So they aren't perfect either.

I saw a BEAUTIFUL Blue 04 at www.gpimports.com on Saturday. Gorgeous car and reasonable price. Very low miles, clean CarFax and just been through the shop.

No matter what you get, you will love the car!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:09 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
I'd see no problem since most of my daily driving i'm by myself, use garages, or large open lots, and carry very little with me in the car...except when I would want to ride the bike Really depends on what you need in a car on a daily basis...Go for it and let us know!

Last edited by eshaun; 01-21-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:28 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eshaun
I'd see no problem since most of my daily driving i'm by myself, use garages, or large open lots, and carry very little with me in the car...except when I would want to ride the bike Really depends on what you need in a car on a daily basis...Go for it and let us know!

Thats cool as ****

Old 01-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Banned
kinnsella is infamous around these parts
[/quote]

Where do I get one of those???

Old 01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
That bike rack is f*in awesome.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:13 AM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
haha...its not exactly in the yakima catalogue, but i'm sure you can make something work if you really want to with the myriad of components they offer

just to be clear the G is not mine (yet), just a photo I came across

Originally Posted by kinnsella

Where do I get one of those???

Old 01-26-2008, 12:50 PM
hill6666 is infamous around these parts
The 911 is the car for every day driving, but there is nothing more beautiful on the raod than a Gallardo.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:13 PM
JasonE30M3 is infamous around these parts
I say DD if you want to. it's only a car and if you have the means go for it.

I was walking out of the mall on Thursday and saw a Bently CGT parked right up front. wheels were all curbed up and dirty. same price range just a little less attention than the G.

Do it!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a Gallardo as a daily driver