Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Looking for a 94-97 Diablo VT or SV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:24 AM
krypto is infamous around these parts
Buddy-

My name is Bill Nuccio Jr from Fox Valley Motorcars. I am happy that I was given a nice positive introduction. We have been a Lotus and Lamborghini dealer here in Chicago since 1995. We know our way around the cars and do have several cars in stock. We do have a few SV's including the one Brian posted up. Otherwise I have a client of mine looking to move his 94 Diablo Red/blk with 26 kilometers on it, or about 14k miles. He has had several Diablos and just has not had the time to drive it lately. So let me know if I can be of help to you. Either way since you will be in Chicago on Wednesday, I would be happy to set up an appoinment at our new Lamborghini facility in Westmont, IL. That is where we now hold most of our Lamborghini inventory. You can see that at www.lamborghinichicago.com

One way or the other, Italian cars are beautiful and can be finicky, but well worth to own. Feel free to PM me and we can chat further. Good luck in your search.

Bill Nuccio Jr
Fox Valley Motorcars
630-231-3400

Old 12-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Banned
kinnsella is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tpup
Hey Buddy,

The terms "Diablo" and "drive the heck out of it" don't play well together. I owned a 94 Diablo which was the most beautiful car I've ever owned. I bought it out of a collection with 1K miles on it. It was a POS. The door handle broke, it leaked oil, and repairs were stupid expensive. For example, a small oil leak and a clutch replacement (the clutchs on the older cars seem to be made of plastic...) was $15K. If you plan on driving one a lot I'd be very careful.

That being said Fox Valley is the Lambo dealer in Chicago. Bill Nuchio is the owner and he will give the the straight story on the cars. One of the few honest guys in the car business.

Good luck man.

Roy

ps. if you want Italian, buy a Ferrari
Couldn't agree more.....the Waterford crystal my mother owns (she is Irish) is more durable than pre/post Chrysler Lambos.

The total cost of ownership will cost you less by buying a newer car. Plus it will be faster.

Last edited by kinnsella; 12-11-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:03 PM
V TACH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kinnsella
Couldn't agree more.....the Waterford crystal my mother owns (she is Irish) is more durable than pre/post Chrysler Lambos.

The total cost of ownership will cost you less by buying a newer car. Plus it will be faster.
I disagree. If you factor in the depreciation of the Audi Lambos (especially the Gallardo) you essentially lose nothing by buying a "Chrysler" Lambo. Many G's have gone down about $10-20k/year--it would take a lot of maintenance on a Chrysler Lambo to beat that.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is infamous around these parts
Old 12-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned
kinnsella is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by V TACH
I disagree. If you factor in the depreciation of the Audi Lambos (especially the Gallardo) you essentially lose nothing by buying a "Chrysler" Lambo. Many G's have gone down about $10-20k/year--it would take a lot of maintenance on a Chrysler Lambo to beat that.
Diablos are depreciating as well, admittedly more slowly now than a newer Gallardo. I am curious what the annual depreciation is on a Diablo.

Based on what I have heard you could easily burn through $10k-$20k a year maintaining a Diablo if you use it (i.e. 7k-10k miles a year). My dealer says that are significantly less reliable, require more frequent and more expensive routine maintenance. Plus they are significantly more expensive to fix they do break down. Not that any Lamborghini is cheap to fix.

Overall I would think the total cost of ownership would be at best a push, probably favouring the Gallardo IMHO.

I would always go with the newer car all things being said. They are safer, better fit and finish, better ergonmics, more reliable and less expensive to maintain and easier to service. Plus they don't look as dated. I am not a big fan of the pop headlights/large rear wings the earlier cars had.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:35 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I heard that someone got a really sweet 1999 Yellow SV from Lambo Chicago that was a perfect car!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buddyg
I heard that someone got a really sweet 1999 Yellow SV from Lambo Chicago that was a perfect car!
I guess we are going to need pics and a driving impression when you get it and have time..........Oh and BTW, I guess Congratulations is in order!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buddyg
Yeah, I heard the news today

It's sad to see such a nice car go out like that Oh well Buddy, there is always greener grass on the other side.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Griff is infamous around these parts
My buddy has a yellow diablo he might part with. I'll check and report back.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by krypto
Buddy-

My name is Bill Nuccio Jr from Fox Valley Motorcars. I am happy that I was given a nice positive introduction. We have been a Lotus and Lamborghini dealer here in Chicago since 1995. We know our way around the cars and do have several cars in stock. We do have a few SV's including the one Brian posted up. Otherwise I have a client of mine looking to move his 94 Diablo Red/blk with 26 kilometers on it, or about 14k miles. He has had several Diablos and just has not had the time to drive it lately. So let me know if I can be of help to you. Either way since you will be in Chicago on Wednesday, I would be happy to set up an appoinment at our new Lamborghini facility in Westmont, IL. That is where we now hold most of our Lamborghini inventory. You can see that at www.lamborghinichicago.com

One way or the other, Italian cars are beautiful and can be finicky, but well worth to own. Feel free to PM me and we can chat further. Good luck in your search.

Bill Nuccio Jr
Fox Valley Motorcars
630-231-3400
I'll vouch for Fox Valley as well....I bought 3 Esprits and a near new (300 mile) 03 996 Turbo from them over the years...fantastic to deal with and very fair. After the first deal, all subsequent purchases were shipped down by them and they picked up the trade in vehicle on my word of honour...amazing !

Bill, this is Jas by the way...hope you guys are doing well up there !

Old 12-14-2007, 02:26 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Griza
I guess we are going to need pics and a driving impression when you get it and have time..........Oh and BTW, I guess Congratulations is in order!!!
Not me brother some Buddy else!

Old 12-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Thats awesome you bought the car I posted!

enjoy!!