Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

TT Gallardo vs TT Viper (video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Banned
Hovik is infamous around these parts
TT Gallardo vs TT Viper (video)

Guess who wins...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4I2RgG4QlJw

Write up from the driver of the Viper.

Gary Javo's writeup of the race:

The Incredible Lamborghini:
I have to stop the story to make note of something profound. My friend Jerry dropped his yellow 6-speed Gallardo off to Heffner a couple of months ago to be twin turbocharged. It was completed Friday night. The car makes just shy of 900 horsepower to the wheels, and it is all wheel drive! Jason took me with him on its maiden voyage on Friday night. We took it out on the streets and cruised around for a few minutes. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. It ran like Ray’s stock G. Jason looked at me and said “hold on to your ***!” He nailed it in second and that’s when I experienced something totally new to me. The car exploded to life making all kinds of wonderful and intoxicating noises. Turbos spooling, blow off valves cycling, an exotic v-10 screaming to 8,000 rpm’s. The car made instant boost and immediately annihilated all four tires in an incredible display of forward propulsion. The car screamed through the power band so quickly that Jason briefly pinged the rev limiter at the top of second. As he quickly grabbed third, I experienced another incredible automotive first. The car lightly hazed all four tires through third gear! I could feel the car slowly shift around in the lane as the tires attempted to put the power to the pavement. For the first time in a long time, I was truly in awe of a car’s performance.

Clash Of The Titans:
Fast forward back to Saturday night at Jason’s shop. We are all sitting around the shop and we decided to see how bad Jerry’s TT-G would stack up against Ray’s new stock G. Germaine jumped in the passenger seat of Big Red armed with a camera. We headed off to a private test facility that Jason had access to. The two G’s lined up and made a go of it. Obviously, the turbo car ran away. I decided to line up next to it. I was in the left lane and Jason was in the right lane. We slowed to about 30mph or so. We didn’t really plan this out, so I wasn’t sure how we were going to start the race. After a few seconds Jason nailed it lighting up all four tires in second. Things weren’t quite as eventful for me. Big Red was a little low in the power band (still sporting the long 2.72 gears from the Texas mile) and it took a moment to spool the big 76mm turbos. By the time I got into boost, the TT-G was about a car out and pulling HARD! Big Red came into boost and pulled hard through 2nd gear. I efficiently grabbed third and the power started to pour on. At the end of third, about the time most cars would be getting a royal *** whoopin’, I was shocked to see the G still well out in front. I quickly grabbed fourth and the full 1100rw came on strong. We both let out around 130mph or so with the G still several cars out. In that race, on that night, Big Red fell to one incredible Lamborghini!

Would it have been closer if he had not been given the hit? Yes. Could my car have performed better if we had started at a higher speed so I could have spooled more quickly? Yes, but even with those two changes, I am not completely confident that I could have won that race. At those speeds, on the street, using true street tires, it is my opinion that you would be hard pressed to find a car that can run with that twin turbo Gallardo. I think that there is no denying that Big Red is a high speed monster. There would be no competition in a 1-mile race, 100-220mph race, or at the drag strip, where maximum power is king. On the street, however, traction is king, and the TT-G has plenty to spare. In my opinion, this is one of the best street cars I have ever experienced. I am just glad that if I had to lose to anyone, it was to Jason driving Jerry’s car.

Thanks Gary!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:47 AM
dicoomafia is infamous around these parts
"he whiped my ***"

he sure did.........

Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 AM
g-force is infamous around these parts
Same stuff I'm getting in Spider..should be ready next week..

and here is pass Gary made in another TT Viper

http://www.garyjavo.com/videos/2007%...n/8.57pass.wmv

Old 12-18-2007, 09:05 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
889whp. Amazing.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is infamous around these parts
that gallardo is amazing

Old 12-18-2007, 10:39 AM
ActionJaxon is infamous around these parts
That came as a surprise...or the viper did not look like it was trying.

Built TT viper's run consistand 8 second 1/4 times...The fastest a TT G ever went was like a high 10?

Old 12-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned
Hovik is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ActionJaxon
That came as a surprise...or the viper did not look like it was trying.

Built TT viper's run consistand 8 second 1/4 times...The fastest a TT G ever went was like a high 10?
I don't think you took the time to read the write up. The driver of the viper explains exactly what happened.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Mr. Vroom is infamous around these parts
Nice first kill for the Super TT Gallardo! I am sure this will be the first of many more....

Old 12-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Tommy6030 is infamous around these parts
That car is very impressive! We all know how tought those TT Vipers are. Nice work!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:32 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
amazing! So this is almost 900 at the rear wheels? Whats the comp ratio with the rebuilt engine? How much boost and what kind of gas is this on?

Old 12-18-2007, 03:15 PM
FredS4 is infamous around these parts
Wow, the race lasts 5 seconds. I want more!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 PM
g-force is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by geetee
amazing! So this is almost 900 at the rear wheels? Whats the comp ratio with the rebuilt engine? How much boost and what kind of gas is this on?
compression lowered to 9 to 1.most likely race gas as
this what was used for dyno run.probably 11 lbs boost.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:51 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by g-force
compression lowered to 9 to 1.most likely race gas as
this what was used for dyno run.probably 11 lbs boost.
Race gas as in 100?110? If those are the numbers with 11 pounds, how come your not turning it up to 15+ with some c16? I dont think traction would be much of an issue compared to a front engine rear wheel drive.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:25 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
48 seconds of text... 2 seconds of race... great

silly viper

Old 12-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by geetee
Race gas as in 100?110? If those are the numbers with 11 pounds, how come your not turning it up to 15+ with some c16? I dont think traction would be much of an issue compared to a front engine rear wheel drive.
its better to learn to walk before you run. it's a very exspensive car and a very sensitive industry. his ego is not getting the best of him, instead of trying to make the worlds balliest 25 lbs of boost rocket ship he wants to slowly find out the cars durability. lets be honiest if he blew an engine people would be pointing fingers and looking the other way. different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by Don Relentless; 12-19-2007 at 08:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TT Gallardo vs TT Viper (video)