Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

e gear or Manual - Superleggera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
As much as a manual/purist car guy I am, the E-gear is simply SO MUCH FUN IMO!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:24 PM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jeff SD
I've always been a big advocate for 6 speed's. But after driving an SL i'd reccomend an E-Gear.
The car is an absolute blast to drive with E-Gear.

couldn't say it any better!

Old 01-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
As much as a manual/purist car guy I am, the E-gear is simply SO MUCH FUN IMO!
You realize, of course, your car is getting a Girlie Girl Racing sticker for that remark.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
georgegv is infamous around these parts
Egear vs Manual SL

After owning both an 04 and 06 SE equipped egear, I must side with the egear! I've driven the SL with egear and it is the best yet. I don't know how anyone can say that driving a car with an archaic stick is more like really driving. Look at F1 for example. The paddle shift technology came from there. The quickest shifting gearbox is by far the egear! If someone says they can shift the same with a standard box, they are dreaming!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by georgegv
After owning both an 04 and 06 SE equipped egear, I must side with the egear! I've driven the SL with egear and it is the best yet. I don't know how anyone can say that driving a car with an archaic stick is more like really driving. Look at F1 for example. The paddle shift technology came from there. The quickest shifting gearbox is by far the egear! If someone says they can shift the same with a standard box, they are dreaming!
what a ridiculous statement. yes, your automatic is more like "really driving" than using your own skill to operate a clutch. these types of transmissions are band-aid's for those without the skill to operate a true manual gearbox imo.

ps. F1 uses paddle gearbox's because they run 4+G in corners and -6G under braking. when your road car has that capability you can use that argument.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:58 PM
SuperVixen is infamous around these parts
I prefer manual in most sports car except in a Lambo. I've driven both 6 speed and e-gear. E-gear seems more responsive and fun. It doesn't hesitate at all for me. Sport mode is fun, but you need to be careful because there is no rev limiter.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
TTurbonegro is infamous around these parts
manual...did they even make an e gear before Kobe Bryant ordered one for his wife a few years ago???

Old 01-03-2008, 10:09 PM
georgegv is infamous around these parts
Egear vs Manual SL

Hey, sorry for my "ridiculous statement" about how driving the egear is better. The egear is what I consider to be more of a "high tech" item compared to your everday clutch and stick. I do drive a Formula 2 car that has a clutch and two of my other street cars are manual, but I don't go around telling people they're ridiculous in their opinons!
The guy wanted to know our take on the SL and that was my take.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by georgegv
but I don't go around telling people they're ridiculous in their opinons!
what was ridiculous was the statement you made which i highlighted. you are, of course, entitled to your own opinion regarding egear vs. manual.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
I own a 08 SL with an E-Gear and this trans IMO is the only way to go . The car is a rip in the E-Gear.The shifts are so much improved over the previous E-Gears.My everyday car is an M5 with a 6 speed manual. I had an M5 with the SMG and that tranny sucked big time for street use.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:47 AM
motorsportnick is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sftobr
I own a 08 SL with an E-Gear and this trans IMO is the only way to go . The car is a rip in the E-Gear.The shifts are so much improved over the previous E-Gears.My everyday car is an M5 with a 6 speed manual. I had an M5 with the SMG and that tranny sucked big time for street use.
Its official.

E-Gear is the winner. He drove an orange E-Gear today and fell in love. On top of that from what he was told it would be pretty tough to get a Manual at this point, unless someone had an order that could be changed. He really loves the E-Gear though.

Now the debate is Orange or Yellow, both are availible.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 AM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
I went down to OC Lamborghini and talked to almost everyone there and hands down, EGear is the fastest, more reliable and most accurrate cluth to go with. Its the new and best technology yet. I'm also in the market for a Supperleggera that was another reason why I was down there.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:48 AM
jeci is infamous around these parts
I am usual a Pure manual guy, but until I got Triptronic S! It s awesome, I guess that E Gear is even better!

I say E Gear!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jeci
I am usual a Pure manual guy, but until I got Triptronic S! It s awesome, I guess that E Gear is even better!
Oh boy. Not sure what to say about that.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by jeci

I say E Gear!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: e gear or Manual - Superleggera