Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Who finances their Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alex911s
btw, I borrow money from Kirby as well, that's why everytime i buy,lease,rent a car that i cant afford, i have to buy him lunch
That DINNER! Don't get cheap on me

Old 01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Banned
kinnsella is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gasman
I know people that have done it. It takes a good accountant, but you can do it. For instance I could justify (at least partially) a fast car because part of my business model included getting place quick

I highly doubt the IRS would go for that......

Personally any accountant that lets you do that is giving you bad advice. I would call that a MASSIVE red flag on your return.

My question would be why risk it. It will probably guarantee an audit which may open up a whole other can of worms.

Last edited by kinnsella; 01-21-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by globalm3
My ****ing accountant is super conservative she said even if I put my logo on the car I cant write anything off... WTF do i need a new accountant?
Your accountant is trying to keep you from being audited.......writing off a Lamborghini is a first class ticket to the front of the audit line.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
What about partial write off, some of the total lease cost? People write off s class benzes that lease for 1500, so why not a lambo?

Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gasman
What about partial write off, some of the total lease cost? People write off s class benzes that lease for 1500, so why not a lambo?
again you are raising your profile....it's not worth it.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:51 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
Ya i thought down that road once and its stupid, cant afford it cash, dont do it. It will bite you in the *** in the long run, at least for me it would, i buy cars to drive the **** out of them, **** i put 22000 miles on my 996 in a matter of 6 months lol... That wouldnt work... 12 years?

Old 01-22-2008, 07:56 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
^12 years??!! Are there really such car loans? No wonder some ppl compare that to financing a home! Wow...

Old 01-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
My ****ing accountant is super conservative she said even if I put my logo on the car I cant write anything off... WTF do i need a new accountant?
I have a very aggressive accountant who threads many needles for me. He also has several clients who are celebs and pro athletes, and he has told me that any return that tries to write off yachts, jets or exotic cars is a major red flag. Even if you could get the IRS to buy off on the expense write off, you still end up with an audit. Why risk it?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tranquility
^12 years??!! Are there really such car loans? No wonder some ppl compare that to financing a home! Wow...
Ya isnt that just stupid? its a car... 99% of them depreciate.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:33 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by evo911
Ya isnt that just stupid? its a car... 99% of them depreciate.
u'd be surprised how many people are doing that. can u say love is blind?

most people don't keep it longer than a year though as far as i know.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Dont most big corp. write off yachts for entertaining clients? And a jet should be a write off if you use it to travel to destinations?

Old 01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Dont most big corp. write off yachts for entertaining clients? And a jet should be a write off if you use it to travel to destinations?
You mean kinda like the Regas guys from Adelphia Cable, flying their Ho's around on their jet and claimed business? Both father and son were sentenced to hard time for tax fraud. Everybody knows to get your Ho's local...never fly them on your jet!

Old 01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Go ahead I dare you.....

Old 01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
lol damn I just asked..

I wont be owning one soon so nothing to worry about

Old 01-22-2008, 05:40 PM
vdavie is infamous around these parts
car

I write off my Lambo through my company. NEVER, EVER use Putnam Leasing!

v

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who finances their Gallardo?