Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

any superleggeras???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Gilhart Racing is infamous around these parts
My first post was a little vague so here you go.

I've driven both SL's w/ the ceramic and w/ the steel brake rotors. What I've found is the SL w/ the ceramics brakes didn't allow me to modulate the pedal under easy braking driving on city streets. As I pushed on the pedal nothing happened for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the pedal travel then all of the sudden the brakes grabbed real hard.

The SL w/ the steel rotors, which I happen to have one , has excellent pedal modulation w/ the brake pedal travel feeling progressive from the onset.

I traded in a GT2 P-car w/ ceramics and the braking was excellent. They were very progressive similar to the steel rotors of my SL.

Maybe not all SL's w/ ceramics have these symptoms but I've experienced it first hand as well as read about it afterwards.

Could it be some air in the lines, that's almost what it felt like to me.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Old 02-04-2008, 11:23 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
""... brake pedal, which is quite the nastiest, snathiest thing I've ever experience on a high performance car. Then there's the slightly clunky transmission, the stodgy steering, and the general feeling of weightiness. THe one thing it doesn't feel is superlagerra or indeed, much of a step up from a regular gallardo". (EVO car of the year 2007)"

That was my impressions EXACTLY, I mean I liked the car a lot, 50x more then a regular Gallardo (07 that I had good time in) ..

But the steering shows its weight badly, the brakes are like an on and off switch, you can't really modulate the pedal, it stops HARD when it stops, very abrupt.. And the gearbox? If egear clunky but I love it

Old 02-04-2008, 11:24 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gilhart Racing
My first post was a little vague so here you go.

I've driven both SL's w/ the ceramic and w/ the steel brake rotors. What I've found is the SL w/ the ceramics brakes didn't allow me to modulate the pedal under easy braking driving on city streets. As I pushed on the pedal nothing happened for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the pedal travel then all of the sudden the brakes grabbed real hard.

The SL w/ the steel rotors, which I happen to have one , has excellent pedal modulation w/ the brake pedal travel feeling progressive from the onset.

I traded in a GT2 P-car w/ ceramics and the braking was excellent. They were very progressive similar to the steel rotors of my SL.

Maybe not all SL's w/ ceramics have these symptoms but I've experienced it first hand as well as read about it afterwards.

Could it be some air in the lines, that's almost what it felt like to me.

Hope this helps.

Rick
WOW Rick, we posted at the same time, and guess what, we think a like its scary

Old 02-08-2008, 03:22 PM
MKTURBO is infamous around these parts
yep right here is a member with superleggera........when i get a chance i'll post a thread with specs and pictures

Old 02-14-2008, 03:14 AM
ItaLianFiXaTion is infamous around these parts
havent had any problems with my supperleggera. my brakes work fine, both my brake and gas pedals are pretty sensitive actually. my egear is smooth too. but look now, ive probably jinxed myself. better call my dealer and tell them ill be in this week..haha