Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

iFORGED WHEELS BAD???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
my i forged wheels on my cars. 18s for my mercedes and 19s for my porsche.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:49 PM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Wow i can't belive im' saying this but the benz looks way sweeter than the P-car... wow i said it!... Both are great rides none the less!

Old 02-03-2008, 01:52 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sharkster
Correct they ended up actually being Kinesis!
And those Kinesis wheels that failed had been painted, stripped and then powdercoated while being used on and off the track. The story surrounding those wheels went a mile deep...

Old 02-04-2008, 06:51 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
And those Kinesis wheels that failed had been painted, stripped and then powdercoated while being used on and off the track. The story surrounding those wheels went a mile deep...
I would think so. Kinesis has a history of building amazing wheels, so its unlikely that it would just happen to fail. Not that its impossible, but just not likely.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
V8HAHA is infamous around these parts
Iforged has had problems with their clear coat and wheel's fading to a dull yellow... but I think they started using the same clear coat as HRE and no longer have the problem..

IMO, iforged wheels are knock off's of HRE. If you look at each design, every single one of them look like a HRE wheel... For the money you're paying, i'd pay a lil more and get the real thing... HRE's

Old 02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned
mbphreak is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by V8HAHA
Iforged has had problems with their clear coat and wheel's fading to a dull yellow... but I think they started using the same clear coat as HRE and no longer have the problem..

IMO, iforged wheels are knock off's of HRE. If you look at each design, every single one of them look like a HRE wheel... For the money you're paying, i'd pay a lil more and get the real thing... HRE's
Can be argued both ways: "Why pay more, when you can get the same look for less?"

iForgery is thriving because of the above. To each his own.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:18 PM
PIXC55 is infamous around these parts
I PERSONALLY im not a faker...... you can buy a rolex or you can buy a 50 knockoff from canal st,but it looks the same !!!!! but knowing that i have something knockoff is a little disturbing to me.Sure it looks the same as a HRE,they bit all the models!!!!!.But the only thing they cant bite is the quality. I will stick with the real deal even if i pay more.But i will sleep good at night knowing that my clearcoat will be on the wheels in the morning when i go in the garage.

Originally Posted by mbphreak
Can be argued both ways: "Why pay more, when you can get the same look for less?"

iForgery is thriving because of the above. To each his own.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
TT23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PIXC55
I PERSONALLY im not a faker...... you can buy a rolex or you can buy a 50 knockoff from canal st,but it looks the same !!!!! but knowing that i have something knockoff is a little disturbing to me.Sure it looks the same as a HRE,they bit all the models!!!!!.But the only thing they cant bite is the quality. I will stick with the real deal even if i pay more.But i will sleep good at night knowing that my clearcoat will be on the wheels in the morning when i go in the garage.

CHEAP **** ALWAYS COST DOUBLE.... THATS WHY I BUY THE BEST... FOR 500.00 WHO IS COUNTING PENNIES??? SOME PEOPLE JUST RATHER BUY JUNK AND HAVE MONEY TO PUT GAS I GUESS... CANT WAIT TO GET MY NEW HRES!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned
mbphreak is infamous around these parts
I understand your sentiments to the letter.

I personally have never owned a set of iForgeries, just sharing one of the more obvious reasons why iForgery is still around.

Wheels I've purchased in the past have only been:
HREs, Kinesis, BBS, and Volks

giving "Work Wheels" a try for my S5

Old 02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by V8HAHA

Lets compare:

iForged Full set of rims: $3500-$4000k?

HRE full set of rims: $5000-$7000k?

iForged still offers larger lip sizes (1-2" larger) than HRE and for the price point no company can touch them.

Hre's are amazing wheels, if you've got the money go for it! As far as finishing to my understanding HRE still sends out all their wheels for PC, only Polishing is done in house.

iForged finish issues on their brushed aluminum was due to their liquid clear coat, they have not moved to a full ceramic dura clear *(must stronger)* and looks alot better.

Some wheels that dont look like HRE's at all that iForged offers are the Daytona's, Astras, VIP label wheels, Track Edition.

Originally when the company(iForged) started their wheel designs reflected HRE's quite a bit but still there were differences like the center hub area around the lugs was not pushed in, the rivets went around the entire wheel not just 5 per spoke, oh and the center cap! How could we forget that...

haha

I think both companies are now starting to shift in different directions and do their own thing!

HRE has the new 790R line which offers more detail within the wheel, color options on window pockets, larger lip sizes and more aggressive offsets.

I wouldn't say that one company is another companies knock off, you have to keep in mind at the end of they day they do practice the same business of manufacturing custom forged wheels, but it all boils down to what you want your car to look like.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:40 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
There are lot's of guys on clublexus.com that have used iForged. There have been a few issues. Quite a few with customer service if you buy direct but much better through a reputable dealer.
There have been quality issues too, some cracked wheels right out of the box, finish issues, weld bead issues.........but most people are absolutely happy. The wheels look good and do the job. They are true forged wheels and I would take a chance on them.

On the other hand I'm waiting for my new Work wheels to get here! There's a lot to be said for peace of mind.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Just thought i'd share a few of my friends cars on iForged Wheels:

Old 02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Originally Posted by lsbe36

iForged Full set of rims: $3500-$4000k?

HRE full set of rims: $5000-$7000k?
I would spend up to $10,000 on wheels/tires to get the best quality. Its not about price, its about quality. HRE offers the best quality. If you want cheap rims, then there is always
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29

If your going to spend the money, spend the extra few bucks and do it right. avoid all these issues with wheels falling part and peeling finishes.

Last edited by speedappeal; 02-07-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:47 AM
PIXC55 is infamous around these parts
YOU CANT COMPARE the r&d that HRE puts into their wheels to iforged..... They are doing everything in house they dont go through a 3rd party, probably in the same factory in china where my socks were made. Thats why you pay a little more.another thing i dont understand is if you have a lambo and other expensive exotics why would you go the cheap route on wheels ? Its like a armani suit with steve madden shoes and white socks lol

Last edited by PIXC55; 02-08-2008 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
YOU CANT COMPARE the r&d that HRE puts into their wheels to iforged..... They are doing everything in house they dont go through a 3rd party, probably in the same factory in china where my socks were made. Thats why you pay a little more.another thing i dont understand is if you have a lambo and other expensive exotics why would you go the cheap route on wheels ? Its like a armani suit with steve madden shoes and white socks lol
HRE does not manufacture their outter and inner rim lips! They buy those from another source. All they do in house is the polishing and manufacturing of the center face.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iFORGED WHEELS BAD???