Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo vs 997 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:01 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
It all comes down to what you want. If you want a fast car, buy the turbo. If you want a flashy car, buy the gallardo.

From my experience: I had a 996 TTs modded pretty well, sure it was fast, but once I drove a gallardo spyder I was sold. Sure from time to time it sucks to have the "slower" car, but it makes up for it when the sound of the V10 cuts in and people just stop and stare.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:33 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
^ Pictures of your red Spyder ASAP PLEASE!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=115658

And happy 996th post.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts

Old 02-14-2008, 11:53 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
i dont know what kind of crack some of you are smoking
ive sold both, and driven both, hands on

the 997tt will leave a gallardo bus lengths...

Old 02-14-2008, 12:10 PM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
they are both different and serve 2 different purposes...the TT is definately a daily driver. If you are going to own 2 cars these are the 2 to own...

Old 02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Yes, if I had room in my garage and a larger bank account:

Turbo Porsche
LP 640
S 600 Benz

Old 02-14-2008, 09:30 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Considering an average mile 2005 Gallardo goes for similar prices as a new 997TT, to get an '07 G for the same $$$ as should be a no-brainer. The only '07's I've seen go in the $140k range that a well optioned turbo sells for had accident damage or VERY high miles.
Sorry, I know this is a Porsche forum, but between the two, Gallardo all the way.
IMO, the performance/acceleration value argument is moot since there's cars costing half what a 997TT does that go just as fast, or faster (Case in point, Z06 Vette) and have more advanced drivetrains/computers (GT-R is still a performance bargain compared to 997TT even with the expected ~$25k markups)

This is not definitely not a numbers/performance argument, but more of an emotional one.

If you can truly get the Gallardo for that cheap but have your heart set on a turbo: buy it, flip it, buy a Turbo and pocket the difference. Gallardos are hot right now and are still bringing very strong money, even in this ****ty market. Turbos, along with the regular 911's, have become more like commodities and will have a steeper depreciation curve than the Bull.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by medici78
Considering an average mile 2005 Gallardo goes for similar prices as a new 997TT, to get an '07 G for the same $$$ as should be a no-brainer. The only '07's I've seen go in the $140k range that a well optioned turbo sells for had accident damage or VERY high miles.
Sorry, I know this is a Porsche forum, but between the two, Gallardo all the way.
IMO, the performance/acceleration value argument is moot since there's cars costing half what a 997TT does that go just as fast, or faster (Case in point, Z06 Vette) and have more advanced drivetrains/computers (GT-R is still a performance bargain compared to 997TT even with the expected ~$25k markups)

This is not definitely not a numbers/performance argument, but more of an emotional one.

If you can truly get the Gallardo for that cheap but have your heart set on a turbo: buy it, flip it, buy a Turbo and pocket the difference. Gallardos are hot right now and are still bringing very strong money, even in this ****ty market. Turbos, along with the regular 911's, have become more like commodities and will have a steeper depreciation curve than the Bull.

Very well said! Cheers.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
thats why i kept both ......but ask your self ..you want speed or pimp ...stock to stock ...then youll answer the question thats why i kept both ....lol...

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:01 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by medici78

Finally, a spot-on comment, and from a Porsche owner no less. Of course Lambo>Porsche. It's really a no-brainer, although personally I wouldn't buy anything used.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:05 PM
geeman14 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
i dont know what kind of crack some of you are smoking
ive sold both, and driven both, hands on

the 997tt will leave a gallardo bus lengths...
I have a G spyder and a Porsche (non turbo). I don't dispute that the turbo has great performance characteristics, but it isn't even close when it comes to the wow factor. I have driven side-by-side with a porsche in my G. The porsche doesn't even get a second look! In so cal a Porsche is like a Honda. Everyone has one, and even if it is a Turbo, your average Joe has no idea what to look for to tell the difference.

I do love both cars, but when you hear the wail of that V10 with a modified exhaust, there simply is no contest.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:03 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Same price...then I'd buy the G. With the savings, you could sell it in a year for the same price (but the faster TT will also depreciate faster). PM me if you decide to pass on the G.