Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 08:44 AM
blkf430 has a spectacular aura aboutblkf430 has a spectacular aura about
after looking at the money that i'll be throwing

i decided to buy a used carrera S for 58,000$ with 20,000miles and the rest of the money i'll let my father invest for me

peace

Old 03-01-2008, 09:02 AM
djmiroku is infamous around these parts
"Porsches suck"

"I bought a Carrera S"

Good one

Show us some pictures please. Even if it's not the biggest attention getter, people here would still like to see it I'm sure!

Old 03-01-2008, 09:15 AM
i know they suck, but what after reading through this thread who would buy a car

Old 03-01-2008, 09:18 AM
they're design hasn't changed for a 100 years, but they're good daily drivers.

it's just a few years and then i'll get rid of it

Old 03-01-2008, 09:36 AM
to each his own my friend, if u were in my shoes you would've committed suicide along ago. instead, of getting any support your bashing me because i wanted a gallardo. yet u keep telling me u dont deserve it , so in order to be worthy of car , you must a real estate agent and aged between 32-38. to get your stamp of approval. hell it's my mistake, starting this thread from the beginning i've shoul've gotten whatever i wanted rathar than listening to you guys, who are just envious. i dont know why, it's just a freakin gallardo 2 peieces of metal welded together and slaped an engine into it. and again with the age thingy, hell my family is wealthy and i'm proud of it, if you think i'm a dady's boy than so be it, at least i'll be getting a gallardo when i'm 19 not 40.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:47 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for listening to my comments and getting a Carrera S, its a great car and as I told you waiting a few years isnt bad at least you can get a Gallardo 10 years down the road when you are more mature and settled.

The rest of the money you saved by getting the C2S can be used to have a good portfolio in investments in the banking and services sector for a few years to increase your portofolio.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:05 AM
5boroughsSPOTTER is infamous around these parts
Nobody is bashing you and neither are they envious of you. I'm sure there are lots of people on here who are wealthier than your family. Everyone is trying to tell you that you need to gain experience with a less powerful car and work your way up. You were already in an accident with a far less powerful car, why take another risk? Nobody is putting a gun to your head, buy the Gallardo at your own risk, besides it's your "well-earned" money. Congrats on your purchase and enjoy it in good health.

Originally Posted by blkf430
hell it's my mistake, starting this thread from the beginning i've shoul've gotten whatever i wanted rathar than listening to you guys, who are just envious.
hell my family is wealthy and i'm proud of it, if you think i'm a dady's boy than so be it, at least i'll be getting a gallardo when i'm 19 not 40.
Let me point out that these two statements display your immaturity and your disrespect towards others opinions/suggestions.

Last edited by 5boroughsSPOTTER; 03-01-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:29 AM
james6290 is infamous around these parts
to each his own my friend, if u were in my shoes you would've committed suicide along ago. instead, of getting any support your bashing me because i wanted a gallardo. yet u keep telling me u dont deserve it , so in order to be worthy of car , you must a real estate agent and aged between 32-38. to get your stamp of approval. hell it's my mistake, starting this thread from the beginning i've shoul've gotten whatever i wanted rathar than listening to you guys, who are just envious. i dont know why, it's just a freakin gallardo 2 peieces of metal welded together and slaped an engine into it. and again with the age thingy, hell my family is wealthy and i'm proud of it, if you think i'm a dady's boy than so be it, at least i'll be getting a gallardo when i'm 19 not 40.
Everything that was said recently went completely over your head, didn't it? Nobody is envious of you, there are people on the board twice as wealthy as your family, we were trying to protect you from making a horrible mistake. And you are deserving of a car because you have worked hard but not a gallardo. Do you see the difference? You don't have to be a real estate agent but there is a difference between a 19 y.o. who worked for a fraction of a gallardo and a successful older person who who worked for the full amount. You will be worthy of a gallardo when YOU can pay for one. And the "it's just a gallardo" comment might get you in trouble around here. There are people who actually worked for one and would take offense to that. You don't have to go bashing other people's cars just because your daddy can buy one for you. And for the last comment, you just said you were getting a porsche, and now you are getting a gallardo again? And "hell my family is wealthy and i'm proud of it"- braggadocious much? And finally, the suicide comment was just weird, maybe you need a therapist?

Congrats on the porsche, much smarter decision. And always remember, when you post something on the internet, expect criticism, it's not trying to make you feel like ****, it's trying to help you. I hope you learned something from this whole thing.

Last edited by james6290; 03-01-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:15 PM
i hold no grudge against my fellow 6speeders, but the way you judge people, is not right. to those who are offended i'm deeply sorry, but a man cannot be judged by his age but by his actions, i know , the previous posts show the lack of respect, but you truly sometimes get on a persons nerves.

to all my fellow my 6speeders i meanno disrespect, and my sinicere apologies to all members

peace

Old 03-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
note: A carrera s is a great car.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Banned
kinnsella is infamous around these parts
The Porsche 911 is an excellent car. A truly useful and usable daily driver. It's not nearly as loud, much better visibility, more room inside and has a more supple ride. When you are driving a car 365 days a year....these are things you really need to consider.

While the concept may be 40 (mid engined cars are hardly new either) plus years old, Porsche has been continually refining the design. The 996 was a complete ground up redesign and it was an excellent car. I owned an '01 996 Turbo for 4 years and it was my daily driver. I put 45,000 miles on it. It's the best all around car I have ever owned. It was an extremely fast car. The 997 addresses most of the issues with the 996. Massively improved interior, improved driving dynamics and an improved exterior more in line with the 993. Porsche's (996's and 997's) are much easier to drive faster for an inexperienced driver than a mid engined car. They are more predictable and progressive at the limit and the car is set up to understeer. Plus the brake feel on a 997 is much better the G's. A mid engine car requires the driver to be much smoother with the all the driving inputs (steering, braking and accelerating) to get the most out of it. It takes practice. You can get away with a lot more in the Porsche and not kill yourself.

Consider also cost of ownership. Porsche has a longer warranty, maintenance, insurance and fuel costs will all be less. Plus the Lamborghini will take a massive depreciation hit over the first few years, especially if you are really going driving as much as you stated. At least in the US, Porsche has some of the best residuals of any manufacturer.

Here is something for you to mull over. Sounds like you had a pretty serious accident recently, from which you did not walk away unscathed. Consider it a wake up call. Whatever car you end up purchasing, realize this. There is no way a 19 year old has enough driving experience to realistically handle either one. Sites like these, literally have hundreds of cautionary tales of people killing themselves in these types of cars. The most recent one that comes to mind - 5 kids were killed in Florida a few weeks ago in a new BMW M5. If you are going to make a large investment in a car, make the corresponding investment in yourself. Get some track time with an instructor. You'll be a much safer driver, and ultimately your ownership experience will be far more satisfying because you will be able to extract that much more from the car.

Last edited by kinnsella; 03-02-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Mowateriology is infamous around these partsMowateriology is infamous around these parts
congrats on the 997, i had no idea they can be had for less than 16k kd! what colour combo did you get it in?
personally, i see it a very big departure from a G but if it's your 1st sports car then it will be perfect and loads of fun .. my p-car definitely eased me into the f-car ownership.
they're totally different, but very much alike in certain ways. you'll love it, no doubt.

as for the extra cash, anse7ek dam enek 19 o ma tegdar et6ali3 b esmik yet, rou7 6ali3 ragam tadawol 7ag elborsa b isim elwalda or someone in your family o 6eglek istethmarat wa6aneya eb 840 o khalah 3endik laih ba3d eltawzee3a.. etha ma 6ala3t 20% saafy laih next summer 3ogb matsarif ely 3endik, gol eny ma afham shay o ana a36eek elfarg... call it a 6speeder looking to hook another local 6speeder up